Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums
Topic Closed  Topic Closed
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Community » Other Television Shows » Count Down to the closing of the Guard! (Page 1)

This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   
Author Topic: Count Down to the closing of the Guard!
Teh PW
Self Impossed Exile (This Space for rent)
Member # 1203

- posted      Profile for Teh PW         Edit/Delete Post 
how long until ENT's forum is locked for posterity?

and for that matter, for the forums created for the previous series (i know of only Voyager's existance, unsure if Flare was aaround long enough to have forum posts dedicated to the other shows) how long after the series ended before the forums was locked for that series of topics? exactly how do we access them?

...and was that last glorious post, Really bashing her Bun?

/me backs away from the potential train wreck...

[Big Grin]

--------------------
*shrug* Ready, shoot, aim.

Veers
You first
Member # 661

- posted      Profile for Veers         Edit/Delete Post 
The Voyager forum was not closed until May 2002, a year after the show ended.

--------------------
Meh

Lee
I'm a spy now. Spies are cool.
Member # 393

- posted      Profile for Lee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
And the topics, as were any that survived from DS9, were merged in to the General Trek forum, I believe.

--------------------
Never mind the Phlox - Here's the Phase Pistols

Siegfried
Fullmetal Pompatus
Member # 29

- posted      Profile for Siegfried     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
It's unlikely anything is going to happen to the Enterprise forum until the rest of the world catches up on the episodes. I'm not sure how far ahead on Enterprise the States were compared to everyone else; isn't the UK still in season three? Anyway, letting everyone else catch up was the point in not closing the Voyager or Deep Space Nine forums right away. Give everyone else the opportunity to comment in older threads or post new ones.

--------------------
The philosopher's stone. Those who possess it are no longer bound by the laws of equivalent exchange in alchemy. They gain without sacrifice and create without equal exchange. We searched for it, and we found it.

Sol System
two dollar pistol
Member # 30

- posted      Profile for Sol System     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I've proposed, I think, that we use the release date for the last Enterprise DVD set in most major markets as a guide. (In the U.S. that's somewhere in Novemeber.)

But yeah, the forum doesn't get locked so much as folded into General Trek.

The Ginger Beacon
Member # 1585

- posted      Profile for The Ginger Beacon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
UK ENT roundup:

Azati Prime and Damage (about 5 eps more to go in series 3 after that) were on today on channel 4 (terestrial). On Sky, Observer effect was the last one to play, I think.

--------------------
I have plenty of experience in biology. I bought a Tamagotchi in 1998... And... it's still alive.

PsyLiam
Hungry for you
Member # 73

- posted      Profile for PsyLiam     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Terrestrial = network, so give a lazy and not especially accurate translation. Sky = digital.

--------------------
Yes, you're despicable, and... and picable... and... and you're definitely, definitely despicable. How a person can get so despicable in one lifetime is beyond me. It isn't as though I haven't met a lot of people. Goodness knows it isn't that. It isn't just that... it isn't... it's... it's despicable.

Marauth
Member # 1320

- posted      Profile for Marauth     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Saying Sky = digital is somewhat akin to saying Micro$oft = computer, or Ford = car, it's a little bit misleading as Sky aren't exactly dominant either, though everyone else carries the standard Sky channels on their networks.

I don't see why we have to be so far behind the yanks with programing, and film, and music, and games, etc.

--------------------
Garbled, confusing and quite frankly duller than an inflight magazine produced by Air Belgium.

The Ginger Beacon
Member # 1585

- posted      Profile for The Ginger Beacon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Sorry, I was being a bit generic. My mum has Sky, so thats my benchmark. What I ment was on the Murdock money grabbing bastard channel Sky1, Observer effect was the last one to play, I think.

(being poor and studenty, I have to make do with 'free'view. Bloody government making us switch.)

--------------------
I have plenty of experience in biology. I bought a Tamagotchi in 1998... And... it's still alive.

TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

- posted      Profile for TSN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I don't see why we have to be so far behind the yanks with programing, and film, and music, and games, etc."

Well, I know you got "Battlestar Galactica" and the second half of the first season of "Stargate: Atlantis" before we did a few months back.

I don't know about music and games, but I'm pretty sure that, when film release dates differ between the US and UK, it's only by a couple of days, yes?

[ May 24, 2005, 03:02 PM: Message edited by: TSN ]

PsyLiam
Hungry for you
Member # 73

- posted      Profile for PsyLiam     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Usually. Although there are exceptions where we have to wait a couple of months. Because we're part of Europe and we get thrown in with them for the purposes of international distribution. So with Video Games they can't just give us the US version, they have to translate it and then give us the version that has French, Italian etc on.

It's to do with money allocation for advertising and, er, stuff. Of course, with the dollar being so piss poor at the moment you can quite happily import stuff and still have it cost less than if you bought it new over here.

quote:
Originally posted by Marauth:
Saying Sky = digital is somewhat akin to saying Micro$oft = computer

1/ "Micro$oft". You lose 5 billion points.

quote:
it's a little bit misleading as Sky aren't exactly dominant either.

No-one says "Have you got digital?" They say "Have you got Sky?" I gain 5 billion points.

End result:
Liam = 72 trillion points.
Marauth = loser.

Win for the champion!

--------------------
Yes, you're despicable, and... and picable... and... and you're definitely, definitely despicable. How a person can get so despicable in one lifetime is beyond me. It isn't as though I haven't met a lot of people. Goodness knows it isn't that. It isn't just that... it isn't... it's... it's despicable.

PsyLiam
Hungry for you
Member # 73

quote:
Originally posted by The Ginger Beacon:
(being poor and studenty, I have to make do with 'free'view. Bloody government making us switch.)

You haven't got to switch for another 5 years, have you? Besides, don't you want your TV programs to be a bit wider? Eh? Eh?

(I always had Sky when I was a student. Of course, I was ridiculously poor and kept having to borrow money, but damnit, I needed my late night repeats of Cheers.)

--------------------

The Ginger Beacon
Member # 1585

quote:
Originally posted by PsyLiam:
quote:
Originally posted by The Ginger Beacon:

You haven't got to switch for another 5 years, have you?
Thats not the point. Damn you evil Blair monkey minion.

--------------------

PsyLiam
Hungry for you
Member # 73

Presumably you'll have graduated by then, anyway. Stupid posh Howard-loving student-type.

--------------------

Cartman
just made by the Presbyterian Church
Member # 256

- posted      Profile for Cartman     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I'm pretty sure that when I graduate, erh, some number of years from now, the only digital TV transmissions here will be the ones from stupid British channels beaming across the stupid ocean mocking us with stupid British programs in stupid high-resolution stupidness.

BECAUSE CANADA WHERE I DO NOT LIVE IS BACKWARD.

This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   

Open Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps