Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums
Topic Closed  Topic Closed
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Community » Other Television Shows » $$$These Are The Voyages$$$ Ruminations

Author Topic: $$$These Are The Voyages$$$ Ruminations
tricky
Member # 1402

- posted      Profile for tricky         Edit/Delete Post 
Hi, Being british and moving house last week, I only saw this last night.
Urg.
Here's a thought (possible weak expinlation for a weak scene in a weak plot): Avoiding questions like "where was the rest of the crew?", did Trip fully realise his exploding conduit trick was going to kill him? If he though it would just knock everyone out, and that Phlox would fix any burns, would that make sence for his actions?
Or am I hoping in vain to make more of this episode?

--------------------
Over the centuries, mankind has tried many ways of combating the forces of evil...prayer, fasting, good works and so on. Up until Doom, no one seemed to have thought about the double-barrel shotgun. Eat leaden death, demon...

-- (Terry Pratchett, alt.fan.pratchett)

Aban Rune
Former ascended being
Member # 226

- posted      Profile for Aban Rune     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
You're hoping in vain. The episode sucked.

--------------------
"Nu ani anqueatas"

Aban's Illustration
The Official Website of Shannon McRandle

Teh PW
Self Impossed Exile (This Space for rent)
Member # 1203

- posted      Profile for Teh PW         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by Aban Rune:
You're hoping in vain. The episode sucked.

we've aggonized this over and over, THOSE FOLKS/FUCKS got a good laughing fucking the fans!

please don't open new wounds. i Just managed to forget about ENT...

Aban Rune
Former ascended being
Member # 226

- posted      Profile for Aban Rune     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Yah, if yo're looking to roll in the vomit, check out the 6-page thread a few below this one.

--------------------
"Nu ani anqueatas"

Aban's Illustration

tricky
Member # 1402

- posted      Profile for tricky         Edit/Delete Post 
I know, Hope is futile.
Perhaps it was adlibbing by the actors: "Please hit me in the face with the gun, it can't hurt more than these lines",
"I can't take this script anymore, I'll plug two parts of the set togeather and tell the producers what I think of them..."

--------------------
Over the centuries, mankind has tried many ways of combating the forces of evil...prayer, fasting, good works and so on. Up until Doom, no one seemed to have thought about the double-barrel shotgun. Eat leaden death, demon...

-- (Terry Pratchett, alt.fan.pratchett)

wingsabre
Member # 1682

- posted      Profile for wingsabre     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
dont forget they didnt just screw with the fans but they treated the actors horribly. I feel sorry for them. None of the actors were treated properly.

They should have just done an episode rather than a finale.

Siegfried
Fullmetal Pompatus
Member # 29

- posted      Profile for Siegfried     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by tricky:
...did Trip fully realise his exploding conduit trick was going to kill him?

I think Trip knew that he was done for with that little trick. His last words to the bad guy leader were, "There's just one other thing I need to tell you: you can all go straight to hell." To me, this sounds like he was planning on an explosion that'd kill them all. Plus, he was holding the thing that exploded. Now, after realizing he was still alive and in Phlox's hands, he may have thought that there was hope for him living, but I think he was expecting to die in the blast with the bad guys.

--------------------
The philosopher's stone. Those who possess it are no longer bound by the laws of equivalent exchange in alchemy. They gain without sacrifice and create without equal exchange. We searched for it, and we found it.

Aban Rune
Former ascended being
Member # 226

Maybe he just prefered death or major injury to seeing the rest of the episode and gave it very little thought past that.

--------------------
"Nu ani anqueatas"

Aban's Illustration

Open Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps