Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums
Topic Closed  Topic Closed
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Community » Other Television Shows » Enterprise on SciFi (Page 1)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: Enterprise on SciFi
Krenim
Unholy Triangle Fella
Member # 22

- posted      Profile for Krenim     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
So sayeth their website.
Dukhat
Hater of Stock Footage
Member # 341

- posted      Profile for Dukhat     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
So did Paramount give up their rights to the show? Can Sci-fi produce a Season Five for ENT now if they wanted to?
Mark Nguyen
I'm a daddy now!
Member # 469

- posted      Profile for Mark Nguyen     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I'm confused. Hasn't Enterprise been in daily repeats all over the country for a coule years now? What's the big deal about Skiffy getting it?

Mark

--------------------
"This is my timey-wimey detector. Goes ding when there's stuff." - Doctor Who
The 404s - Improv Comedy | Mark's Starship Bridge Designs | Anime Alberta

TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

- posted      Profile for TSN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
"So did Paramount give up their rights to the show? Can Sci-fi produce a Season Five for ENT now if they wanted to?"

Well, it says SciFi got the rights. It doesn't say whether those are production rights, or just the airing rights. I'm guessing the latter.

Also, even if they wanted to make another season, I expect many of the cast have already found other things to do.

Mars Needs Women
Sexy Funmobile
Member # 1505

- posted      Profile for Mars Needs Women     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by Dukhat:
So did Paramount give up their rights to the show? Can Sci-fi produce a Season Five for ENT now if they wanted to?

Considering how they rerun cancelled shows like Firefly and Dark Angel yet don't produce new seasons for them, I'm guessing no.
MinutiaeMan
Living the Geeky Dream
Member # 444

- posted      Profile for MinutiaeMan     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Because God forbid anyone else make money on a show that the original studio doesn't feel like producing! [Roll Eyes]

(I know, I know, old news... I'm just bitter about Crusade, Farscape, Firefly...)

--------------------
“Those people who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do.” — Isaac Asimov
Star Trek Minutiae | Memory Alpha

Ritten
A Terrible & Sick leek
Member # 417

- posted      Profile for Ritten     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
No, why try for production rights when you can put AWESOME new programming like ECW on.

--------------------
"You are a terrible human, Ritten." Magnus
"Urgh, you are a sick sick person..." Austin Powers
A leek too, pretty much a negi.....

Sol System
two dollar pistol
Member # 30

- posted      Profile for Sol System     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I'm kind of unsure about where a notion of new episodes would even come from. Networks buy rebroadcast rights all the time.

(One should note that this was apparently a CBS Corporation (once Viacom, once Westinghouse) package deal, as all the shows appear to be owned by that entity.)

Mars Needs Women
Sexy Funmobile
Member # 1505

- posted      Profile for Mars Needs Women     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by Ritten:
No, why try for production rights when you can put AWESOME new programming like ECW on.

Yeah what's that doing on Sci-Fi? Did they run out money to make more crappy made-for-tv movies?
Ritten
A Terrible & Sick leek
Member # 417

- posted      Profile for Ritten     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I am thinking that they want to cash in, on every possible channel, on the billions of dollars that those moronic people payout every year to watch actors 'beat' each other bloody.

--------------------

Mars Needs Women
Sexy Funmobile
Member # 1505

Yeah I know, but on Sci-Fi?
Ritten
A Terrible & Sick leek
Member # 417

Hey, I find it to be a dispicable thing that NBC Universal has done, if there were any way for a peon like me to ruin a corpoation like that I would.

--------------------

wingsabre
Member # 1682

- posted      Profile for wingsabre     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Who, knows. Some of the actors and actress are already committed to other roles, but they might sign on for part time. I'm sure if they actually re-pick the series up, they'll bring back Cotto, and give Bakula the title of producer and other cast members the right to direct a few episodes inorder to bring them back. It might also be shortened from a 22 episode season to a 13-15 episode season.

If sci-fi wants to continue the series they can try, but I doubt that they will.

Sol System
two dollar pistol
Member # 30

- posted      Profile for Sol System     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
What? They're not making new episodes.
Alshrim Dax
Member # 258

- posted      Profile for Alshrim Dax     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Ya.. I don't think they'll make anymore - but it would be cool if they did..
  This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Open Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps