Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums
Topic Closed  Topic Closed
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Community » Other Television Shows » [$$$]In a Mirror, Darkly[$$$]

Author Topic: [$$$]In a Mirror, Darkly[$$$]
Hobbes
 Homicidal Psycho Jungle Cat 
Member # 138

- posted      Profile for Hobbes     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Now I'm impressed. Of the few ENT episodes I've watched this is the best. I only wish they would have shown both parts in one night.

First off, I love that they changed the intro clips and music. Then beginning with the events of First Contact, but without E-E crew reassuring the Vulcan's were not an invasion force.

Also, I think it's cool how it resolved what happened to the original Defiant after it disappeared. The only thing that seems odd, in the original MU episode and DS9 ones, it traveled dimensions but not time. In either case, this seems to require I edit the USS Defiant entry on my Constitution-class page. Can't wait to see it in action next week.

And lastly, T'Pol and Hoshi in their uniforms. [Big Grin]

--------------------
I'm slightly annoyed at Hobbes' rather rude decision to be much more attractive than me though. That's just rude. - PsyLiam, Oct 27, 2005.

TheWoozle
Member # 929

- posted      Profile for TheWoozle     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
One thing that comes to mind is the Voyager episode where they discover a 'tiny' wormhole and transmit a message to a Romulan ship, only to discover that the other end is in the past. Time in the star trek universe(s) is fairly fluid.

--------------------
joH'a' 'oH wIj DevwI' jIH DIchDaq Hutlh pagh
(some days it's just not worth chewing through the leather straps in the morning)
The Woozle!

Captain Boh
Member # 1282

- posted      Profile for Captain Boh     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Where was that theme music last season? It would have been way more appropreate to the Xindi arc.
Pwesty
Member # 1035

- posted      Profile for Pwesty     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi Guys
I was just wondering just how dead the Defiant really was in Friday show. I though that T'Pol said that all major system where off line or something like that. Also what did Tucker do to jump start Defiant so fast, I thought it took 30 minutes to restart a cold engine.

Thanks

Mark Nguyen
I'm a daddy now!
Member # 469

- posted      Profile for Mark Nguyen     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Ask the folks in the Tech thread. They're really smart.

Mark

--------------------
"This is my timey-wimey detector. Goes ding when there's stuff." - Doctor Who
The 404s - Improv Comedy | Mark's Starship Bridge Designs | Anime Alberta

Siegfried
Fullmetal Pompatus
Member # 29

- posted      Profile for Siegfried     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
I was just wondering just how dead the Defiant really was in Friday show.
They didn't say how dead the Defiant was, but the landing party made clear that the ship was being gutted. How gutted she was by that point wasn't said.

quote:
Also what did Tucker do to jump start Defiant so fast, I thought it took 30 minutes to restart a cold engine.
The warp engine takes 30 minutes to restart. This comes from "The Naked Time", and the Enterprise still had all systems (except for the propulsion systems) online, powered, and operational. What Trip did, apparently, was just flip the on/off switch for the fusion reactors or whatever the original Constitutions used for a second power source.

--------------------
The philosopher's stone. Those who possess it are no longer bound by the laws of equivalent exchange in alchemy. They gain without sacrifice and create without equal exchange. We searched for it, and we found it.

Open Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps