Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums
Topic Closed  Topic Closed
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Community » Other Television Shows » What could have been season 5 (Page 4)

This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4   
Author Topic: What could have been season 5
Mars Needs Women
Sexy Funmobile
Member # 1505

- posted      Profile for Mars Needs Women     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I just read a little about Resistance:

Sentient Cube?
Assimilated Janeway?

Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

- posted      Profile for Jason Abbadon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
No on those....though it seems Picard is taking his orders on everythig directly from Janeway now.
ug.

Also, the Enterprise's new ship's councilor is a female Vulcan with a bias against Worf because (get this), she's read all about Worf's blowing the mission to get Lassaran (DS9: Change of Heart).
As I recall, that mission was so top-secret that they did not bring Worf up in charges- now we're to believe that anyone- even a ship's councilor can read all about it in Worf's file (something Sisko said would not appear on record no less).

Yet another novel wherein Geordi has no real role in anything, but Dr. Crusher manages to make whole new technologies in minutes to stop the Borg.

Another oddity- Picard's sleeping with Crusher: which makes for pages and pages of relationship introspection between the two.

The whole thing reads like a bad fanfic.

--------------------
Justice inclines her scales so that wisdom comes at the price of suffering.
-Aeschylus, Agamemnon

Mars Needs Women
Sexy Funmobile
Member # 1505

- posted      Profile for Mars Needs Women     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Actually Janeway is assimilated in the follow up to Resistance, Before Dishonor.

http://startrek.wikia.com/wiki/Before_Dishonor

Still bad though...

Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

- posted      Profile for Jason Abbadon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Seems like another occasion where Captain Calhoun will save the day!

yaaawwwn.

--------------------
Justice inclines her scales so that wisdom comes at the price of suffering.
-Aeschylus, Agamemnon

Dukhat
Hater of Stock Footage
Member # 341

- posted      Profile for Dukhat     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
DS9 relaunch = good.

TNG relaunch = bad.

VOY relaunch = bad.

ENT relaunch = good so far (With one book, "The Good That Men Do." I don't know if any follow-up for that book is planned, but I'd be interested if they did.

Mars Needs Women
Sexy Funmobile
Member # 1505

http://trekmovie.com/2008/04/02/library-computer-a-look-at-enterprise-relaunch-preview-of-kobyashi-maru/
Sean
First Tenor
Member # 2010

- posted      Profile for Sean     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
That sounds like a good book. I will definately be picking that up. I can't wait for the Romulan war books are written.

--------------------
"Kosh, I'd like to introduce you to our Resident schmuck and his side kick Kick Me."-Ritten

"Fighting for peace is like screwing for virginity".
-George Carlin

Daniel Butler
I'm a Singapore where is my boat
Member # 1689

- posted      Profile for Daniel Butler     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I still want to finish those old Rihannsu(sp?) books by Diane Duane. I read #2 and #3 and liked them quite a bit.
Sean
First Tenor
Member # 2010

- posted      Profile for Sean     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I was reading an excellent fanfic about the Romulan War, in which Trip has been given his own ship, "Endeavour" after Enterprise is damaged beyond repair in the opening shots of the war. Very well written. THe site, however, seems to have vanished off of the face of the earth.

The opening title sequence is here , and the opening for the Mirror Universe "Episode" is here . I hope the site comes back online. I have e-mailed the author about it, but he has yet to respond.

--------------------
"Kosh, I'd like to introduce you to our Resident schmuck and his side kick Kick Me."-Ritten

-George Carlin

Shik
Starship database: completed; History of Starfleet: done; website: probably never
Member # 343

- posted      Profile for Shik     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
That's because there was a server problem with the larger site Endeavour was based on. Cador is addressing it still, I think.

--------------------
"The French have a saying: 'mise en place'—keep everything in its fucking place!"

Sean
First Tenor
Member # 2010

I hope they can fix it.

I somehow got my hands on a large number of pocket book's starfleet academy novels a long time ago. At the time I was reading them, I thought they were okay, but now that I understand more about Trek, I think my opinion might change.

--------------------

-George Carlin

mada101
Member # 1285

- posted      Profile for mada101     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by Sean:
I was reading an excellent fanfic about the Romulan War, in which Trip has been given his own ship, "Endeavour" after Enterprise is damaged beyond repair in the opening shots of the war. Very well written. THe site, however, seems to have vanished off of the face of the earth.

The opening title sequence is here , and the opening for the Mirror Universe "Episode" is here . I hope the site comes back online. I have e-mailed the author about it, but he has yet to respond.

Is this the series you mean?

--------------------
'Whether you think you can, or whether you think you can't, you are probably right.'
- Henry Ford

Sean
First Tenor
Member # 2010

Yes. The site problem was fixed a couple of weeks ago. Can't wait for a new scene to be added...

--------------------

-George Carlin

This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4   

Open Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps