Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums
Topic Closed  Topic Closed
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Community » Other Television Shows » Count Down to the closing of the Guard! (Page 3)

This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   
Author Topic: Count Down to the closing of the Guard!
DoughBoy05
Member # 1417

- posted      Profile for DoughBoy05     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I live in Canada and if I want to watch a show from ANY country, we here in Canada have a great resource available to us called the I-N-T-E-R-N-E-T. Its really quite revolutionary, I almost feel sorry for you all, not having access to this I-N-T-E-R-N-E-T must make your lives seem very pathetic. And thanks to our Canadian Government charging us a special hidden tax on any blank CD or DVD we buy its legal and hence guilt free to download whatever we want! [Smile]

--------------------
"Well, Sergeant? Aren't you going to say that it's bigger on the inside than it is on the outside? Everybody else does."

"It's pretty obvious, isn't it?"

The Doctor and Sgt. Benton, in "The Three Doctors"

TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

- posted      Profile for TSN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
You know, not everyone accesses the I-N-T-E-R-N-E-T by means of a B-R-O-A-D-B-A-N-D C-O-N-N-E-C-T-I-O-N, so they may not be able to D-O-W-N-L-O-A-D a huge F-I-L-E like a T-V S-H-O-W with any S-O-R-T of R-E-A-S-O-N-A-B-L-E S-P-E-E-D.
Sol System
two dollar pistol
Member # 30

- posted      Profile for Sol System     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I'd like to solve the puzzle.
Teh PW
Self Impossed Exile (This Space for rent)
Member # 1203

- posted      Profile for Teh PW         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by Sol System:
I'd like to solve the puzzle.

Alex? can i have a U?

--------------------
*shrug* Ready, shoot, aim.

MinutiaeMan
Living the Geeky Dream
Member # 444

- posted      Profile for MinutiaeMan     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
You lose 50,000 points for mixing up "Jeopardy" and "Wheel of Fortune". And you didn't phrase the response in the form of a question.
TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

- posted      Profile for TSN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Um... Yes he did, though.
MinutiaeMan
Living the Geeky Dream
Member # 444

- posted      Profile for MinutiaeMan     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
No no, you're supposed to phrase it like "What is..." or "Who is..." and so forth. [Razz]

--------------------
“Those people who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do.” — Isaac Asimov
Star Trek Minutiae | Memory Alpha

TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

The rule is just that it has to be a question. Every once in a while, they'll have one where the correct response is, itself, a question, so those additions are unnecessary.
Wraith
Zen Riot Activist
Member # 779

- posted      Profile for Wraith     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by PsyLiam:
Waith: Your college won't let you have TVs? Wow. That's...wow. Why on earth not?

Not totally sure. I think it's partly due to the difficulty of making sure everyone in college accomodation has a liscence. And partly to make sure we work more (it doesn't) and aren't distracted. My college (Christ's, Cambridge) is traditionally one of the more academic. It's all a bit silly really, but there we go. At least the bar doesn't close at 8 any more.
Siegfried
Fullmetal Pompatus
Member # 29

- posted      Profile for Siegfried     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
How old are the residence halls that you're living in? It could also be a simple matter of the wiring in the building not being able to handle the load.

The first dorm I lived in at school was built in 1950, and the maintenance men would freely tell you that the building should be gutted and rebuilt. The wiring in it was designed to handle radios, lamps, clocks, and that sort of small 1950s appliance. Tripped circuit breakers were common now that the wiring had to support mini-fridges, microwaves, computers, televisions, and the like. In my room, we had to shut off everything and unplug the fridge in order to use the microwave (and even that couldn't be used for longer than 5 minutes) without tripping the breaker.

--------------------
The philosopher's stone. Those who possess it are no longer bound by the laws of equivalent exchange in alchemy. They gain without sacrifice and create without equal exchange. We searched for it, and we found it.

The Ginger Beacon
Member # 1585

- posted      Profile for The Ginger Beacon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Christ's College has been in the same place since the mid 1400's I think. It might be more to do with the buildings being listed rather than unable to take to load. Or those Cambridge masters might just be fun squashing bastards.

--------------------
I have plenty of experience in biology. I bought a Tamagotchi in 1998... And... it's still alive.

Wraith
Zen Riot Activist
Member # 779

- posted      Profile for Wraith     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Chrit's is 500 years old this year, and does indeed have some lovely old buildings from that period. Unfortunately, I live in a giant concrete typewriter from the 1960s.
The Ginger Beacon
Member # 1585

- posted      Profile for The Ginger Beacon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Bad luck. Whats the deal then? Are they just old fashioned enough to think that people go to univeristy to lock themselves in their room with their books for 3+ years?

--------------------
I have plenty of experience in biology. I bought a Tamagotchi in 1998... And... it's still alive.

PsyLiam
Hungry for you
Member # 73

- posted      Profile for PsyLiam     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I suppose they're assuming that you should move out after the first year, like real university students.

--------------------
Yes, you're despicable, and... and picable... and... and you're definitely, definitely despicable. How a person can get so despicable in one lifetime is beyond me. It isn't as though I haven't met a lot of people. Goodness knows it isn't that. It isn't just that... it isn't... it's... it's despicable.

Wraith
Zen Riot Activist
Member # 779

Well, there is a tv room. With one tv. It's not like watching tv is the only thing to do anyway; there's the whole social life thing...
  This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   

Open Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps