Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums
Topic Closed  Topic Closed
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Community » Other Television Shows » MAJOR SPOILERS for ENT Finale Given of TrekBBS! (uh, this sucks) (Page 4)

This topic comprises 5 pages: 1  2  3  4  5   
Author Topic: MAJOR SPOILERS for ENT Finale Given of TrekBBS! (uh, this sucks)
Mark Nguyen
I'm a daddy now!
Member # 469

- posted      Profile for Mark Nguyen     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
More details:

http://www.startrek.com/startrek/view/news/article/9996.html

Report indicates that Frakes has been squeezed into an ENT-era uniform, MACO uniform, and one other that's being kept as a surprise (T'Pol's, I'm guessing), in addition to their TNG-era stuff. 24th-century sets constructed include Ten Forward, Troi's quarters, "TNG-era corridors", and the Holodeck. The picture included in the set report confirms TNG signage and the familiar orange of the E-D's holodeck door.

Now, as unfortunate as it sounds, we may be stuck with Riker and Troi hopping around the E-D in that time period. Remember when people were hemming and hawwing about why the E-E wasn't seen in the background of DS9 during the Dominion War? There were certain rights issues then, combined with the B&B excuse that they didn't want the icon of their movie franchise "confused" with the TV series (which is BS, I maintain).

Anyway, while I'm hoping on the outside chance that this is misinformation and the Riker/Troi scenes DO involve their decision to leave Picard and the E-E crew, if it isn't, well, I'll be disappointed but not surprised. It'll be no worse than all the times Voyager backtracked to its openin season or two, while discounting how much older their actors looked. It'd be a record in this case, though.

Mark

--------------------
"This is my timey-wimey detector. Goes ding when there's stuff." - Doctor Who
The 404s - Improv Comedy | Mark's Starship Bridge Designs | Anime Alberta

Mikey T
Driven
Member # 144

- posted      Profile for Mikey T     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
What the hell... so they did save the Ten-Foward windows. Does that mean then Troi is on a crash diet for this cameo?

--------------------
"It speaks to some basic human needs: that there is a tomorrow, it's not all going to be over with a big splash and a bomb, that the human race is improving, that we have things to be proud of as humans."
-Gene Roddenberry about Star Trek

Siegfried
Fullmetal Pompatus
Member # 29

- posted      Profile for Siegfried     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
That picture of the TNG signage is bugging me. The Holodeck doors in TNG were the brown, octagon-shaped, interlocking doors. The Enterprise-E in First Contact had the standard, orange doors for the Holodeck (although I think the door label there was Holosuite).

After reading the production report, I can say that I feel not one bit better about the finale. Sigh. At least we get to see Shran one last time, though.

--------------------
The philosopher's stone. Those who possess it are no longer bound by the laws of equivalent exchange in alchemy. They gain without sacrifice and create without equal exchange. We searched for it, and we found it.

Mark Nguyen
I'm a daddy now!
Member # 469

- posted      Profile for Mark Nguyen     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hmm, so it may be the E-E after all... You're right, the E-D doors were greyish-beige, not orange. The original doors from TNG were recycled into the silver ones on VOY. Plus, it'd be a hell of a lot easier to re-assemble the crew-quarters, corridor, and briefing room set from what's in storage. If the Voyager Holodeck set was scrapped after the show, a holodeck is a pretty simple one to rebuild or greenscreen. Here's hoping...

And you know, it's just occurred to me - in perhaps the only bit of cleverness that will come of this episode, in the teaser, someone will visit the NX-01 galley, and a pan reveal will show that Chef is... Riker! The report mentioned that the galley set was re-assembled for that day's shooting, which may have been the only one for Frakes and Sirtis. Add that to the "surprise" outfit Riker will be wearing, and...

Mark

--------------------

Mars Needs Women
Sexy Funmobile
Member # 1505

- posted      Profile for Mars Needs Women     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
... Riker will be wearing a Chef Boyardee outfit and serving ravioli's.

Well I too am glad Shran will be in the finale, I sure will miss that blue skin. He was my favorite character in the whole damn series even if he wasn't a main character.

HerbShrump
Member # 1230

- posted      Profile for HerbShrump     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Ah, but Enterprise D doors were also orange.
Another Pic

At least, I always thought they were orange.

quote:
Now, as unfortunate as it sounds, we may be stuck with Riker and Troi hopping around the E-D in that time period. Remember when people were hemming and hawwing about why the E-E wasn't seen in the background of DS9 during the Dominion War? There were certain rights issues then, combined with the B&B excuse that they didn't want the icon of their movie franchise "confused" with the TV series (which is BS, I maintain).
I agree. I don't understand the way Paramount handles Star Trek licensing and rights. Certain rights issues? What's up with that? Aren't we all one big happy fleet?
Omega
Some other beginning's end
Member # 91

- posted      Profile for Omega     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Isn't it possible that that this is another Galaxy-class ship? Like, say, the Titan?

--------------------
"This is why you people think I'm so unknowable. You don't listen!"
- God, "God, the Devil and Bob"

Aban Rune
Former ascended being
Member # 226

- posted      Profile for Aban Rune     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Riker playing Chef would support the theory that the final episode is a holodeck recreation, and the Riker is playing a side character just to observe events. He did like to cook after all.

Maybe he also plays a Maco in order to witness some away mission.

Siegfried
Fullmetal Pompatus
Member # 29

- posted      Profile for Siegfried     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by HerbShrump:
Ah, but Enterprise D doors were also orange.
Another Pic

Yes, the Enterprise-D had orange doors, but, again, the Holodeck doors were not orange. They were always the greyish-brown, octagon-shaped, interlocking doors in the picture that Mark linked to during The Next Generation. The same doors were used on the cargo bay and shuttle bay sets (although I seem to remember the shuttle bay at least having a set of wide, rectangular, doors painted gray).

quote:
Originally posted by Mark Nguyen:
And you know, it's just occurred to me - in perhaps the only bit of cleverness that will come of this episode, in the teaser, someone will visit the NX-01 galley, and a pan reveal will show that Chef is... Riker!

They've teased us with chef all these years, and then they're going to tell us that chef was Riker. I always hoped that they would reveal chef to be Issac Hayes; after all, we know that chef is black.

--------------------
The philosopher's stone. Those who possess it are no longer bound by the laws of equivalent exchange in alchemy. They gain without sacrifice and create without equal exchange. We searched for it, and we found it.

B.J.
Space Cadet
Member # 858

- posted      Profile for B.J.     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by HerbShrump:
Another Pic

Did anyone else notice that the number on the door here is the same as the picture in the startrek.com article?

B.J.

Siegfried
Fullmetal Pompatus
Member # 29

quote:
Yes, the Enterprise-D had orange doors, but, again, the Holodeck doors were not orange. They were always the greyish-brown, octagon-shaped, interlocking doors in the picture that Mark linked to during The Next Generation.
I gotta fess up that I was totally wrong about this. I completely forgot that the corridor side of those octagon-shaped doors were painted orange with all the other doors; all I remembered were the interior side of the doors. My apologies to both Mark and Herb.
Mark Nguyen
I'm a daddy now!
Member # 469

Bah, you've been our bee-yatch for years now - why should that ever change? [Smile]

Anyhoo, lookit this:

http://trekweb.com/articles/2005/03/12/4233c0f9e3fea.shtml

Apparently confirming the notion that the final will happen several years after the current set of events, the uniforms are slightly different. There seems to be a Starfleet patch on the right shoulder now, and everyone's got their names embroidered on their uniform left breast. Also, they now have apaulets on the shoulders, which serve no apparent function.

Or else the holodeck re-creation they're in didn't get things QUITE right. That, and Reed is still a Lieutenant. Yeesh, really.

Mark

--------------------

Mikey T
Driven
Member # 144

- posted      Profile for Mikey T     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Federation Starship USS Titan, Galaxy Class. Riker and Troi settle into their new lives onboard and use the holodeck to think about Riker's new command post.

--------------------
"It speaks to some basic human needs: that there is a tomorrow, it's not all going to be over with a big splash and a bomb, that the human race is improving, that we have things to be proud of as humans."
-Gene Roddenberry about Star Trek

Mark Nguyen
I'm a daddy now!
Member # 469

Says who?

Mark

--------------------

Harry
Stormwind City Guard
Member # 265

- posted      Profile for Harry     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Rumours on TrekBBS suggest it takes place during TNG: "Pegasus".

--------------------
Titan Fleet Yards | Memory Alpha

This topic comprises 5 pages: 1  2  3  4  5   

Open Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps