Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Community » Other Television Shows » Blake's 7 Scales and Tech

Author Topic: Blake's 7 Scales and Tech
Guardian 2000
Member # 743

- posted      Profile for Guardian 2000     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Any B7 fans among this group?

My prior internet surfings had suggested that Blake's 7 tech talk was wildly underrepresented online. I've lately found a smidgen more, including reference to a Horizon fan tech manual printed at some point, with ship scalings in milli-spatials/spacials.

I ended up submitting a quickie attempted Liberator scaling to a fansite back in the day but the pics are broken now, and having obtained some 3-D models (as part of a massive campaign of Star Trek: Bridge Commander model conversions to SketchUp for my nefarious Volumetrics purposes) I have renewed my interest in locking down scales. (Another modeler has done a wildly inaccurate scaling since then, as well, so that's all the more reason to re-do it properly.)

I have the episodes and of course know of the transcript sites, so a full-on tech site would be great fun if I had the time, but in the meantime I'd love to know of any resources you know about or have found over time . . . maybe there's stuff in the Wayback Machine I could dig up, if I knew where something used to be.

Thanks!

--------------------
. . . ceterum censeo Carthaginem esse delendam.

G2k's ST v. SW Tech Assessment

Lee
I'm a spy now. Spies are cool.
Member # 393

- posted      Profile for Lee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Obviously watched it back in the day, but that was as far as it went. With its production values, I’d suggest that if anything was truly unTechManuable it’d be Blakes 7…

--------------------
Never mind the Phlox - Here's the Phase Pistols

Guardian 2000
Member # 743

- posted      Profile for Guardian 2000     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Technical consistency is the key, not budget. While B7 probably has a few hiccups in that regard (I can think of one or two despite years since watching it through), a certain franchise with huge budgets (and even a claimed "Story Group" supposedly maintaining consistency) is far more unanalyzable these days.

--------------------
. . . ceterum censeo Carthaginem esse delendam.

G2k's ST v. SW Tech Assessment

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2008 Solareclipse Network.