Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums
Topic Closed  Topic Closed
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Community » Other Television Shows » $$$These Are The Voyages$$$ (Page 4)

This topic comprises 6 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6   
Author Topic: $$$These Are The Voyages$$$
TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

- posted      Profile for TSN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
We can if we try.
Aban Rune
Former ascended being
Member # 226

- posted      Profile for Aban Rune     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Alright, I finally saw the episode. I'll try not to retread old arguments:

1) Utter crap. I've not been this disappointed since Voyager's "Threshold". What a floater. I didn't even like the closing montage.

2) The episode wasn't about anything related to Enterprise. It was a TNG episode. In theory, the show was about the end of the Enterprise's mission and the founding of the Federation. But it wasn't. The plot of the story was Riker trying to make up his mind. We didn't even get to hear Archer's speech. And the episode technically wasn't even real! It was a computer recreation of what *might* have happened based on personal logs, historical records, and possibly interviews. There's no way anyone could know what Chef talked to Trip about in the friggin' galley. Or what Malcom, Hoshi and Travis talked about while waiting for Archer's speech. It's the end of the mission, and we don't even get to see it how it *actually* happened.

3) T'Pol made absolutely no sense. Granted, it's 6 years in the future, but Terra Prime ended with such emotion and connection between Trip and T'Pol. Now we find out that they've had absolutely no romantic relationship all this time but now, suddenly, there's hope for it... but too late cause Trip died. Blalock's acting was funky, but I'm fairly certain it was due to bad direction rather than Blalock's skillz.

4) WHERE THE HELL WAS SECURITY?!?!! "We're being boarded! Now let's let the captain and chief engineer take care of it themselves without sending a single crewman to help." It's like the ship was deserted. Where are the MACOs, these uberMilitary commandos? They never even explained how the marauder ship caught up with them. And here again... this may not even be the way things actually happened because it was a holodeck episode!

5) An actual question: Did they get Brent Spiner to record dialoge for this? If not, where did the com message to Troi come from?

6) I watched "The Pegasus" right before watching "TATV" and there is virtually no way this episode could've happened during the events of that show. There just aren't enough breaks in the action for Riker to visit the holodeck all those times AND sit and chat with Troi.

7) Since when does Riker need to be hand-held and baby-sat to make tough decisions?

8) Troi knows an awful lot about the program for someone who's never run it herself. It's odd that Troi was so involved with "TATV" given that I don't even remember seeing her on the show during "The Pegasus". Was she even in that episode?

9) The only cool thing about this ep was the killer Enterprise-style footage of the Ent-D flying into and out of the asteroid field.

Bah!

--------------------
"Nu ani anqueatas"

Aban's Illustration
The Official Website of Shannon McRandle

Siegfried
Fullmetal Pompatus
Member # 29

- posted      Profile for Siegfried     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by Aban Rune:
5) An actual question: Did they get Brent Spiner to record dialoge for this? If not, where did the com message to Troi come from?

Yeah, they got Brent Spiner to come in and do his lines. In fact, he wrote his own lines. That exchange kind of made me groan, though.
Sol System
two dollar pistol
Member # 30

- posted      Profile for Sol System     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
"We didn't even get to hear Archer's speech."

This is one complaint that I don't agree with. Considering the, uh, hit and miss nature of Archer's big speeches in the past, I don't think leaving this one up to the audience's imagination was a bad idea, necessarily.

DoughBoy05
Member # 1417

- posted      Profile for DoughBoy05     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I would have like to have seen one of the "Warp seven beauties" that Reed mentionned.

Also did Tucker say the Enterprise was travelling at Warp 7 while doing thier toast thing before the 2nd run in with the baddies?

--------------------
"Well, Sergeant? Aren't you going to say that it's bigger on the inside than it is on the outside? Everybody else does."

"It's pretty obvious, isn't it?"

The Doctor and Sgt. Benton, in "The Three Doctors"

Harry
Stormwind City Guard
Member # 265

- posted      Profile for Harry     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by Sol System:
"We didn't even get to hear Archer's speech."

This is one complaint that I don't agree with. Considering the, uh, hit and miss nature of Archer's big speeches in the past, I don't think leaving this one up to the audience's imagination was a bad idea, necessarily.

Not hearing it is one thing, but cutting it off with "End Program" was just rude.

--------------------
Titan Fleet Yards | Memory Alpha

TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

- posted      Profile for TSN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
"Also did Tucker say the Enterprise was travelling at Warp 7 while doing thier toast thing before the 2nd run in with the baddies?"

I originally thought he said they were "coasting at warp 7", but I went back and listened to it later and I think he said "toasting to warp 7".

DoughBoy05
Member # 1417

- posted      Profile for DoughBoy05     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by TSN:
"Also did Tucker say the Enterprise was travelling at Warp 7 while doing thier toast thing before the 2nd run in with the baddies?"

I originally thought he said they were "coasting at warp 7", but I went back and listened to it later and I think he said "toasting to warp 7".

Toasting...well that makes more sense!

--------------------
"Well, Sergeant? Aren't you going to say that it's bigger on the inside than it is on the outside? Everybody else does."

Dukhat
Hater of Stock Footage
Member # 341

- posted      Profile for Dukhat     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
I would have liked to have seen one of the "Warp seven beauties" that Reed mentioned.
Well, you could assume that they're either

a). The Daedalus class, or

b). Whatever ship will be seen in Berman's next movie, if the movie even gets made, which isn't even certain.

Timo
Member # 245

- posted      Profile for Timo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
or c) old Vulcan ringships donated to UFP Starfleet now that the Vulcans no longer do their own fighting.

Thankfully enough, the episode didn't quite refer to warp 7 as if it were something new.

Timo Saloniemi

DoughBoy05
Member # 1417

The Daedalus seems so itty bitty compared to the NX Class and seems a bit on the shrimpy side to hit warp 7.

A Baton Rouge look a like would have been nifty.

--------------------

The Ginger Beacon
Member # 1585

- posted      Profile for The Ginger Beacon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Well that depends on how big the Daedalus class is.

I don't know if there is any 'real' length. I mean, the only time we saw it was in Siskos office in DS9. What was that, 16 inches?

I kinda see it as around 160m long (not the oft quoted 105). This gives it between 11 and 14 decks, which fits much better with the windows on Sisko's model.

Whats a Baton Rouge look like when its not flying at warp 7?

--------------------
I have plenty of experience in biology. I bought a Tamagotchi in 1998... And... it's still alive.

Aban Rune
Former ascended being
Member # 226

- posted      Profile for Aban Rune     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I choose to believe that the Daedalus does exist and looks like the model on Sisko's desk, except with alot more detail. Detail that, oddly enough, makes it look more like the NX-01.

--------------------
"Nu ani anqueatas"

Aban's Illustration
The Official Website of Shannon McRandle

bX
Stopped. Smelling flowers.
Member # 419

- posted      Profile for bX     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Wow, that was shitty. I have a question: was this the shot of Picard that Snay and Liam were talking about? Does he appear elsewhere in the ep? (I don't know that I can sit through it again)

So didn't this show used to be about some characters from before TOS and not at all about any characters from TNG? I mean this would have been a really interesting interseason episode, but wasn't a good way to say goodbye to the show we all knew and barely tolerated.

Not that I especially liked Demons/Terra Prime as a finale either but at least there were some exciting things happening.

For the sake of the discussion a few pages back here is an image of the Carl Sagan Memorial Station thingy:

-

AndrewR
Resident Nut-cache
Member # 44

- posted      Profile for AndrewR     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I liked seeing that shot.

--------------------
"Bears. Beets. Battlestar Galactica." - Jim Halpert. (The Office)

I'm LIZZING! - Liz Lemon (30 Rock)

This topic comprises 6 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6   

Open Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps