Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums
Topic Closed  Topic Closed
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Community » Other Television Shows » Terraforming Mars.... (Page 2)

This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   
Author Topic: Terraforming Mars....
Lee
I'm a spy now. Spies are cool.
Member # 393

- posted      Profile for Lee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
"Eh? What's that? Speak up! How can you youngsters hear yourselves think over that racket you call music!"

I'll leave him alone for now. I wouldn't want to stifle his development, especially when he's learned to use actual paragraphs in this very thread! *chokes up* Our baby's all grown up. . . 8)

--------------------
Never mind the Phlox - Here's the Phase Pistols

PsyLiam
Hungry for you
Member # 73

- posted      Profile for PsyLiam     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by Ritten:
Sol, I read that paragraph and thought 'sarcasm', then read the warning. Yep.

Thanks for clearing that up. We can rest easy now.

--------------------
Yes, you're despicable, and... and picable... and... and you're definitely, definitely despicable. How a person can get so despicable in one lifetime is beyond me. It isn't as though I haven't met a lot of people. Goodness knows it isn't that. It isn't just that... it isn't... it's... it's despicable.

Da_bang80
A few sectors short of an Empire
Member # 528

- posted      Profile for Da_bang80     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by Lee:

I'll leave him alone for now. I wouldn't want to stifle his development, especially when he's learned to use actual paragraphs in this very thread! *chokes up* Our baby's all grown up. . . 8)

Ya, soon he'll be jetting off to college, fulfilling his dream of being the first male to dress up as an Andorian pleasure slave at the star trek convention. Kids grow up so fast don't they? [Razz]

--------------------
Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change.
The courage to change the things I cannot accept.
And the wisdom to hide the bodies of all the people I had to kill today because they pissed me off.

Remember when your parents told you it's dangerous to play in traffic?

TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

- posted      Profile for TSN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I read Red Mars, and I don't recall any Martian incest. In fact, I don't recall any Martians (except in the sense of "residents of Mars"; but they were human). But, yeah, there was a space elevator.

Of course, since I didn't think Red Mars was very good, I didn't read the other two. So I couldn't say if you're thinking of one of those.

I always assumed Kim Stanley Robinson was a woman. People really should be more careful about naming their children.

AndrewR
Resident Nut-cache
Member # 44

- posted      Profile for AndrewR     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
GENERALLY - and I do say generally Kim = a guy, Kym = a girl.

--------------------
"Bears. Beets. Battlestar Galactica." - Jim Halpert. (The Office)

I'm LIZZING! - Liz Lemon (30 Rock)

Lee
Member # 393

- posted      Profile for Lee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Kim Bauer. Kim Griest. Kim Wilde? Or is it Kym Wilde?

--------------------

Sol System
two dollar pistol
Member # 30

- posted      Profile for Sol System     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Forget Kim, it's the poor woman whose middle name is Stanley that I'd worry about.
Timo
Member # 245

- posted      Profile for Timo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
It brings balance to a world of men with Maria as their second name.

And it's Kym Wilde. Twenty lashes for not knowing.

Timo Saloniemi

PsyLiam
Hungry for you
Member # 73

- posted      Profile for PsyLiam     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
My brother's middle name is Kerry. And yes, I know that can be a boy's name as well. Except that it plainly isn't.

--------------------
Yes, you're despicable, and... and picable... and... and you're definitely, definitely despicable. How a person can get so despicable in one lifetime is beyond me. It isn't as though I haven't met a lot of people. Goodness knows it isn't that. It isn't just that... it isn't... it's... it's despicable.

Lee
Member # 393

Er. . . Isn't his first name Keith? And isn't your surname Kavanagh? Because that would mean. . .

--------------------

PsyLiam
Hungry for you
Member # 73

No, his first name is Sean. I've got a younger brother called Kieran, but he's middle-name-less.

Also, Keith?

--------------------

Da_bang80
A few sectors short of an Empire
Member # 528

- posted      Profile for Da_bang80     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I think Red Mars was the title of the book. I got halfway through the second one (blue mars?) before I got bored with them. And do seem to remember martian (they were called martian because they were born on mars) incest being in there somewhere, one of the characters liked to make whoopie with her brother or something like that. I didn't think it was a very good book either.

--------------------
Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change.
The courage to change the things I cannot accept.
And the wisdom to hide the bodies of all the people I had to kill today because they pissed me off.

Remember when your parents told you it's dangerous to play in traffic?

B.J.
Space Cadet
Member # 858

- posted      Profile for B.J.     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I known plenty of people named Kim, all girls except for one guy, and NONE of them spelled it Kym. I've never seen that spelling before at all.

B.J.

Lee
Member # 393

If it's incest, then it's probably a Heinlein book you're thinking of. Dude had issues.

--------------------

Fabrux
Epic Member
Member # 71

- posted      Profile for Fabrux     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I know 4 Kim's. Three of them are Kimberley, the other is just Kim. Two of them are male. So, I'm not sure what's up with that. I also knew a guy named Allison once..

--------------------
I haul cardboard and cardboard accessories

This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   

Open Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps