Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums
Topic Closed  Topic Closed
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Community » Other Television Shows » Entertainment Tonight

Author Topic: Entertainment Tonight
AndrewR
Resident Nut-cache
Member # 44

- posted      Profile for AndrewR     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I just caught Entertainment Tonight.

Well well, looks like we're stuck with the Enterprise design, since It was seen moving around in monitors on the sets.

Bakula says that its the first starship to go out into space.

We also see the 'Ready Room set' which has a horizontal table top schematic of the Enterprise.

It also has moving Enterprise schematics in the background - if anyone has a screen capture card...

Bakula says the best thing about the ready room set is the comfy chairs.

Also, TECHNOBABBLE... Technobabble makes a good Star Trek not.

I want to organise with someone in the US to send me out a video (In Australia)... Once the series starts - so I'm not behind... I'll send you the money for a tape and postage... I'll start up another thread about it later.

Andrew

--------------------
"Bears. Beets. Battlestar Galactica." - Jim Halpert. (The Office)

I'm LIZZING! - Liz Lemon (30 Rock)

Michael Dracon
aka: NightWing or Altair
Member # 4

- posted      Profile for Michael Dracon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
The first starship does not mean the first spaceship.

But it does screw up the statement of the TOS Enterprise being the first 'Starship Enterprise'. Well at least it was the first starship Enterprise that was created during the existence of the Federation...

--------------------
"And they had other stuff (...) like pictures of the Vulcan woman on Enterprise."
"OOOOhhh! Uhm, I mean: Nerds!"

- Willow and Xander, Buffy the Vampire Slayer

The Mighty Monkey of Mim
SUPPOSED TO HAVE ICE POWERS!!
Member # 646

- posted      Profile for The Mighty Monkey of Mim     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
But of course if STARFLEET came before the Federation, then it doesn't really matter now, does it.

I swear...

--------------------
The flaws we find most objectionable in others are often those we recognize in ourselves.

TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

- posted      Profile for TSN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
And if, say, the Tkon had some ships they called a "starfleet" six hundred thousand years ago, and one happened to be called the "Aentirprreyz" (pronounced "EN-ter-prise"), would that be a violation of continuity, too?
Lee
I'm a spy now. Spies are cool.
Member # 393

- posted      Profile for Lee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
No, provided they drank Jee-nan'Tonix. 8)

--------------------
Never mind the Phlox - Here's the Phase Pistols

TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

- posted      Profile for TSN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Okay, I have to grant that one... *L*
AndrewR
Resident Nut-cache
Member # 44

- posted      Profile for AndrewR     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Now, you see a T'Kon empire series would be an INTERESTING premise for a series.

--------------------

The Vorlon
Member # 52

- posted      Profile for The Vorlon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I realize this is off-topic, but I'd highly recommend to anyone to read the Q-Continum set of TNG books. They merge Qs and the End of the T'Kon Empire in really interesting ways, not to mention several other superbeings and events from TOS and ST5. Good read. =]

--------------------
Sheridan: "Well, as answers go, short, to the point, utterly useless and totally consistant with what I've come to expect from a Vorlon..."
Kosh: "Good."
Sheridan: "I REALLY hate it when you do that..."
Kosh: "Good."

PsyLiam
Hungry for you
Member # 73

- posted      Profile for PsyLiam     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
"Now, you see a T'Kon empire series would be an INTERESTING premise for a series."

No it wouldn't. It would have nothing to do with what we call Star Trek. And, if it's anything like the Last Outpost, it will be worse than swallowing your own teeth.

--------------------
Yes, you're despicable, and... and picable... and... and you're definitely, definitely despicable. How a person can get so despicable in one lifetime is beyond me. It isn't as though I haven't met a lot of people. Goodness knows it isn't that. It isn't just that... it isn't... it's... it's despicable.

AndrewR
Resident Nut-cache
Member # 44

What about Star Trek: The Hurq

The Invasion, domination and eventual over throw of the Klingon Empire by a Gamma Quadrant power...

Central character: Kahless!

--------------------

Obese Penguin
Doomsayer
Member # 271

- posted      Profile for Obese Penguin     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Yes thats a ratings Bonanza! , no humans! , Races we've never heard of! , a Hard Learning Curve for new fans , oh yes i can see the new viewers just rolling in! yeah people are gonna love that.

I am a bastard I know...

--------------------
My Mother never found the irony in calling me a son of a bitch

Sol System
two dollar pistol
Member # 30

- posted      Profile for Sol System     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Actually, a Klingon series is probably the one "non-traditional" format that could be done successfully.
The_Tom
recently silent
Member # 38

- posted      Profile for The_Tom     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Yes, in that of all the races, the Klingons are the closest we have to a race fleshed out the point where drama can be written about them and them alone.

No, in that such a series would be incredibly boring.

--------------------
"I was surprised by the matter-of-factness of Kafka's narration, and the subtle humor present as a result." (Sizer 2005)

Sol System
two dollar pistol
Member # 30

- posted      Profile for Sol System     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Well, yes. I didn't mean I thought it would be a good show. Just a possible one.

Open Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps