Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums
Topic Closed  Topic Closed
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Community » Other Television Shows » Do we really need an Enterprise forum anymore? (Page 2)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: Do we really need an Enterprise forum anymore?
Mars Needs Women
Sexy Funmobile
Member # 1505

- posted      Profile for Mars Needs Women     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Nice idea. I think it would be nice to have a forum where we could talk about other media, like the video games. Especially those Ship-based Trek games like Bridge Commander, the Armada Series and Starfleet Command Series. Lately modders have gotten into the habit of creating highly detailed models of canon Trek Ships, yet they are somewhat hampered in finding good reference pics of ship exteriors/interiors, schematics, or specifications.
It would be great if they could come here since ships are our speciality.

Also that BLADE chick is pretty but I have more of a thing for red-heads. Real red-heads, not fakers.

FawnDoo
Member # 1421

- posted      Profile for FawnDoo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I quite like the idea of there being a Trek forum that deals with other media...I was a big fan of the Trek books for years (not so much lately, though) and there doesn't tend to be that much discussion involving them as they're regarded as non-canon, so I'd be up for that.

--------------------
Quidquid latine dictum sit altum viditur

Ritten
A Terrible & Sick leek
Member # 417

- posted      Profile for Ritten     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
The books usually ruin the 'fun' of trying to figure out what the numbers are on that hull in the motion blurred screen cap.

A 'book canon' section would at least feed the Trek need though.

--------------------
"You are a terrible human, Ritten." Magnus
"Urgh, you are a sick sick person..." Austin Powers
A leek too, pretty much a negi.....

Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

- posted      Profile for Jason Abbadon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by WizArtist II:
huh....I figured you for more of a Candice Michelle 'ophile.

Nice- she is indeed hot.
Generally though, I dig the "brainy" hot look.
Also, I have a thing for women with short hair and/or black hair.

Maybe a forum dedicated to beautiful women...mmmmm
Women are good.

But keeping with the Trek theme, I dig the "book canon" notion, though if you try to read the TNG novels, you'll slowly go insane from "Picard saves the universe after some personal crisis/torture" each time.

--------------------
Justice inclines her scales so that wisdom comes at the price of suffering.
-Aeschylus, Agamemnon

AndrewR
Resident Nut-cache
Member # 44

- posted      Profile for AndrewR     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Wouldn't non-offical Star Trek just go in "General Star Trek"?

--------------------
"Bears. Beets. Battlestar Galactica." - Jim Halpert. (The Office)

I'm LIZZING! - Liz Lemon (30 Rock)

Lee
I'm a spy now. Spies are cool.
Member # 393

- posted      Profile for Lee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
You'd think so. But since we've all noticed how General Trek is straining under the weight of all this discussion of written/non-canon Trek, obviously we need another Forum.

--------------------
Never mind the Phlox - Here's the Phase Pistols

WizArtist II
"How can you have a yellow alert in Spacedock? "
Member # 1425

- posted      Profile for WizArtist II     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by Lee:
You'd think so. But since we've all noticed how General Trek is straining under the weight of all this discussion of written/non-canon Trek, obviously we need another Forum.

"Cap'n I kinna hol' her...she's gonna blow!"

--------------------
There are 10 types of people in the world...those that understand Binary and those that don't.

Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

- posted      Profile for Jason Abbadon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
..and many of the non-canon books do indeed....blow.

--------------------
-Aeschylus, Agamemnon

The Mighty Monkey of Mim
SUPPOSED TO HAVE ICE POWERS!!
Member # 646

- posted      Profile for The Mighty Monkey of Mim     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
*snicker*
Lee
I'm a spy now. Spies are cool.
Member # 393

- posted      Profile for Lee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Heh heh, Jason said "blow. . ."

--------------------
Never mind the Phlox - Here's the Phase Pistols

Shik
Starship database: completed; History of Starfleet: done; website: probably never
Member # 343

- posted      Profile for Shik     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
They're coke-addled?

--------------------
"The French have a saying: 'mise en place'—keep everything in its fucking place!"

Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

Well, taht would explain some of Vornholt's stories wherein Picard seems to hail from Krypton.

--------------------
-Aeschylus, Agamemnon

Mikey T
Driven
Member # 144

- posted      Profile for Mikey T     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I thought Picard just had uncanny abilities like mind-reading.

--------------------
"It speaks to some basic human needs: that there is a tomorrow, it's not all going to be over with a big splash and a bomb, that the human race is improving, that we have things to be proud of as humans."
-Gene Roddenberry about Star Trek

AndrewR
Resident Nut-cache
Member # 44

- posted      Profile for AndrewR     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I haven't read many Trek books - but I did like that Q book with Q and Trelane. I also liked the first Trek book I ever bought - DS9's first novel apart from the novelisation of the pilot: "The Seige" by Peter David.

--------------------
"Bears. Beets. Battlestar Galactica." - Jim Halpert. (The Office)

I'm LIZZING! - Liz Lemon (30 Rock)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Open Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps