Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums
Topic Closed  Topic Closed
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Community » Other Television Shows » $$ The Final Voyage [Series Finale Spoilers] (Page 2)

This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4   
Author Topic: $$ The Final Voyage [Series Finale Spoilers]
Omega
Some other beginning's end
Member # 91

- posted      Profile for Omega     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Or that all of Star Trek was. [Smile]

--------------------
"This is why you people think I'm so unknowable. You don't listen!"
- God, "God, the Devil and Bob"

Hobbes
 Homicidal Psycho Jungle Cat 
Member # 138

- posted      Profile for Hobbes     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by Siegfried:
Or see Scott Bakula do a tie-in to Quantum Leap

Alright Al, now can I fucking leap?

Why would Eaves have anything to do with the Prometheus or Nova? Those are Sternbach's ships. Drexler designed NX-01 because the producers wanted to capitalize on the popularity of the Akira. He only did what his employers told him to do, give the guy a break.

--------------------
I'm slightly annoyed at Hobbes' rather rude decision to be much more attractive than me though. That's just rude. - PsyLiam, Oct 27, 2005.

Dukhat
Hater of Stock Footage
Member # 341

- posted      Profile for Dukhat     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Why would Eaves have anything to do with the Prometheus or Nova? Those are Sternbach's ships.
You misunderstood my point. It wasn't about who designed what ship. It was about the possibility of the Titan being shown, and that instead of making a new design for the vessel, Eaves would just dip into the CGI archives & pick out an old ship. I used the Prometheus and Nova as examples because of their appearances in "Endgame." For all I know, he could just as easily pick an Excelsior or the Ent-E.

I guess what I was trying to say was that if an older design for the Titan is shown instead of a new design, then I'd personally rather not see the ship at all.

Of course, this is all based on the theory that the ship will be shown or referred to at all, which so far we have no evidence of anyway.

capped
I WAS IN THE FUTURE, IT WAS TOO LATE TO RSVP
Member # 709

- posted      Profile for capped     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
''Excelsior''? That bucket 'o bolts!?

--------------------
"Are you worried that your thoughts are not quite.. clear?"

Lee
I'm a spy now. Spies are cool.
Member # 393

- posted      Profile for Lee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Sometimes the inherent Comic-Book-Guy-ness of some of you is overwhelming. I've never seen such petulance. "I don't want to see the Titan unless it's a new class?" Ooh, look, you've thrown your teddy out of the pram, here, let me get it for you. Wake-up call, morons! You pulled the that's-not-what-I-want-I want-this-instead one too many times, and now, you're going to have to go without.

--------------------
Never mind the Phlox - Here's the Phase Pistols

The Mighty Monkey of Mim
SUPPOSED TO HAVE ICE POWERS!!
Member # 646

- posted      Profile for The Mighty Monkey of Mim     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Well, I mean, you'd think something that had been played up as much as the Titan has would be new and original and not some common design we've seen a dozen times before. Gotta get that eye-candy factor, man.

--------------------
The flaws we find most objectionable in others are often those we recognize in ourselves.

Sol System
two dollar pistol
Member # 30

- posted      Profile for Sol System     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Played up, though?
The Mighty Monkey of Mim
SUPPOSED TO HAVE ICE POWERS!!
Member # 646

- posted      Profile for The Mighty Monkey of Mim     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
The ship Riker finally accepted command of after so many years of refusing so many others?

--------------------
The flaws we find most objectionable in others are often those we recognize in ourselves.

Sol System
two dollar pistol
Member # 30

- posted      Profile for Sol System     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Surely that tells us much more about Riker than it does the newness of the Titan? He had just decided to get married as well, and Troi isn't exactly fresh off the assembly line.
PsyLiam
Hungry for you
Member # 73

- posted      Profile for PsyLiam     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
You'd still do her though, wouldn't you.

--------------------
Yes, you're despicable, and... and picable... and... and you're definitely, definitely despicable. How a person can get so despicable in one lifetime is beyond me. It isn't as though I haven't met a lot of people. Goodness knows it isn't that. It isn't just that... it isn't... it's... it's despicable.

Sol System
two dollar pistol
Member # 30

To be honest, I've never found her particularly attractive. I mean, she's a handsome woman and all, but, I don't know, sort of matronly.

But, you know, after a few drinks, and the DJ is packing away his gear, and the prospect of a long walk home alone down sudddenly uneven streets brings on a wild-eyed fear of dying alone, who knows?

Sol System
two dollar pistol
Member # 30

But I don't mean to slight her or anyone. I mean, she is better looking than most of the people I meet. I do not want anyone to feel bad.
Aban Rune
Former ascended being
Member # 226

- posted      Profile for Aban Rune     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Isn't the design of the Titan the subject of some contest by the publishers of the Star Trek books? I thought, for some reason that that contest was given the green light by Paramount. If it was, coming up with their own design would be pretty dumb.

But who are we kidding... we're not going to see the ship.

--------------------
"Nu ani anqueatas"

Aban's Illustration
The Official Website of Shannon McRandle

Lee
I'm a spy now. Spies are cool.
Member # 393

- posted      Profile for Lee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I understand the problem. No class really seems right as a candidate to be the Titan. Far better to just not see the ship at all. Which will suit the Paramount purse-holders just fine. But imagine if we saw a brief, tantalising glimpse. . . We'd still be arguing about it when they resurrect the franchise!

--------------------
Never mind the Phlox - Here's the Phase Pistols

PsyLiam
Hungry for you
Member # 73

- posted      Profile for PsyLiam     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by Sol System:
But I don't mean to slight her or anyone. I mean, she is better looking than most of the people I meet. I do not want anyone to feel bad.

Just to check...are you worried that Sirtis is going to read this, think "Oh no, Simon does not want to sleep with me! My life's goal has been unsuccessful! " and then leap out of her bedroom window (presumably not on the ground floor)?

--------------------
Yes, you're despicable, and... and picable... and... and you're definitely, definitely despicable. How a person can get so despicable in one lifetime is beyond me. It isn't as though I haven't met a lot of people. Goodness knows it isn't that. It isn't just that... it isn't... it's... it's despicable.

This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4   

Open Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2008 Solareclipse Network.