Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums
Topic Closed  Topic Closed
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Community » Other Television Shows » Count Down to the closing of the Guard! (Page 2)

This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   
Author Topic: Count Down to the closing of the Guard!
Marauth
Member # 1320

- posted      Profile for Marauth     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I refer to digital rather than Sky and Liam anyone who 1. is a Blair monkey and 2. awards themselves points on the internet is no champion.

Cartman can't people in Canada just get American channels? I mean they are right next to each other, even if both countries are gigantic.

With a lot of DVD releases we don't get them for months after region 1, for example we only just got the third part of the Ghost in the Shell: Standalone Complex series and we don't get the fourth part till june; America has already had part 4 for several months I believe. And we don't even get different languages to justify us having to wait for being in Europe, just the original Japanese and the English dub, obviously there are many examples of us being close to the region 1 release but never on time with them.

--------------------
Garbled, confusing and quite frankly duller than an inflight magazine produced by Air Belgium.

PsyLiam
Hungry for you
Member # 73

- posted      Profile for PsyLiam     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by Marauth:
Cartman can't people in Canada just get American channels? I mean they are right next to each other, even if both countries are gigantic.

The same way you settle down every night to watch Irish channels?

That, combined with your use of Ghost in the Shell as an example of a standard UK/US DVD release means that you have now lost so many points that the game is well and truelly over for you, my friend.

(People who say "digital" instead of "Sky" are like people who correct others for saying "hoover" instead of "vacuum cleaner".)

--------------------
Yes, you're despicable, and... and picable... and... and you're definitely, definitely despicable. How a person can get so despicable in one lifetime is beyond me. It isn't as though I haven't met a lot of people. Goodness knows it isn't that. It isn't just that... it isn't... it's... it's despicable.

Marauth
Member # 1320

- posted      Profile for Marauth     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Not Irish, at least not that I'm aware of but we do get welsh tv through Sky digital for some reason, I'm sure we never asked for it. Plus in Sicily our digital TV, can't recall what company it is there, lets us pick up channels from pretty much the whole of Europe and the med, I think we even get Al Jazeera through that.

And again whats this fixation of yours with scoring points against someone you've never even met in a discussion over the 'net about regional differences in entertainment product releases?

--------------------
Garbled, confusing and quite frankly duller than an inflight magazine produced by Air Belgium.

Fabrux
Epic Member
Member # 71

- posted      Profile for Fabrux     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
In Canada we get some US channels on basic cable. With digital cable/satellite service, we get two versions of those channels, one for each coast. But Canada and the US have different specialty digital channels, I think. I know we don't get Sci-Fi, which is annoying.

--------------------
I haul cardboard and cardboard accessories

TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

- posted      Profile for TSN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
"And again whats this fixation of yours with scoring points against someone you've never even met in a discussion over the 'net about regional differences in entertainment product releases?"

What's with your fixation with not understanding the concept of sarcasm?

"Cartman can't people in Canada just get American channels? I mean they are right next to each other, even if both countries are gigantic."

Some can. But, then, as Cartman mentioned, he doesn't live in Canada.

Sol System
two dollar pistol
Member # 30

- posted      Profile for Sol System     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Researchers Pinpoint Brain's Sarcasm Sensor
PsyLiam
Hungry for you
Member # 73

- posted      Profile for PsyLiam     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by TSN:
"Cartman can't people in Canada just get American channels? I mean they are right next to each other, even if both countries are gigantic."

Some can. But, then, as Cartman mentioned, he doesn't live in Canada.

And, as I mentioned, you can't get Irish TV. So why do you expect that Canadians should be able to get US TV?
quote:
And again whats this fixation of yours with scoring points against someone you've never even met in a discussion over the 'net about regional differences in entertainment product releases?

Because it's what all the cool kids are doing.

And I voted Liberal Democrat.

--------------------
Yes, you're despicable, and... and picable... and... and you're definitely, definitely despicable. How a person can get so despicable in one lifetime is beyond me. It isn't as though I haven't met a lot of people. Goodness knows it isn't that. It isn't just that... it isn't... it's... it's despicable.

The Ginger Beacon
Member # 1585

- posted      Profile for The Ginger Beacon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
(Shhhh...It's supposed to be a secret ballot).

Anybody who lives in Kent upto East Anglia (strange uncharted bits of the UK, look them up, they're real) can get Dutch TV if they have a signal booster. Trouble is, its in Dutch (well, duh).

Funny thing is, because the French use SECAM rather than PAL, you can't pick up froggy TV.

--------------------
I have plenty of experience in biology. I bought a Tamagotchi in 1998... And... it's still alive.

Marauth
Member # 1320

Yep, according to the Israelis I'm brain-damaged. And so is anyone else like me who voted Lib-Dem.

I may have to look into a signal booster, living halfway as I do between these strange places you call 'Kent' and 'East Anglia' I wonder if we can get some dutch pron here...

--------------------

Wraith
Zen Riot Activist
Member # 779

- posted      Profile for Wraith     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
mmm... Dutch pron

quote:
Not Irish, at least not that I'm aware of but we do get welsh tv through Sky digital for some reason,

I realise it's slightly embarassing and we don't usually like to talk about it, but Wales is actually part of the UK, ie the country you (and I) live in. SO getting regional channels is not all that surprising.

Also, I'm sure that DVDs now have fewer European language options on them than they used to.

quote:
I always had Sky when I was a student
For some reason, my college won't allow people to have TVs. So I'm getting through a lot of DVDs.
TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

- posted      Profile for TSN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I assume you mean that you watch them on your computer? You should get a TV tuner card. And a set of rabbit-ears, unless you can somehow get cable or a satellite receiver in there without their noticing.

Say, speaking of that... Does the BBC make you pay a license fee for a TV tuner in your PC?

PsyLiam
Hungry for you
Member # 73

You require a TV licence if you have the equipment available to pick up TV signals and use it, so yeah, you would have to.

Waith: Your college won't let you have TVs? Wow. That's...wow. Why on earth not?

--------------------

Lee
I'm a spy now. Spies are cool.
Member # 393

- posted      Profile for Lee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
In theory my Freeview box arrives today. Mind you, it's coming via Parcelfuckers, so all bets are off.

--------------------
Never mind the Phlox - Here's the Phase Pistols

The Ginger Beacon
Member # 1585

- posted      Profile for The Ginger Beacon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
You won't get the box. Just a card that says nobody was in when they called, and a time on that card which coincides with when you and ten other people were outside the front of your house for some time before and after.

PS Anybody else suspect that E4 becoming available on freeview and what's the Big Bother (sic) starting on channel 4 not be a coincidence?

--------------------
I have plenty of experience in biology. I bought a Tamagotchi in 1998... And... it's still alive.

Lee
I'm a spy now. Spies are cool.
Member # 393

- posted      Profile for Lee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hardly.

No, they left it with the next-door neighbours, but didn't leave me a card to say they had. I've now got it wired in, and connected to the stereo too.

--------------------
Never mind the Phlox - Here's the Phase Pistols

This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   

Open Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps