Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums
Topic Closed  Topic Closed
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Community » Other Television Shows » Who was Future Guy? (Page 1)

This topic comprises 5 pages: 1  2  3  4  5   
Author Topic: Who was Future Guy?
Masao
doesn't like you either
Member # 232

- posted      Profile for Masao     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
The third season of Enterprise is just being shown here in Japan, and I've only seen a few episodes of seasons 1 and 2. But I was wondering, did we ever find out who Future Guy was? Who was he?

--------------------
When you're in the Sol system, come visit the Starfleet Museum

MinutiaeMan
Living the Geeky Dream
Member # 444

- posted      Profile for MinutiaeMan     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
No clue. Go figure.

--------------------
“Those people who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do.” — Isaac Asimov
Star Trek Minutiae | Memory Alpha

Siegfried
Fullmetal Pompatus
Member # 29

- posted      Profile for Siegfried     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Very Minor Season 4 Spoilers Below...

What MinutiaeMan said. And, to expand on it a little, we'll never ever find out who the Shadowy Future Guy was. It's pretty obvious that Berman and Braga didn't have an idea or plan in place for revealing who it is, so we'll just have to be content with saying it was some dissatisfied person of an unknown faction from the 20-somethingth century. Plus, Manny Coto jetisoned the entire Temporal Cold War arc after resolving the Temporal War in the first couple of episodes of season four.

--------------------
The philosopher's stone. Those who possess it are no longer bound by the laws of equivalent exchange in alchemy. They gain without sacrifice and create without equal exchange. We searched for it, and we found it.

The Mighty Monkey of Mim
SUPPOSED TO HAVE ICE POWERS!!
Member # 646

- posted      Profile for The Mighty Monkey of Mim     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Gary Seven!

--------------------
The flaws we find most objectionable in others are often those we recognize in ourselves.

The Mighty Monkey of Mim
SUPPOSED TO HAVE ICE POWERS!!
Member # 646

- posted      Profile for The Mighty Monkey of Mim     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by Siegfried:
Plus, Manny Coto jetisoned the entire Temporal Cold War arc after resolving the Temporal War in the first couple of episodes of season four.

If you just mean that they didn't adress it again after that, then yes. But there was no "this never happened" retcon bullshit. (The TCW wasn't erased from ENT's history and it undoubtedly is still going on offscreen.)

-MMoM [Big Grin]

--------------------
The flaws we find most objectionable in others are often those we recognize in ourselves.

Aban Rune
Former ascended being
Member # 226

- posted      Profile for Aban Rune     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I think Daniels said it was cooling down, or something. But there were likely still some things happening. And in a sense, the TCW will always be going on since it's happening in a number of time frames.

--------------------
"Nu ani anqueatas"

Aban's Illustration
The Official Website of Shannon McRandle

AndrewR
Resident Nut-cache
Member # 44

- posted      Profile for AndrewR     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I wonder if the Mirror Universe had a temporal cold war?

--------------------
"Bears. Beets. Battlestar Galactica." - Jim Halpert. (The Office)

I'm LIZZING! - Liz Lemon (30 Rock)

Krenim
Unholy Triangle Fella
Member # 22

- posted      Profile for Krenim     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Alas, the only thing we ever found out about Future Guy was that he was (according to Daniels) from the 28th Century.
Aban Rune
Former ascended being
Member # 226

- posted      Profile for Aban Rune     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Humanity's time travel tech appears to steadily advance after the 24th century. Rasmussen's stolen time pod was from the 26th century, right? Though we never really found out if it was originally from Earth or not. In the 27th Century, Starfleet as both ships capable of creating temporal rifts and transporters capable of transporting people through time and space. Though the transportation is severely limited. In the 28th, possibly humans can project themselves through time without actually traveling there. And in the 29th century, humans apparently can roam space-time quite freely.

--------------------
"Nu ani anqueatas"

Aban's Illustration

Siegfried
Fullmetal Pompatus
Member # 29

- posted      Profile for Siegfried     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by The Mighty Monkey of Mim:
If you just mean that they didn't adress it again after that, then yes. But there was no "this never happened" retcon bullshit. (The TCW wasn't erased from ENT's history and it undoubtedly is still going on offscreen.)

I didn't suggest that he had taken the stance that it never happened since "Storm Front" was on his watch. All I said was that it was removed from being the overall-spanning storyline.

--------------------
The philosopher's stone. Those who possess it are no longer bound by the laws of equivalent exchange in alchemy. They gain without sacrifice and create without equal exchange. We searched for it, and we found it.

Aban Rune
Former ascended being
Member # 226

Which in my opinion was a mistake. They knew the series would never make it until the founding of the Federation, even if it went 7 years. The TCW should've been the focus of the series until the end.

--------------------
"Nu ani anqueatas"

Aban's Illustration

Krenim
Unholy Triangle Fella
Member # 22

- posted      Profile for Krenim     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by Aban Rune:
Humanity's time travel tech appears to steadily advance after the 24th century. Rasmussen's stolen time pod was from the 26th century, right? Though we never really found out if it was originally from Earth or not. In the 27th Century, Starfleet as both ships capable of creating temporal rifts and transporters capable of transporting people through time and space. Though the transportation is severely limited. In the 28th, possibly humans can project themselves through time without actually traveling there. And in the 29th century, humans apparently can roam space-time quite freely.

Not quite. Braxton, along with his tools of the trade: temporal rifts and temporal transporters, are from the 29th Century. Daniels, with his ability to seemingly pop himself and others in and out of wherever and whenever he wants, is from the 31st Century.

--------------------
"Kirito? I killed a thing and now it says I have XPs! Is that bad? Am I dying?"

-Asuna, Episode 2, Sword Art Online Abridged

Aban Rune
Former ascended being
Member # 226

Doh. You're right. Who was from the 27th century? Did they mention that one of the TCW factions was? Or was it Kal Dano and the Crystal of UberDoomyDoom?

--------------------
"Nu ani anqueatas"

Aban's Illustration

Siegfried
Fullmetal Pompatus
Member # 29

quote:
Originally posted by Aban Rune:
Which in my opinion was a mistake. They knew the series would never make it until the founding of the Federation, even if it went 7 years. The TCW should've been the focus of the series until the end.

Well, nothing ever said one season had to equal one year, but you are right in that they should have picked the storyline, developed it, and stuck with it. They did one of the three. In the first season, there were, what, three episodes devoted to the temporal cold war? "Broken Bow", "Cold Front", and "Shockwave", right? I can't think of how many in seasons two and three there were since I missed a lot of episodes there.

Personally, I think Star Trek: Enterprise should have been about the founding of the Federation. Granted, that opens a whole new can of worms. Romulan Wars before or after the founding? Another Trek devoted to a war? Could the writers pull of political power plays like Babylon 5 and Battlestar Galactica have? Plus, in going that route you already know the ending: the Federation will be founded.

--------------------

Krenim
Unholy Triangle Fella
Member # 22

quote:
Originally posted by Siegfried:
In the first season, there were, what, three episodes devoted to the temporal cold war? "Broken Bow", "Cold Front", and "Shockwave", right? I can't think of how many in seasons two and three there were since I missed a lot of episodes there.

Temporal Cold War Episodes

Season 1
"Broken Bow, Part I"
"Broken Bow, Part II"
"Cold Front"
"Shockwave, Part I"

Season 2
"Shockwave, Part II"
"Future Tense"
"The Expanse"

Season 3
"Carpenter Street"
"Azati Prime"
"Zero Hour"

Season 4
"Storm Front, Part I"
"Storm Front, Part II"

The sad thing is that (IMHO) all of the TCW episodes were at least of decent quality until the abomination that was the "Zero Hour" cliffhanger.

--------------------
"Kirito? I killed a thing and now it says I have XPs! Is that bad? Am I dying?"

-Asuna, Episode 2, Sword Art Online Abridged

This topic comprises 5 pages: 1  2  3  4  5   

Open Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps