Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums
Topic Closed  Topic Closed
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Community » Other Television Shows » NX-01 - Oblique View (Page 1)

This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4   
Author Topic: NX-01 - Oblique View
Treknophyle
Member # 509

- posted      Profile for Treknophyle     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Just found this on the Trek BBS site.

She is lovely

http://www.lcarscom.net/NX-01wp.jpg

--------------------
'One man's theology is another man's belly laugh.' - Lazarus Long

Mark Nguyen
I'm a daddy now!
Member # 469

- posted      Profile for Mark Nguyen     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Are we sure that's official? It looks sorta... Off...

Mark

--------------------
"This is my timey-wimey detector. Goes ding when there's stuff." - Doctor Who
The 404s - Improv Comedy | Mark's Starship Bridge Designs | Anime Alberta

Siegfried
Fullmetal Pompatus
Member # 29

- posted      Profile for Siegfried     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Well, according to TrekWeb, this same image appeared in today's edition of USA Today. ::shrug::
The359
The bitch is back
Member # 37

- posted      Profile for The359     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Doesn't seem like the real deal to me. The designs from the warp nacelle pylons are missing.
Wes
Over 20 years here? Holy cow.
Member # 212

- posted      Profile for Wes     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
It looks off beause its a PR render. They use too many lights to show off every detail. Anyway, it will look better in the show. And yes that the official model
Matrix
AMEAN McAvoy
Member # 376

- posted      Profile for Matrix     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Its the worst ship design in Trek history. Whoever designed it was lazy that's all I have to say.

By the way a few weeks ago, I said that I would wait until the show started that I would voice by opinion but this ship is just... plain shit.

--------------------
Matrix
If you say so
If you want so
Then do so

The_Tom
recently silent
Member # 38

- posted      Profile for The_Tom     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Great, Matrix, now all you have to do is go and post those comments three times on every one of the other threads where the ship is even mentioned and you'll fit right in...

--------------------
"I was surprised by the matter-of-factness of Kafka's narration, and the subtle humor present as a result." (Sizer 2005)

Reginald Barclay
Ex-Member

- posted            Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by Matrix:
Its the worst ship design in Trek history. Whoever designed it was lazy that's all I have to say.

I wouldn't characterize John Eaves as lazy. I blame Rick Berman, Brannon Braga and the rest of TPTB. They have the final say on the design and I'm sure one of them, probably Berman, said "I really like the Akira design and nobody except those Trekkie dweebs would recognize it if we reused it."

IP: Logged
Saltah'na
Chinese Canadian, or 75% Commie Bastard.
Member # 33

- posted      Profile for Saltah'na     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 

BLUE WARP GRILLS?

But they appeared in the TNG era, and not the TOS era.

Not even in the movies too!!! Not even in Star Trek: Generations. And when they redid the TOS Enterprise in DS9's "Trials and Tribble-ations", there was no "blue glow" coming from their engines.

Yet we see it here. Jesus, for once PLEASE if it is going to be from pre-TOS era, please PLEASE make it look like it IS one.......

--------------------
"And slowly, you come to realize, it's all as it should be, you can only do so much. If you're game enough, you could place your trust in me. For the love of life, there's a tradeoff, we could lose it all but we'll go down fighting...." - David Sylvian
FreeSpace 2, the greatest space sim of all time, now remastered!

Siegfried
Fullmetal Pompatus
Member # 29

- posted      Profile for Siegfried     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Ah, but Tahna Los, the Phoenix from Star Trek: First Contact had the blew warp grilles. Well, at the very least she made the blue flash when leaping into warp.
Saltah'na
Member # 33

- posted      Profile for Saltah'na     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
But that's it. I can accept that.

But if this blue glow will be on the ship even when it is NOT in warp, well...... God help Brannon Braga and company.....

--------------------
"And slowly, you come to realize, it's all as it should be, you can only do so much. If you're game enough, you could place your trust in me. For the love of life, there's a tradeoff, we could lose it all but we'll go down fighting...." - David Sylvian

Daniel
Member # 453

- posted      Profile for Daniel     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
So. She's no longer super-extra-shiny-gold-tone, (which I can take), and she's got the blue nacelle grilles. Well, we'll see how she looks in the show.

--------------------
"A celibate clergy is an especially good idea because it tends to suppress any hereditary propensity toward fanaticism."

-Eleanor Arroway, "Contact" by Carl Sagan

TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

- posted      Profile for TSN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
The blue glow is always there, according to the TNGTM. So the fact that it exists here isn't a problem. However, it has been shown that cutting windows in the nacelles to make it visible is a much later concept. I wish they had stuck to the suggestion they've made that that just wasn't done back then...
Saltah'na
Member # 33

The TOS Enterprise, Reliant, and Excelsior did NOT have such a blue glow on their ships, even when they went on impulse.

So someone please explain this anomaly to me?

--------------------

Lee
I'm a spy now. Spies are cool.
Member # 393

- posted      Profile for Lee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
TOS isn't canon anymore, remember?

--------------------
Never mind the Phlox - Here's the Phase Pistols

This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4   

Open Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps