Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums
Topic Closed  Topic Closed
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Community » Other Television Shows » $$ First Pics of "These Are the Voyages"... (Page 4)

This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4   
Author Topic: $$ First Pics of "These Are the Voyages"...
Hobbes
 Homicidal Psycho Jungle Cat 
Member # 138

- posted      Profile for Hobbes     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Poor Mayweather and Hoshi...still ensigns after 10 years. Advancement in Starfleet is shit. After 10 years they ought to be LT or even LCDR's. Typically after 2 years an ENS is promoted to LTJG, 2 years later to LT.

--------------------
I'm slightly annoyed at Hobbes' rather rude decision to be much more attractive than me though. That's just rude. - PsyLiam, Oct 27, 2005.

japol
Member # 1149

- posted      Profile for japol     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
10 years as Ensigns is just weird. My friend in the Navy is 33 and a LCDR (actually made it at 32) and was chief operations officer and then xo of a cruiser for a while. And that's pretty much how it usually goes. If he's ahead of the curve it isn't by too much. They should at least be LTs. And Reed should at least be a LCDR. Of course, it all depends if there are slots available for people of those ranks. Modern militaries don't promote if there isn't a position for that person to move into where that rank is appropriate.

--------------------
I slit the sheet, the sheet I slit, and on the slitted sheet I sit.

Mark Nguyen
I'm a daddy now!
Member # 469

- posted      Profile for Mark Nguyen     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Even more pics... This time of another guest character, dolled up to look new. I tells ya, ten years have NOT aged this old girl.

LINK HERE

Mark

--------------------
"This is my timey-wimey detector. Goes ding when there's stuff." - Doctor Who
The 404s - Improv Comedy | Mark's Starship Bridge Designs | Anime Alberta

Aban Rune
Former ascended being
Member # 226

- posted      Profile for Aban Rune     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Um, yes... Mim posted that link on the last page [Smile] But it does renew my curiosity as to exactly how prominently the Ent D will be displayed. I mean, what is this... and episode of The Next Generation?

--------------------
"Nu ani anqueatas"

Aban's Illustration
The Official Website of Shannon McRandle

Mark Nguyen
I'm a daddy now!
Member # 469

- posted      Profile for Mark Nguyen     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Ah, my bad. But yes, it IS an epsiode of TNG. Manny Coto recently went on record that he considers the current Demons / Terra Prime story as the "real" finale, while TATV is more of a finale to the current era of television.

Mark

--------------------
"This is my timey-wimey detector. Goes ding when there's stuff." - Doctor Who
The 404s - Improv Comedy | Mark's Starship Bridge Designs | Anime Alberta

Aban Rune
Former ascended being
Member # 226

- posted      Profile for Aban Rune     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Good for Manny. They should've let him write the finale...

--------------------
"Nu ani anqueatas"

Aban's Illustration

Sol System
two dollar pistol
Member # 30

- posted      Profile for Sol System     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
So I hear that now that some people have seen the actual episode, they are not quite so harsh on it as they were before.

Anyway, one problem I think I have with it is that, while the Federation's formation might be important to Star Trek, we haven't been given any reason to think its important to these particular characters. I mean, the audience knows that this is the logical endpoint of the series, but none of the characters do. This will only be the second or third mention of anything like the Federation by characters who aren't from the future, and the first one just appeared last week.

In other words, it has the feel of something imposed by the weight of the franchise, rather than a story developed out of this show and these characters.

Aban Rune
Former ascended being
Member # 226

Right. Had the series gone on for another few years and the whole political alliance thing continued to build, this would have been a whole lot more resonant. As is, the finale should probably have focused on the end of the temporal cold war... too bad they already did away with that.

--------------------
"Nu ani anqueatas"

Aban's Illustration

Hobbes
 Homicidal Psycho Jungle Cat 
Member # 138

- posted      Profile for Hobbes     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I guess they also wanted to show that the 24th century did indeed know about the NX-01's missions.

--------------------
I'm slightly annoyed at Hobbes' rather rude decision to be much more attractive than me though. That's just rude. - PsyLiam, Oct 27, 2005.

This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4   

Open Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps