Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums
Topic Closed  Topic Closed
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Community » Other Television Shows » Intrepid Patch (Page 1)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: Intrepid Patch
mada101
Member # 1285

- posted      Profile for mada101     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Howdy again. Saying as you guys helped me out last time, I was wondering if anyone had a clear shot of the Intrepid patch worn by Captain Ramirez on 'The Expanse'? I know it's somewhat circular, and I've heard people say that it's just the Starfleet Command patch again, but to me, it looks different. Thanks.

--------------------
'Whether you think you can, or whether you think you can't, you are probably right.'
- Henry Ford

Dukhat
Hater of Stock Footage
Member # 341

- posted      Profile for Dukhat     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
There was a different patch in that episode?
mada101
Member # 1285

- posted      Profile for mada101     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I believe so, but that's what I'm trying to find out. You only get a brief glipmse of it, and it could simply be a re-use of the NX-01 patch badly hidden. However, I don't have the DVD so I can't get a good look. All I'm going by is memory and pictures on the internet, which aren't very clear.

From Memory Alpha:

-

--------------------
'Whether you think you can, or whether you think you can't, you are probably right.'
- Henry Ford

MinutiaeMan
Living the Geeky Dream
Member # 444

- posted      Profile for MinutiaeMan     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
From that view, it's almost certainly not the NX-01 patch...

--------------------
“Those people who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do.” — Isaac Asimov
Star Trek Minutiae | Memory Alpha

mada101
Member # 1285

And it doesn't look like the Starfleet Command one, either, as some people keep telling me.

--------------------
- Henry Ford

Aban Rune
Former ascended being
Member # 226

- posted      Profile for Aban Rune     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
It might be a random NASA patch. They've used those before, right?

--------------------
"Nu ani anqueatas"

Aban's Illustration
The Official Website of Shannon McRandle

mada101
Member # 1285

Yeah, they used the Mission Control Center patch for the uniform of Malcolm's friend on 'Silent Enemy'. Thy may have again, but it doesn't look like any NASA patch I've ever seen.

Oh well, thus ends my compulsive hunt for every last Enterprise assignment patch. I don't think there are any clearer shots out there than the one from Memory Alpha.

--------------------
- Henry Ford

mada101
Member # 1285

Briefly resurrecting this thread from the murky depths of geeky obscurity, it appears that the Intrepid patch has finally been revealed. I can't find a picture of it right now, but here is a link to a drawn version by somebody (and previously linked to on the TrekBBS):

Starship Intrepid

It's based on the real-life US Navy USS Intrepid assignment patch. Quite neat.

--------------------
- Henry Ford

HopefulNebula
Member # 1933

- posted      Profile for HopefulNebula     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
*ponders getting herself frozen for 150 yearss just to join Starfleet, get assigned to the Intrepid, and wear that patch*

--------------------
"Don't fight forces; use them."
--R. Buckminster Fuller

http://hopefulnebula.dreamwidth.org/

Shik
Starship database: completed; History of Starfleet: done; website: probably never
Member # 343

- posted      Profile for Shik     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
So it is.

Apparently Ticonderoga had a similar design.

--------------------
"The French have a saying: 'mise en place'—keep everything in its fucking place!"

B.J.
Space Cadet
Member # 858

- posted      Profile for B.J.     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
If it's finally been revealed, why have I had that picture on my computer for many months?
Dukhat
Hater of Stock Footage
Member # 341

- posted      Profile for Dukhat     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
True...I'd seen that picture weeks ago, but since it didn't have any registry/class information, I didn't bother writing about it.
Mark Nguyen
I'm a daddy now!
Member # 469

- posted      Profile for Mark Nguyen     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Coelo?

What's that translate to? "In female horse, in sex"? What the hell were they INTO on those long, warp two trips to nowhere?

Mark

--------------------
"This is my timey-wimey detector. Goes ding when there's stuff." - Doctor Who
The 404s - Improv Comedy | Mark's Starship Bridge Designs | Anime Alberta

Mars Needs Women
Sexy Funmobile
Member # 1505

- posted      Profile for Mars Needs Women     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Upon sea, to dye I used a free translation website, so "dye" might mean "die".
B.J.
Space Cadet
Member # 858

- posted      Profile for B.J.     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
?!?
Looking up some Latin phrases, "coelo" usually translates to "heaven", so this probably approximately translates to "Upon the sea, in the heavens" or "Upon the sea, to the heavens". Makes sense, anyway. I can't seem to find the official translation of Intrepid's phrase.

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Open Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps