Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums
Topic Closed  Topic Closed
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Community » Other Television Shows » The End of AN Era, the beginning of new things :Pedotrek! (Page 2)

This topic comprises 6 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6   
Author Topic: The End of AN Era, the beginning of new things :Pedotrek!
Dukhat
Hater of Stock Footage
Member # 341

- posted      Profile for Dukhat     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I had much larger screencaps on my computer somewhere when the episode first came out, and they show Steamrunners. Take my word for it [Smile]

--------------------
"A film made in 2008 isn't going to look like a TV series from 1966 if it wants to make any money. As long as the characters act the same way, and the spirit of the story remains the same then it's "real" Star Trek. Everything else is window dressing." -StCoop

Daniel Butler
I'm a Singapore where is my boat
Member # 1689

- posted      Profile for Daniel Butler     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
The one above and to the left of Earth looks unmistakably like a Steamrunner to me, and that's the first time I saw the image. *shrug*
Mars Needs Women
Sexy Funmobile
Member # 1505

- posted      Profile for Mars Needs Women     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Those bastards...
Teh PW
Self Impossed Exile (This Space for rent)
Member # 1203

- posted      Profile for Teh PW         Edit/Delete Post 
/me blinks...

so if Ent was entirely like a dream, does that mean when my brother described season 3 of Ent to be like Star Blazers... was he wrong?

/me blinks

--------------------
*shrug* Ready, shoot, aim.

Dukhat
Hater of Stock Footage
Member # 341

- posted      Profile for Dukhat     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Yes. Totally and irrefutably wrong.

--------------------
"A film made in 2008 isn't going to look like a TV series from 1966 if it wants to make any money. As long as the characters act the same way, and the spirit of the story remains the same then it's "real" Star Trek. Everything else is window dressing." -StCoop

HerbShrump
Member # 1230

- posted      Profile for HerbShrump     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Riker's also a fan of Star Blazers?
Nim
The Aardvark asked for a dagger
Member # 205

- posted      Profile for Nim     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Dukhat:
quote:
http://ent.trekcore.com/gallery/albums/4x02/front_storm_pt2_446.jpg
The nacelle ends of the NX-01 look like they where made in Lightwave 1.0.

Steamrunner here, ffs.
 -

Teh PW
Member # 1203

OMG, Frn'echNim! You plot spoiler! I would have NEVER suspected the Colverfield Moanster was a left hand, let alone Red colored...

[Smile] Could the two Steamrunners possibly be an 'easter egg' you know...?

/me huggles Nim for pic

[ January 24, 2008, 08:52 AM: Message edited by: Pensive's Wetness ]

--------------------

Mars Needs Women
Sexy Funmobile
Member # 1505

- posted      Profile for Mars Needs Women     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Yeah about that Cloverfield, I really don't want see it, but I loved to know what that monster looks like. From the commercials it seems that New York is attack by a giant stick of broccoli.
Teh PW
Member # 1203

quote:
Originally posted by Mars Needs Women:
Yeah about that Cloverfield, I really don't want see it, but I loved to know what that monster looks like. From the commercials it seems that New York is attack by a giant stick of broccoli.

You were thinking about 'The Cunt that ate NY*', a classic in certain parts of america (usually the same places Pee Wee Hermin frenquented before the birth of Online Peguin Pr0n)...

*I just happened to remember a very old pic from Hustler, a pr0n joke add for a movie...

--------------------

Teh PW
Member # 1203

NNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNOoooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooOOO *Pause* OOOOOOOOOOOOOOoooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!11111121111121!!!!!!!22111!!!

/me does a '180 and renames this forum thread:

MONSTER MUFF! Questions to a Cloverfield Monster...

1st Question. Is the Cloverfield Monster terrestial? You see something fall into the Atlantic Ocean behind the pair of lovers in the video tape and according to the latest edit of Wiki, the 'Satalite' is what provokes that attack of a monster that was already here in the ocean.

So i ask this: For something that lumbers on it's 4 functional limbs like a spider almost, but possesses 2 more center line vegial limbs, is it really a earth born beastie, and not a exterestial beastie, ala Space Godzilla?

/me skids the Topic back into Oncoming traffic and asked again.

Long Live ENT. Hail Star Trek XI forum!

i mean, that's a really good title for the new thread, ja?

[Big Grin]

Mars Needs Women
Sexy Funmobile
Member # 1505

Yeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeesssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss

Perhaps the creature is a government experiment gone wrong. Like placing a salamander in Type 2 shuttle that can travel at warp ten.

NX-01 is dead, long live the NX-01!

Daniel Butler
I'm a Singapore where is my boat
Member # 1689

- posted      Profile for Daniel Butler     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
The wiki says that Abrams has said the thing was asleep for thousands of years in the Mid-Atlantic Rift or something (it said "rift," there's only one in the Atlantic that I know of...and I don't think something would stay in the same place there over thousands of years) and was awakened by a satellite that fell on it.

Which is fucking ridiculous. If it didn't burn up in the atmosphere or serialize on impact with the ocean, it certainly wouldn't have enough velocity at the bottom of the ocean to wake anything that big up, that slept for that long.

And it must be ET. Otherwise there'd be fossils of it.

Man, Cloverfield sucked. Said he wanted to avoid appearing like Godzilla, make an American monster - but he has a giant monster attack NYC, that's freaking Godzilla in principle!; supposed to be a frightened newborn and not just a random killer - yet the effects guys are quoted as saying it was a random killer with no personality, like an entity, and they never tell the audience it's a frightened newborn; and nothing is that freaking tough. I don't care if it has diamond-titanium skin. After all those soldiers with assault rifles, tanks, fighter jets, and *B-2's dropping MOABs,* it would be *toast.*

The Ginger Beacon
Member # 1585

- posted      Profile for The Ginger Beacon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Maybe they just read some L Ron Hubble stool water, and like the underwater scary monster thing waiting for thousands of years to destroy stuff.

Bad luck for them Godzilla did the monster attacks NYC thing, and that Battlefield Earth (my fingers burn at typing the name) sucked. Big suck. Suck level = love child of a Thai whore and Megamaid.

--------------------
I have plenty of experience in biology. I bought a Tamagotchi in 1998... And... it's still alive.

Shik
Starship database: completed; History of Starfleet: done; website: probably never
Member # 343

- posted      Profile for Shik     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by Daniel Butler:
The wiki says that Abrams has said the thing was asleep for thousands of years in the Mid-Atlantic Rift or something (it said "rift," there's only one in the Atlantic that I know of...and nothing is that freaking tough. I don't care if it has diamond-titanium skin. After all those soldiers with assault rifles, tanks, fighter jets, and *B-2's dropping MOABs,* it would be *toast.*

Dude, let me explain something to you. At a depth of 2 & a half miles, the equivalent water pressure is 5880 pounds per square inch; for a visual example, imagine two Volvos sitting on just your big toe. At 10,000 feet down, a Styrofoam coffee cup gets compressed to the size of a thimble. Now, there are many organisms that reside at those depths, & the larger they are, the squishier they are usually--the 40-foot giant squid, for example. Now, for something with the rigidity of the Cloverfield monster to survive intact at those depths, at those pressures, & not be compressed it would have to have an outer casing with at LEAST the same properties as the Mir submersibles' 5-cm-thick nickel/steel pressure sphere...& that's 1987 technology.

--------------------
"The French have a saying: 'mise en place'—keep everything in its fucking place!"

This topic comprises 6 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6   

Open Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2008 Solareclipse Network.