Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums
Topic Closed  Topic Closed
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Community » Other Television Shows » Enterprise Uniforms (spoilers) (Page 1)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: Enterprise Uniforms (spoilers)
Siegfried
Fullmetal Pompatus
Member # 29

- posted      Profile for Siegfried     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Token Spoiler Space

Here's a link to TrekWeb who has posted images and links to videos of scenes with the Enterprise crew in uniform:

http://talk.trekweb.com/articles/2001/07/12/994968323.html

Apparently, there is no familiar Starfleet items pinned to the uniforms. So, no familiar Starfleet chevron worn on the breast. There is some sort of blue/white patch on the left sleeve, though. The uniforms themselves seem to be indigo in color with moderate gray shoulders. It also looks like the uniforms are following The Original Series' uniform color code. Archer is wearing gold strips and the engineer is wearin red stripes.

There's a fuzzy picture of T'Pol in the background. It doesn't look like she's wearing one of the uniforms that Archer is wearing. It also doesn't look all that tight, but it is a fuzzy picture.

It looks like the rank pins are being worn near the right breast. I can't tell what they're using to denote ranks, but it almost looks like they're using a pip system similar to TNG. The only thing is it looks like Archer is wearing five pips to denote his rank of captian.

The Red Admiral
Admiral on Deck....
Member # 602

- posted      Profile for The Red Admiral     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
The interiors look agreeable enough from what I've seen. I have no aruments against the uniform, or though perhaps they'd be a little better if they were plainer. But they're okay with me.

I would hope that T'Pol's uniform ends up being entirely neutral, as she can't of course be a Starfleet officer due to Spock being the first.

--------------------
"To the Enterprise and the Stargazer. Old girlfriends we'll never meet again." - Scotty

Trekmania -My Comprehensive Trek Resource

The ASDB

Siegfried
Fullmetal Pompatus
Member # 29

- posted      Profile for Siegfried     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Well, from the picture it looks like all that T'Pol is wearing is a one-color getup with a long tunic. It almost looks black, but it is a bad picture.
Obese Penguin
Doomsayer
Member # 271

- posted      Profile for Obese Penguin     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Pockets!

Now I know the show is to advanced , I mean they dont even have pockets in the 24th Century , this violates continity in so many ways....

No Good Can Come of this show now.

--------------------
My Mother never found the irony in calling me a son of a bitch

The_Tom
recently silent
Member # 38

- posted      Profile for The_Tom     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Re: T'Pol -- it's, according to Berman, a Vulcan uniform. To my eye, kinda purplish-burgundy on the shoulder and arms and something darker from there down. Not hugely tighter than either the TNG or FC Starfleet unfiforms, and the legs flow into a bellbottomesque end. IMHO, a fairly nice balancing act between Vulcan-robeyness and taking advantage of Ms. Blalock's good looks. There seems to be something glittery on her left collar, rank insignia of some sort?

--------------------
"I was surprised by the matter-of-factness of Kafka's narration, and the subtle humor present as a result." (Sizer 2005)

Siegfried
Fullmetal Pompatus
Member # 29

Yeah, there's something glittery on her collar. I was thinking it's either a Vulcan rank insignia or a general insignia to indicate that she's a member of the Vulcan starfleet.
Ryan McReynolds
Minor Deity
Member # 28

- posted      Profile for Ryan McReynolds     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by The Red Admiral:
I would hope that T'Pol's uniform ends up being entirely neutral, as she can't of course be a Starfleet officer due to Spock being the first.

It has never been established that Spock was the first Vulcan in Starfleet... but it's a well-known enough fact that that's probably why T'Pol is a Vulcan observer and not an officer.

--------------------
Enterprise: An Online Companion

"Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away." --Phillip K. Dick

Hunter
Member # 611

- posted      Profile for Hunter     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Re: T'Pol The uniform looks like it has three different colours: blue-purpule acoss the shoulders, grey across the bust and then a lighter grey from the midrife down, at least to me.

About the rank pins the engineer appears to have a short solid gold bar and from certain angles so does Archer. Though in those shots they look like thier seprate badges. So maybe the rank will be shown by a series of short , much like lieutenants bars, and archers is single long bar with vertical stripes or a series of short bars?

TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

- posted      Profile for TSN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Looks to me like they're just using the TNG rank system, possibly w/ different-looking pips. In some shots, you can clearly see that Archer has four pips and the ensign (Mayweather, I guess?) has one.
Bernd
Guy from Old Europe
Member # 6

- posted      Profile for Bernd     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Is that T'Pol in the background with the standardized bland unisex TNG-Vulcan haircut? Just another annoying 24th century ripoff, considering that no Vulcan woman in TOS and the movies looked like that. I'm serious. Can't they get anything right?

But unlike the Enterprise which will stay the same we may still hope that the alien doctor has an amazing superfast hair growing apparatus (at least they have it in the 24th century, so it's very likely that something like that is already around).

And what happened to the idea of T'Pol being a babe? I was just getting accustomed to it, and now that...

The_Tom
recently silent
Member # 38

- posted      Profile for The_Tom     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I won't go and type up a "Hair Trek" post, but suffice to say that the argument that hairstyles must evolve along a technological continuum from point A to point B holds less water than a sieve.

--------------------
"I was surprised by the matter-of-factness of Kafka's narration, and the subtle humor present as a result." (Sizer 2005)

Obese Penguin
Doomsayer
Member # 271

- posted      Profile for Obese Penguin     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Bernd , All The Vulcans in FC had the bland hair cut , and actually it does fit the Vulcan Culture.

Whos to say this wasent the original Vulcan hair Style , and with more and more interaction with humans the Vulcans started using more human styles , and maybe they had a cultural reawakening in TNG/Movie years.

Either way is it really that important , soon we will be nitpicking the space inbetween her eyes is too large , and other useless crap.

But perhaps we do need the 60's hairstyles back , BeeHives , and all that crap. Since we all know those are going to be all the rage.

[ July 13, 2001: Message edited by: Dr. Obvious ]

--------------------
My Mother never found the irony in calling me a son of a bitch

Sol System
two dollar pistol
Member # 30

- posted      Profile for Sol System     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
The fact that anyone can say the words "Vulcan haircut" with a straight face suggests that there is a rather large amount of things left unsaid about Vulcan and Vulcans in general.
TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

- posted      Profile for TSN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
But the fact is that, ever since TNG, there has been a "Vulcan haircut". It's not our fault.

The thing that makes even less sense is that the Romulans have the exact same haircut. Which they didn't have before TNG, but have had since. Just like the Vulcans.

I really don't get it...

Obi Juan
Who's your master?
Member # 90

- posted      Profile for Obi Juan     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
They try to cut it other ways. It just automatically grows back to the bowl style within seconds.

--------------------
"Existence is random. Has no pattern save what we imagine after staring at it too long. No meaning save what we choose to impose. This rudderless world is not shaped by vague metaphysical forces. It is not God who kills the children. Not fate that butchers them or destiny that feeds them to the dogs. It?s us. Only us."
Rorschach

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Open Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps