Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums
Topic Closed  Topic Closed
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Community » Other Television Shows » $$$These Are The Voyages$$$ (Page 5)

This topic comprises 6 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6   
Author Topic: $$$These Are The Voyages$$$
Veers
You first
Member # 661

- posted      Profile for Veers         Edit/Delete Post 
Again, isn't that a little small for something so important? Is the Memorial Station even visible over those ridges?

--------------------
Meh

TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

- posted      Profile for TSN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Who says it's that important? It's probably the twenty-second-century equivalent of one of those roadside plaques that say "On this spot in 1792, George Washington stopped his horse and went off to crap in the woods."
bX
Stopped. Smelling flowers.
Member # 419

- posted      Profile for bX     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I mean not to discount the importance of landing a rover on Mars or anything, but Mars-3 and Viking had already been there, and I imagine the first human footprints on Mars would be more significant. Perhaps a BIG obelisk.

While it would not have been unexpected, I was kind of looking forward to the final Enterpirse episodes tying up the temporal cold-war arc and simultaneously explaining why we've never heard of Johnathan Archer (et al) until this show. Like some big show reset-button where Archer sacrifices his place in history to save Earth and the proto-federation from the evil clutches of Future-Guy and the Suliban. Maybe with some Klingon tie-in hinting at their future collaboration. Meeting a young Commander Pike. Something. Anything other than a "holodeck" episode. Yawn.

Austin Powers
Slightly warped
Member # 250

- posted      Profile for Austin Powers     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I really enjoyed Jolene Blalock's and Dominic Keating's remarks about the final episode and Berman/Braga during the panels at FedCon 14 this month in Bonn.
(Especially Dominic Keating's rendition of his own version of the theme song - very "special" and dedicated to "Bermaga"... [Wink] )

--------------------
Lister: Don't give me the "Star Trek" crap! It's too early in the morning.
- Red Dwarf "The Last Day"

The Ginger Beacon
Member # 1585

- posted      Profile for The Ginger Beacon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
The audio wasn't working when I checked, but the words can be found here... [Big Grin]

--------------------
I have plenty of experience in biology. I bought a Tamagotchi in 1998... And... it's still alive.

Austin Powers
Slightly warped
Member # 250

- posted      Profile for Austin Powers     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
That's the one! [Big Grin]

Nothing beats hearing the Ent stars bashing TPTB!

(Well, unless you count legally jumping the queue waiting for Leonard Nimoy autographs and thus saving 3 hours waiting... [Razz] )

--------------------

PsyLiam
Hungry for you
Member # 73

- posted      Profile for PsyLiam     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I own that t-shirt! Spooky.

--------------------
Yes, you're despicable, and... and picable... and... and you're definitely, definitely despicable. How a person can get so despicable in one lifetime is beyond me. It isn't as though I haven't met a lot of people. Goodness knows it isn't that. It isn't just that... it isn't... it's... it's despicable.

The Ginger Beacon
Member # 1585

- posted      Profile for The Ginger Beacon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
So when did he nick it from you?

--------------------
I have plenty of experience in biology. I bought a Tamagotchi in 1998... And... it's still alive.

AndrewR
Resident Nut-cache
Member # 44

- posted      Profile for AndrewR     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by The Ginger Beacon:

I don't know if there is any 'real' length. I mean, the only time we saw it was in Siskos office in DS9. What was that, 16 inches?

Has Avery Brook's been boasting again? [Big Grin]

I've just finished watching it. The final episode that is. I've had it on my computer for over a month... I didn't know when I'd watch it.

I don't or can't really comment at the moment. I just wanted to come and read other's thoughts.

I'll just say about the E-D etc. Looked nice - the first view, the asteroid field etc. Still looked VERY CGI though.

--------------------
"Bears. Beets. Battlestar Galactica." - Jim Halpert. (The Office)

I'm LIZZING! - Liz Lemon (30 Rock)

Austin Powers
Slightly warped
Member # 250

Ok, now that I have finally managed to download and watch the episode (it won't be around here for at least half a year), I can say that for an Ent episode it might be quite disappointing.
As a TNG fan OTOH I can honestly say I thoroughly enjoyed seeing the good old D again.
But Andrew is right, it looked very CGI - well, it fucking WAS CGI so what the heck. At least we got a chance to see it (and some of the sets) again...

And for the Ent cast I can only cite Scotty from Relics:
Here's to ya, lads!

--------------------

Aban Rune
Former ascended being
Member # 226

- posted      Profile for Aban Rune     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
It made a decent TNG episode, but a right crappy ENT episode. Not to mention that it was the series finale.

Now I'm all mad again...

--------------------
"Nu ani anqueatas"

Aban's Illustration
The Official Website of Shannon McRandle

Sol System
two dollar pistol
Member # 30

- posted      Profile for Sol System     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I don't think it would have been a very good TNG episode, really.

"Hey mental health professional who knows me intimately, I'm having a serious ethical crisis here, what should I do? Oh, go play video games for an hour? Sweet."

AndrewR
Resident Nut-cache
Member # 44

- posted      Profile for AndrewR     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Would have been interesting if they dropped about Troi and Worf getting it on at that time.

Anyway - I'm sorry but Riker and Troi didn't really pass off for themselves from 12 years before - although now that I've realised it's 12 years - that's not too bad. Frakes' has gotten fatter, balder, more bug-eyed and his skin looks sorta shiny. Shatner-esque shiny.

Sirtis' eye's look odd... even since the last film - I think she's had an eye job - or probably just botox... at one point she looked nearly cross-eyed.

Anyway this maybe just the effect of the makeup trying to make them look younger - cause she looked alright in Nemesis and those Voyager episodes.

I like her at her own age - she looked good in "Watergate" - that episode of Stargate she did.

--------------------
"Bears. Beets. Battlestar Galactica." - Jim Halpert. (The Office)

I'm LIZZING! - Liz Lemon (30 Rock)

Aban Rune
Former ascended being
Member # 226

- posted      Profile for Aban Rune     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Let me rephrase: the idea of Riker exploring a past era of Starfleet to gain some insight on something might have made an interesting TNG episode. Trying to cram it in with "The Pegasus" didn't work. And trying to cram it in with the Enterprise finale sucked.

--------------------
"Nu ani anqueatas"

Aban's Illustration
The Official Website of Shannon McRandle

Sol System
two dollar pistol
Member # 30

- posted      Profile for Sol System     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Supposedly the commentary track(s?) on the Enterprise DVDs released so far have been fairly frank, as such things go, so I wonder what they might have to say about the finale, should it get such a treatment.

I get the feeling, thinking about it in retrospect, that they probably had the idea of a TNG tie-in somewhere earlier in the season, as part of their "all references, all the time" strategy, and once the cancellation notice came down, it was more or less manhandled into the series finale.

This topic comprises 6 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6   

Open Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps