Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums
Topic Closed  Topic Closed
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Community » Other Television Shows » $$$These Are The Voyages$$$ (Page 1)

This topic comprises 6 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6   
Author Topic: $$$These Are The Voyages$$$
Mars Needs Women
Sexy Funmobile
Member # 1505

- posted      Profile for Mars Needs Women     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Well the episode has aired and all I have to say is
Fuck; Its over, its really over.

As far as the episode goes, it wasn't as bad as I thought it was. The Earth didn't shake but I'm not disappointed.

Well if you'll excuse me, I have to go drown my sorrows in processed sugar and carbonated water.

Malnurtured Snay
Blogger
Member # 411

- posted      Profile for Malnurtured Snay     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
the final sequence was, actually, pretty neat.

--------------------
www.malnurturedsnay.net

Dukhat
Hater of Stock Footage
Member # 341

- posted      Profile for Dukhat     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Yes, the paper-thin plot of the Pegasus and the wierd acting of Jolene Blalock aside, the ep wasn't as bas as everyone was saying. However, I'd be remiss if I didn't point out two things:

1. Trip's death was abso-friggin-lutely unnecessary to the story. It just came out of nowhere, was acted horribly by everyone, and ended very idiotically (Trip's goofy smile, then, next scene, he's dead!) But what made it all the more useless was that after it happend, everyone was acting like it, well, didn't happen. No one said anything about it at all, not his crewmates, his former Vulcan friend/lover/masseuse, not even Archer! It's almost as if the whole scene was just inserted after the fact, and the reason why we didn't see Trip at the ceremony was because he was in the bathroom or something.

2. The fact that the speech that Trip gave his life (!) so that Archer could give, was, well, not even seen. Instead, we get a terrific view of Frakes's and Sirtis's backsides as they exit the holodeck.

Sol System
two dollar pistol
Member # 30

- posted      Profile for Sol System     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Oh man, soda is for the hardcore sorrows!
Wee Bairns
Member # 1324

- posted      Profile for Wee Bairns     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I was very impressed with most of the set recreations, especially Ten-Forward and the Observation Lounge. Yhey both looked spot-on, to me at least. The corridors, on the other hand just didn't seem right.

--------------------
Visit the Clive Cussler Forum at http://clivecusslerforum.com/

Malnurtured Snay
Blogger
Member # 411

- posted      Profile for Malnurtured Snay     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I came in ten minutes late, so I didn't see the Ten Forward set. I agree with the Observation Lounge, but I thought the corridor set we saw was well done. I did think the doors were the wrong shade of orange, though ...

--------------------
www.malnurturedsnay.net

Omega
Some other beginning's end
Member # 91

- posted      Profile for Omega     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Was that shot of Picard a body double, or reused footage?

--------------------
"This is why you people think I'm so unknowable. You don't listen!"
- God, "God, the Devil and Bob"

MinutiaeMan
Living the Geeky Dream
Member # 444

- posted      Profile for MinutiaeMan     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I did notice that the turbolift looked absolutely nothing like the actual one.

--------------------
“Those people who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do.” — Isaac Asimov
Star Trek Minutiae | Memory Alpha

Malnurtured Snay
Blogger
Member # 411

Hey - in the establishing shot of the room where the Federation accord was to be signed, did anyone notice that the red carpet was jumping all over the place? The CGI in that scene struck me as especially horrid.

--------------------
www.malnurturedsnay.net

Dat
Huh?
Member # 302

- posted      Profile for Dat     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
From what I saw of inaccuracies:

The interior holodeck doors were orange when they were supposed to be grey

The interior Observation Lounge doors were also orange when they're supposed to be grey, plus, they were labeled when they're not supposed to be.

The E-D turbolift was completely off.

There was a Kazon there on Rigel X when no one in the quadrant knew of them.

The E-D cgi was great, but the reg number on the pylons were missing.

But hey, NX-01 is a museum ship that survives up to the mid-24th century!

They're working on the Warp 7 project! (Which may be why NX-01 is being decommed.)

Nothing seems to contradict the Sato and Archer bios from the Defiant's historical database.

I was hoping for some name dropping of some other Starfleet ships in reference to the crew's future assignments. It would have been nice to see some other ships as well, but this was from Riker and Troi's standpoint.

--------------------
Is it Friday yet?

Neutrino 123
Member # 1327

- posted      Profile for Neutrino 123     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
From what I gathered, there are already ships with warp 7 (at least being built). It would be silly to decomission technology one generation old if the new things aren't out yet...

--------------------
Neutrino 123 (pronounced Neutrino One-Two-Three)

Mark Nguyen
I'm a daddy now!
Member # 469

- posted      Profile for Mark Nguyen     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hey guys, there's a thread in the Tech forum for this. Episode discussions here!

Mark

--------------------
"This is my timey-wimey detector. Goes ding when there's stuff." - Doctor Who
The 404s - Improv Comedy | Mark's Starship Bridge Designs | Anime Alberta

Krenim
Unholy Triangle Fella
Member # 22

- posted      Profile for Krenim     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Well, it wasn't bad (a step up from "Endgame", certainly), but it wasn't good either. It does work better for me as a finale to Trek as a whole than a finale to Enterprise, but only marginally so.

Trip and Shran really got the short end of the stick here. Trip didn't need to die, and Shran didn't need booted from the Imperial Guard and made into a criminal.

It was good to see Riker and Troi again, although I still think it would have been better to see them around the time of Nemesis. Troi's short conversation with Data elicited a grin.

I really wanted a line or so in which Archer (with a wink and a nod) comes up with the name "United Federation of Planets."

No mention of the Romulan War, but Riker does seem to establish that there was no ban on cloaking tech prior to the Treaty of Algeron.

--------------------
"Kirito? I killed a thing and now it says I have XPs! Is that bad? Am I dying?"

-Asuna, Episode 2, Sword Art Online Abridged

Mars Needs Women
Sexy Funmobile
Member # 1505

- posted      Profile for Mars Needs Women     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Yeah I was disappointed with the way Shran was portrayed. Considering all he's done for Enterprise that was not the way to portray a character for the last time (Well at least he was a good father).

The entire scene where Trip dies was sort of stupid.
He seemed outta character. I feel a better way to die would have been for the alien guy to attempt to shoot Archer and Trip getting in the way of the blast.

Guardian 2000
Member # 743

- posted      Profile for Guardian 2000     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Actually, I think "Endgame" was better, since at that point they just didn't really care. This was just a foul ruining of both Enterprise S4 and a previously-good Ron D. Moore TNG ep, and I think it was intentional on both counts.

--------------------
. . . ceterum censeo Carthaginem esse delendam.

G2k's ST v. SW Tech Assessment

This topic comprises 6 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6   

Open Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2008 Solareclipse Network.