Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums
Topic Closed  Topic Closed
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Community » Other Television Shows » "Star Trek: Enterprise"

Author Topic: "Star Trek: Enterprise"
MinutiaeMan
Living the Geeky Dream
Member # 444

- posted      Profile for MinutiaeMan     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Has anyone noticed how the show has quite often been called "Star Trek: Enterprise" instead of just "Enterprise"? For instance that ET feature a couple of nights ago.

Maybe TPTB will take a hint...

--------------------
“Those people who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do.” — Isaac Asimov
Star Trek Minutiae | Memory Alpha

Treknophyle
Member # 509

- posted      Profile for Treknophyle     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
You'd think so, if only for tradition's sake.

On the other hand... I'm not one of those fans who is making his mind up about the series before it airs. But if it truly is awful - not having Star Trek attached may be fortuitous.

--------------------
'One man's theology is another man's belly laugh.' - Lazarus Long

PsyLiam
Hungry for you
Member # 73

- posted      Profile for PsyLiam     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Er, I might be alone here, but I really don't think is should be called Star Trek: Enterprise. For one thing, it's what my mum (and lots of people) always called Star Trek anyway (the same people who say "Dr Spock".)

For another, they actually had a good reason not to call it that. Star Trek: Enterprise sounds like a merchandising company.

Besides, the Enterprise is possibly the most famous thing about Star Trek. Everyone will know what the mean. And I doubt this is a precedent. For whatever series we get in 2009, unless it's about something more identifible to Star Trek than the Enterprise, it'll have "Star Trek" in the title.

--------------------
Yes, you're despicable, and... and picable... and... and you're definitely, definitely despicable. How a person can get so despicable in one lifetime is beyond me. It isn't as though I haven't met a lot of people. Goodness knows it isn't that. It isn't just that... it isn't... it's... it's despicable.

The Vorlon
Member # 52

- posted      Profile for The Vorlon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
My theory is that it's not "Star Trek: Enterprise" just because it's a prequel and as such, comes before "Star Trek" (aka The Original Series).

It makes sense, in a twisted, convoluted way.

Actually, it makes about as much sense as the rest of what we know about the show right now...

Which is a bad thing. =]

Anyways, "Star Trek" didn't/doesn't exist until the NCC-1701 comes along.

--------------------
Sheridan: "Well, as answers go, short, to the point, utterly useless and totally consistant with what I've come to expect from a Vorlon..."
Kosh: "Good."
Sheridan: "I REALLY hate it when you do that..."
Kosh: "Good."

Open Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps