Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums
Topic Closed  Topic Closed
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Community » Other Television Shows » $$ First Pics of "These Are the Voyages"... (Page 2)

This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4   
Author Topic: $$ First Pics of "These Are the Voyages"...
Hobbes
 Homicidal Psycho Jungle Cat 
Member # 138

- posted      Profile for Hobbes     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
When did the uniforms change? I haven't watched Enterprise in a long time. I watched every episode until I joined the Navy half way through season 1 and only caught a couple random episodes since. I figure I'll catch up on syndication or DVD. The Starfleet uniforms look mostly the same except I noticed a new patch and shoulder straps...I can't remember if those have always been there.

As for the TNG part, they could have had it anytime after All Good Things... and Generations.

--------------------
I'm slightly annoyed at Hobbes' rather rude decision to be much more attractive than me though. That's just rude. - PsyLiam, Oct 27, 2005.

Mark Nguyen
I'm a daddy now!
Member # 469

- posted      Profile for Mark Nguyen     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
The uniforms changed JUST for the finale, adding a Starfleet patch, name tag, and completely pointless epaulets. The epaulets, albeit black ones, will be previewed in the Mirror Universe two-parter.

Mark

--------------------
"This is my timey-wimey detector. Goes ding when there's stuff." - Doctor Who
The 404s - Improv Comedy | Mark's Starship Bridge Designs | Anime Alberta

Mark Nguyen
I'm a daddy now!
Member # 469

- posted      Profile for Mark Nguyen     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Additional - new pics have been posted of the gang in their finale uniforms.

http://trekweb.com/articles/2005/04/13/425dc8b5cd22a.shtml

TRAVIS IS STILL AN ENSIGN. Man, do the secondary minority characters ever get a break...

Mark

--------------------

Fabrux
Epic Member
Member # 71

- posted      Profile for Fabrux     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Where'd Phlox's hair go?

--------------------
I haul cardboard and cardboard accessories

Aban Rune
Former ascended being
Member # 226

- posted      Profile for Aban Rune     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
The same place as Travis' and Hosi's career's apparently. Hoshi is also still an Ensign. In All Good Things, at least we got a glimpse of a future where characters had actually continued to have a life and move on.

--------------------
"Nu ani anqueatas"

Aban's Illustration
The Official Website of Shannon McRandle

AndrewR
Resident Nut-cache
Member # 44

- posted      Profile for AndrewR     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Why wouldn't T'Pol be in regulation uniform? She is part of the crew - no longer in the High Command - all it would do would make her feel left out - look at the ALIENS everyone - we'll dress them differently so we know they are aliens.

--------------------
"Bears. Beets. Battlestar Galactica." - Jim Halpert. (The Office)

I'm LIZZING! - Liz Lemon (30 Rock)

Mark Nguyen
I'm a daddy now!
Member # 469

Ever more pictures:

http://www.scifiuniverse.net/episodes/enterprise/season4/098.html

Mark

--------------------

AndrewR
Resident Nut-cache
Member # 44

- posted      Profile for AndrewR     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
As if they'd have such a fat MACO! http://www.scifiuniverse.net/episodes/enterprise/season4/098/pic2.html

[Big Grin]

--------------------
"Bears. Beets. Battlestar Galactica." - Jim Halpert. (The Office)

I'm LIZZING! - Liz Lemon (30 Rock)

Mikey T
Driven
Member # 144

- posted      Profile for Mikey T     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Too much chocolate...

--------------------
"It speaks to some basic human needs: that there is a tomorrow, it's not all going to be over with a big splash and a bomb, that the human race is improving, that we have things to be proud of as humans."
-Gene Roddenberry about Star Trek

Mark Nguyen
I'm a daddy now!
Member # 469

http://www.scifiuniverse.net/episodes/enterprise/season4/098/pic5.html

And check out the new dress uniforms, not seen EVER and sorely lacking for official scenes on the show. Granted, NASA astronauts often show up to publicity functions in similar jumpsuits, but Starfleet would probably be better in diplomatics if they'd had these to begin with.

Mark

--------------------

Mikey T
Driven
Member # 144

- posted      Profile for Mikey T     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
And why get them dirty then?

--------------------
"It speaks to some basic human needs: that there is a tomorrow, it's not all going to be over with a big splash and a bomb, that the human race is improving, that we have things to be proud of as humans."
-Gene Roddenberry about Star Trek

Sol System
two dollar pistol
Member # 30

- posted      Profile for Sol System     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
How many official functions have been on Enterprise, though? I guess more this season, or at least the potential for more. (Keeping in mind my unfortunate ignorance in this regard.) But all I can think of is the launching ceremony in the pilot, and that's a case where the actual duty uniforms make sense, from a PR point of view.
Mark Nguyen
I'm a daddy now!
Member # 469

True... Perhaps diplomacy wasn't REALLY part of their mission, at least officially. Remember the whole Kreetassan thing with the chainsaws, though?

Mark

--------------------

Sol System
two dollar pistol
Member # 30

- posted      Profile for Sol System     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Well, in that case Earth's official diplomatic dress code wouldn't have mattered. (For the captain, at least.)

But, I mean, the dress uniforms have never come out for meetings with alien heads of state in Star Trek. An oversight, perhaps, but there you are.

(Or maybe one of the oft-overlooked utopian aspects of the franchise is fashion that truly combines sleek formality with dressed-down comfort?)

Aban Rune
Former ascended being
Member # 226

- posted      Profile for Aban Rune     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Bakula really has a very egg-shaped head.

--------------------
"Nu ani anqueatas"

Aban's Illustration
The Official Website of Shannon McRandle

This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4   

Open Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps