Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums
Topic Closed  Topic Closed
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Community » Other Television Shows » $$$These Are The Voyages$$$ (Page 3)

This topic comprises 6 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6   
Author Topic: $$$These Are The Voyages$$$
Captain Boh
Member # 1282

- posted      Profile for Captain Boh     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I enjoied the episode. While it wasn't great as an Enterprise episode, it was fun to watch.

It was nice to see the D again. It was neat how they tied it in with an exsisting episode. I'm tempted to edit together a "The Pegasus" extended edition.

The death of the baby less than an hour earlier (nuts to commercials) is probably a contributing factor, but I cried during the ending with the TV Enterprises. I'll miss new Trek.

Timo
Member # 245

- posted      Profile for Timo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
So, where do the ENT bits fit in?

I mean, sure, there's a lot of "off time" for Riker in "The Pegasus", but his actual change of heart seems to come in those short hours after entering the derelict and before being trapped within the asteroid. Surely "TATV" can't take place in that narrow timeslot!

Timo Saloniemi

Dat
Huh?
Member # 302

- posted      Profile for Dat     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
But Riker was jumping around a lot in timeframes in his program.

--------------------
Is it Friday yet?

Siegfried
Fullmetal Pompatus
Member # 29

- posted      Profile for Siegfried     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
The impression I got from "These Are the Voyages..." was that Riker finished his holodeck journey of discovery before the Pegasus had been found in the asteroid. That raises the issue of why Riker, confident in his decision to inform Picard of what was really going on, then waits until disaster struck to finally execute his decision. I do have to wonder if Berman and Braga completely rewatched "The Pegasus" before writing this episode because the two episodes just do not gel very well together.

In "The Pegasus", Riker's decision to rat out Admiral Pressman is spur of the moment. The bridge crew is discussing ways of getting out of their entrapment and the Romulan's offer to beam them off the Enterprise. In the middle of this, Riker spills the beans on the interphasic cloaking device recovered from the Pegasus.

"These Are the Voyages..." doesn't take this into account, which makes me wonder if the writers completely rewatched the episode in the first place. "These Are the Voyages..." ends with Riker saying he's made his decision and that he's on his way to gladly inform Picard of Pressman's and his treaty-breaking secret.

--------------------
The philosopher's stone. Those who possess it are no longer bound by the laws of equivalent exchange in alchemy. They gain without sacrifice and create without equal exchange. We searched for it, and we found it.

The Mighty Monkey of Mim
SUPPOSED TO HAVE ICE POWERS!!
Member # 646

- posted      Profile for The Mighty Monkey of Mim     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
The last 30 seconds were beautiful. The rest was utter shite.

At least we are now free of the Pretenders to the Throne. The loss of such princes as Manny Coto and Mike Sussman is somewhat offset by that good.

--------------------

It's been a long road
Getting from there to here
It's been a long time
But my time is finally near

And I can feel the change in the wind right now
Nothing's in my way
And they're not gonna hold me down no more
No they're not gonna hold me down

'Cause I've got faith of the heart
I'm going where my heart will take me
I've got faith to believe
I can do anything
I've got strength of the soul
And no one's gonna bend or break me
I can reach any star
I've got faith, I've got faith, faith of the heart

It's been a long night
Trying to find my way
Been through the darkness
Now I've finally had my day

And I will see my dream come alive at last
I will touch the sky
And they're not gonna hold me down no more
No they're not gonna change my mind

I can do anything
I can reach any star

I know that we're so cold
We've seen the darkest days
But now the winds I feel
Are only winds of change
I've been through the fire
I've been through the rain
But I'll be fine, oh yeah

I can do anything
I can reach any star

It's been a long road...

--------------------

Beyond the rim of the star-light
My love
Is wand'ring in star-flight
I know
He�ll find in star-clustered reaches
Love,
Strange love a starwoman teaches.
I know
His journey ends never
His star trek
Will go on forever.
But tell him
While he wanders his starry sea
Remember, remember me.

-MMoM [Frown]

Teh PW
Self Impossed Exile (This Space for rent)
Member # 1203

- posted      Profile for Teh PW         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by The Mighty Monkey of Mim:
At least we are now free of the Pretenders to the Throne. The loss of such princes as Manny Coto and Mike Sussman is somewhat offset by that good.

Are we? there is a movie in planning, yes? for the Rom War, with nujb crew? is Beener & Beener masterbating over this one?

--------------------
*shrug* Ready, shoot, aim.

The Mighty Monkey of Mim
Member # 646

- posted      Profile for The Mighty Monkey of Mim     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Berman has been involved in the pre-production stages but it is likely that most of the major work on the film will take place after his contract expires, or so I've heard. Braga (by far, the worst of the pair) has had absolutely nothing to do with it.

--------------------
The flaws we find most objectionable in others are often those we recognize in ourselves.

Sol System
two dollar pistol
Member # 30

- posted      Profile for Sol System     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
This reminds me that we never have to hear that song again, too.

My response needs to be heavy on profanity, as it involves Brannon Braga, who I heard was born when Satan had an abortion and then it walked around in a sewer, but not the clean ones from the Ninja Turtles, but both of my attempts so far have been unsatisfying, so I'll just say that I wholly agree that we need another Star Trek film like Nemesis, with hip new writers and directors, rather than anything like any Star Trek film that other loathsome person had something to do with, because his track record there is the worst of anyone!

If I ever had to watch any Star Trek movie Brannon Braga cowrote I'd kill myself!

The Mighty Monkey of Mim
Member # 646

Your mockery vexes me.

--------------------
The flaws we find most objectionable in others are often those we recognize in ourselves.

Sol System
two dollar pistol
Member # 30

- posted      Profile for Sol System     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Well, I will take any reply that uses "vex" (as opposed to "I find incredibly annoying") as a sort of compliment. But, to sum my position up in a more straightforward manner: 1.) Attacks on Braga are just way, way, way over the top. 2.) Of modern Star Trek movies, his are probably the best. (I guess Generations might be controversial, but I think I enjoy it more than Insurrection or Nemesis, even though Nemesis does have neat explosions. But I'm willing to accept that my feelings may be colored by adolescent nostalgia.)
PsyLiam
Hungry for you
Member # 73

- posted      Profile for PsyLiam     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I'd agree with that, actually. Generations main problem is that it's a bit underwhelming when it shouldn't be (the death of Kirk), whereas Nemesis' problems are caused by a horrible feeling of disjointedness related to either bad editing or bad scripting.

I've watched Generations a few times, and it still has enough parts that resonate with me (the first shot of the Ent-B, Kirk's first "death", the battle with the BOP [yes, Riker's an idiot, but still], the crash, Picard's grief at losing his family, and even the humour work much better than they did in Insurrection and Nemesis [despite Insurrection being "the funny one"]).

So, yeah, I would also put Generations above Insurrection and Nemesis.

On the other hand, I like that song. So me an Simon are obviously heading for some kind of confrontation. IN THE RING!

--------------------
Yes, you're despicable, and... and picable... and... and you're definitely, definitely despicable. How a person can get so despicable in one lifetime is beyond me. It isn't as though I haven't met a lot of people. Goodness knows it isn't that. It isn't just that... it isn't... it's... it's despicable.

Lee
I'm a spy now. Spies are cool.
Member # 393

- posted      Profile for Lee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Perhaps Chesney could cover it.

--------------------
Never mind the Phlox - Here's the Phase Pistols

Cartman
just made by the Presbyterian Church
Member # 256

- posted      Profile for Cartman     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Simon could KO you just by turning around. You will not win.
PsyLiam
Hungry for you
Member # 73

- posted      Profile for PsyLiam     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I would have to find a way of turning his main asset into his ultimate weakness. Perhaps with the aid of some cabbage.

--------------------
Yes, you're despicable, and... and picable... and... and you're definitely, definitely despicable. How a person can get so despicable in one lifetime is beyond me. It isn't as though I haven't met a lot of people. Goodness knows it isn't that. It isn't just that... it isn't... it's... it's despicable.

Lee
I'm a spy now. Spies are cool.
Member # 393

- posted      Profile for Lee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
"I've got. . . Faith of the Heart. . . Can't take that away from me. . ."

--------------------
Never mind the Phlox - Here's the Phase Pistols

This topic comprises 6 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6   

Open Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps