Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums
Topic Closed  Topic Closed
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Community » Other Television Shows » $$$$$ "Damage" Goods - (Spoilers)

Author Topic: $$$$$ "Damage" Goods - (Spoilers)
bX
Stopped. Smelling flowers.
Member # 419

- posted      Profile for bX     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I've been watching back through season 3, getting caught up. And was it just me or was "Damage" actually interesting and sort of good? I mean I liked that there was a real and difficult moral decision to make and that Archer made it. Thereby stranding those folks. That's so cool.
Mark Nguyen
I'm a daddy now!
Member # 469

- posted      Profile for Mark Nguyen     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Yeah, and they're still THERE for all we know. Had they the means, would Starfleet send a ship out there to give them back their coil? Or would it best be forgotten, as Starfleet seems to have forgotten the entire Xindi aftermath?

Mark

--------------------
"This is my timey-wimey detector. Goes ding when there's stuff." - Doctor Who
The 404s - Improv Comedy | Mark's Starship Bridge Designs | Anime Alberta

Captain Boh
Member # 1282

- posted      Profile for Captain Boh     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Given the fact that the region isn't exactly empty, I'd say SOMEONE showed up eventually. Maybe Enterprise got the giant Aquatic ship to help them home.
Dukhat
Hater of Stock Footage
Member # 341

- posted      Profile for Dukhat     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I don't think that's Balaam's point, though. It would have been nice to see Archer himself go back for them, only to find that they had all died on their ship, and Archer's subsequent anquish over it. But alas, we won't.
bX
Stopped. Smelling flowers.
Member # 419

- posted      Profile for bX     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I'm not sure what my point was. I mean it's very likely that someone showed up. But given Enterprise's reception in the Expanse, statistically speaking the Illyrians are in for more pirate fun. I can't imagine they'd fare too well without a warp coil.

I'm not sure I'd even want to see Archer's subsequent anguish. Or find out that the Aquatics helped them or that they radioed for help or anything. I just like the idea that in order to complete his mission (and his mission did have priority) Archer had to do a bad, bad thing. And no one on the ship likes it. And it's tense. But they do it anyway. And the Illyrian crew is fucked.

If it were Voyager, they'd find an asteroid field of warp coils or something. Something would happen that would make it all OK. Not at all desperate like Ransom and Equinox.

It's just nice to see them face a tough choice like that. It's even more hard core that Archer adn Co. got whipped back to Earth and never had a chance to do anything to help the poor bastards.

Gvsualan
Perpetual Member
Member # 968

- posted      Profile for Gvsualan     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Its ST:Enterprise's answer to "In the Pale Moonlight", without the damning reprocussions. I liked it from what I could remember of it. I always thought Casey Biggs was a good actor...in terms of his role as Damar.

--------------------
Hey, it only took 13 years for me to figure out my password...

Aban Rune
Former ascended being
Member # 226

- posted      Profile for Aban Rune     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I liked the episode and the moral dilemma presented, though, given how deeply affected Archer was by the decision, I find it unrealistic that he wouldn't make any attempt at all to help them. Afterall... they just saved the entire planet... and basically this poor stranded crew helped them to do it. I'd think Starfleet would try to help.

But then... Enterprise is the only warp 5 ship they have. It took Enterprise months to get to the Expanse, right? It would take another ship even longer. Then they'd have to locate them.

--------------------
"Nu ani anqueatas"

Aban's Illustration
The Official Website of Shannon McRandle

Krenim
Unholy Triangle Fella
Member # 22

- posted      Profile for Krenim     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
"Damage" really was an episode that I would have liked to have seen a sequel to.

How long it would take a Starfleet ship to get out to that stranded ship would depend upon Enterprise's path through the Delphic Expanse, and how much time was spent investigating vs. travelling. I would assume that Archer and Co. did not travel in a straight line, and may have even had to double back in their search for the Xindi weapon. Furthermore, who knows how much time was spent looking around. A slower Starfleet ship, knowing exactly where to go, might be able to get out there pretty fast.

As for who else may have run into the stranded ship, it certainly might have gotten attacked. I don't see Archer letting the Xindi know about it, considering how he was trying to convince them that humans were all happy fun folks not out to destroy them. Informing them that he had stolen a warp coil from innocent folks stranding them light-years from anywhere would have been contrary to that goal.

--------------------
"Kirito? I killed a thing and now it says I have XPs! Is that bad? Am I dying?"

-Asuna, Episode 2, Sword Art Online Abridged

Dat
Huh?
Member # 302

- posted      Profile for Dat     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
If they needed a fast ship that can get there and it wasn't gonna be Enterprise, it could be Columbia.

--------------------
Is it Friday yet?

Open Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps