Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums
Topic Closed  Topic Closed
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Community » Other Television Shows » What could have been season 5 (Page 1)

This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4   
Author Topic: What could have been season 5
Sean
First Tenor
Member # 2010

- posted      Profile for Sean     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I don't know if anyone has seen this, but I found it interesting.

http://memory-alpha.org/en/wiki/Star_Trek:_Enterprise#The_Would-Be_Season_5

--------------------
"Kosh, I'd like to introduce you to our Resident schmuck and his side kick Kick Me."-Ritten

"Fighting for peace is like screwing for virginity".
-George Carlin

shikaru808
T-t-t-t-today, JUNIOR!
Member # 2080

- posted      Profile for shikaru808     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Neat. I especially would have liked to see Shran as a crewmember and a Guinan cameo.

--------------------
"Its coming on. I just saw the wall move..."

Fabrux
Epic Member
Member # 71

- posted      Profile for Fabrux     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
T'Pol's Romulan heritage would have made for an interesting storyline.

--------------------
I haul cardboard and cardboard accessories

Reverend
Based on a true story...
Member # 335

- posted      Profile for Reverend     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Except that it would have violated the idea that nobody knew what Romulans looked like until the 23rd century...unless she kept the whole thing to herself for at least a century.

--------------------
Dark Knight Adventures & Batman Beyond:Stripped - DeviantArt Gallery
================================
...what we demand is a total absence of solid facts!

Sean
First Tenor
Member # 2010

- posted      Profile for Sean     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
The borg queen idea might have been interesting. Maybe for a two hour special. As long as we didn't see, or hear much from the borg after that. Seeing a starbase being built, and becomming Enterprise's "base" ( as long as she wasn't a permanent attachment like the Defiant)would be cool too.

--------------------
"Kosh, I'd like to introduce you to our Resident schmuck and his side kick Kick Me."-Ritten

-George Carlin

MinutiaeMan
Living the Geeky Dream
Member # 444

- posted      Profile for MinutiaeMan     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I dunno... Inside the Enterprise storyline, I could easily see a cover-up taking place to try to prevent the fledgling Federation from being broken up over pointless suspicions.

--------------------
“Those people who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do.” — Isaac Asimov
Star Trek Minutiae | Memory Alpha

WizArtist II
"How can you have a yellow alert in Spacedock? "
Member # 1425

- posted      Profile for WizArtist II     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I really didn't like the introduction of the Borg on Earth during the Enterprise time period. It just did not make sense. It would only further stretch credibility to make the Borg Queen a human from that time as well. Until Q made his appearance the Borg were unaware of Earth. For a human of that period to get "The Royal Jelly" treatment and become the Queen and then somehow forget all about Earth? That just doesn't work.

I will grant that I like some of the fanboy stuff trying to tie in with the other series. However, there comes a point where its no longer a nod to the previous episodes we've see but becomes a desperate attempt to draw viewers wholly on nostalgia with little real substance. That is the feeling that I had through most of Enterprise. It tried so hard to scream "We are Star Trek TOO! SEE all the stuff we do like the other Treks?" that it had no feel of its own.

--------------------
There are 10 types of people in the world...those that understand Binary and those that don't.

Reverend
Based on a true story...
Member # 335

- posted      Profile for Reverend     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I actually quite liked the Borg appearance ENT, it made the Borg seam threatening for the first time in ages. Not that I like the idea of the Borg queen being human, mind. Aside from the continuity issues you mentioned, it's already been established that the Queens are Species 125 while humans are Species 5618.

--------------------

Mars Needs Women
Sexy Funmobile
Member # 1505

- posted      Profile for Mars Needs Women     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Yeah I see you point Wiz. Although most people enjoyed season 4, it was basically a repository for TOS backstory. And would we want 3 more years of an RPG Sourcebook?
Daniel Butler
I'm a Singapore where is my boat
Member # 1689

- posted      Profile for Daniel Butler     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
The Borg Queen thing was just a pitch; that made it sound like it may have been rejected. I like to think Coto wouldn't've bought it.
Reverend
Based on a true story...
Member # 335

Yeah I get that impression too. From what I gather Judith and Garfield Reeves-Stevens have a bad habit of using continuity as a bit of a crutch. Not as bad as Greg Cox, mind. A little is fine, especially in a prequel but there has to be room for something original or it gets too cute.

Now having Alice Kringe play a lone refugee from a race of all female clones...that'd be OK.

--------------------

Hobbes
 Homicidal Psycho Jungle Cat 
Member # 138

- posted      Profile for Hobbes     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I would imagine the Ent Borg was already discussed. I just saw the episode myself for the first time.

On the one hand it might have messed with continuity a little. Didn't it state they sent a signal to the Delta Quadrant which would reach the rest of the collective in the 24th century. And before Q flung the E-D into the Delta Quadrant there was an episode dealing with mysterious attacks on both Federation and Romulan bases which would later match Borg attacks. It would be logical to assume the Borg got the signal from the 22nd century, which caused the first attacks in TNG. Then Q sent the E-D to the DQ, and from there the Borg pursued the E-D back to the AQ.

--------------------
I'm slightly annoyed at Hobbes' rather rude decision to be much more attractive than me though. That's just rude. - PsyLiam, Oct 27, 2005.

Sean
First Tenor
Member # 2010

Which may also explain why the FC borg differ from the TNG borg. If they were sent right when the signal from Regeneration reached them, then the borg on the "borg home planet" or central hub, or whatnot would have 200 years to evolve and change their appearance. THe FC borg might have used their transwarp to get to sector 001 in First Contact, having developed it some time ago, but after the first ship left.

Back to Enterprise now...

--------------------

-George Carlin

Mars Needs Women
Sexy Funmobile
Member # 1505

- posted      Profile for Mars Needs Women     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Or the change might be due to assimilating new technology between Best of Both Worlds and First Contact.
Reverend
Based on a true story...
Member # 335

quote:
Originally posted by Hobbes:
I would imagine the Ent Borg was already discussed. I just saw the episode myself for the first time.

On the one hand it might have messed with continuity a little. Didn't it state they sent a signal to the Delta Quadrant which would reach the rest of the collective in the 24th century. And before Q flung the E-D into the Delta Quadrant there was an episode dealing with mysterious attacks on both Federation and Romulan bases which would later match Borg attacks. It would be logical to assume the Borg got the signal from the 22nd century, which caused the first attacks in TNG. Then Q sent the E-D to the DQ, and from there the Borg pursued the E-D back to the AQ.

Of course, for all we know the Borg might not have received the signal at all, or if they did they might not have got it until AFTER the encounter at J-25, when they were already sending scouts out to the Alpha & Beta Quadrants. The signal may or may not have caused them to focus on Earth specifically. Of course that's just one of a dozen or so possible scenarios.

--------------------

This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4   

Open Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps