Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums
Topic Closed  Topic Closed
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Community » Other Television Shows » How they just might get away with it all... (spoilers) (Page 2)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: How they just might get away with it all... (spoilers)
PsyLiam
Hungry for you
Member # 73

- posted      Profile for PsyLiam     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
"I guess I was upset about being spoiled then some people were quite unsypathetic. Oh well."

To be fair Wes, that's exactly what you did when you spoiled something for Lee. How do you expect him to act?

Anyway, let's hug, and allow everyone to get back to their "Enterprise might be good", and "Braga and berman suck Satan's cock" camps.

--------------------
Yes, you're despicable, and... and picable... and... and you're definitely, definitely despicable. How a person can get so despicable in one lifetime is beyond me. It isn't as though I haven't met a lot of people. Goodness knows it isn't that. It isn't just that... it isn't... it's... it's despicable.

Lee
I'm a spy now. Spies are cool.
Member # 393

- posted      Profile for Lee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Peronsally, I'm not sure I care anymore. I'm worn out. It seems you can't feel this show's basic premise and fundamentals are flawed without immediately being filed in the "Berman and Braga suck Satan's cock" camp. I could likewise categorise all those who like the idea of Enterprise as being in the "I don't care how bad it is so long as it's Star Trek, please don't let them take my only reason for living" camp that existed about a year ago.

But I won't.

--------------------
Never mind the Phlox - Here's the Phase Pistols

Treknophyle
Member # 509

- posted      Profile for Treknophyle     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
1st: Ryan - rock on. You win the round for logical thinking.

re "high-tech Enterprise?" Who is to say that NX-01 is a "higher" tech level than 1701?

1) The external design? The external shape? Means nothing - both twin hull vessels (1701) and catamaran hull vessels (NX-01) could co-exist.

2) The level of external detail? NX-01 definitely looks earlier to me.

3) The internal sets? Remember what J Dax said in Tribbles and Tribulations (sic) ? about how much she loved that centuries design? Who is to say that, as the level of AI improved, the designs weren't intentionally simplified?

--------------------
'One man's theology is another man's belly laugh.' - Lazarus Long

PsyLiam
Hungry for you
Member # 73

- posted      Profile for PsyLiam     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Lee: You did miss out the "I'm going to wait and see before forming an opinion" group.

--------------------
Yes, you're despicable, and... and picable... and... and you're definitely, definitely despicable. How a person can get so despicable in one lifetime is beyond me. It isn't as though I haven't met a lot of people. Goodness knows it isn't that. It isn't just that... it isn't... it's... it's despicable.

Wes
is still alive.
Member # 212

- posted      Profile for Wes     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I guess being neutral on the matter would be the most logical place to be.
Obese Penguin
Doomsayer
Member # 271

- posted      Profile for Obese Penguin     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Personally I could give three shits whether its Star Trek or not , personally I dont think this show will knock Six Feet Under and Law & Order out from my list of top TV shows.

But I am keeping it in mind atleast , I havent seen the show so I cant render a positive "It Will Suck Ass" verdict or a correct "THIS SHOW ROCKS I NEVER EXPECTED THIS" verdict. Most likley the reality will be the show will be something in the middle of "It Sucks" and "Wow"

But its all wait and see man.

Dont Count Your Chickens before theyre hatched

and all that Jazz...

--------------------
My Mother never found the irony in calling me a son of a bitch

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Open Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2008 Solareclipse Network.