Topic Closed  Topic Closed
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Community » Other Television Shows » Engineering pics

Author Topic: Engineering pics
Hobbes
 Homicidal Psycho Jungle Cat 
Member # 138

- posted      Profile for Hobbes     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I went to StarTrek.com today and found pics of engineering.

http://startrek.com/news/ent_news.asp

--------------------
I'm slightly annoyed at Hobbes' rather rude decision to be much more attractive than me though. That's just rude. - PsyLiam, Oct 27, 2005.

Cartman
just made by the Presbyterian Church
Member # 256

- posted      Profile for Cartman     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Those pics have been on the site for some time, this thread discusses them in depth
Hobbes
Member # 138

- posted      Profile for Hobbes     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hmm..well there has been like 50 'Enterprise' threads saying basically the same thing. It seems like instead of replying to a post, someone will just go a make a new thread on it, and I haven't read them all.

Futhormore, how is a thread that's suppose to about interior shots need a $polier warning? Sometimes I think a few people are a little too anal about what a spoiler is.

--------------------
I'm slightly annoyed at Hobbes' rather rude decision to be much more attractive than me though. That's just rude. - PsyLiam, Oct 27, 2005.

TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

- posted      Profile for TSN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Actually everything about ENT is spoilers, so any warnings are really redundant in this Forum...
Wes
Over 20 years here? Holy cow.
Member # 212

- posted      Profile for Wes     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
A spoiler to me would reveal part of the plot. Any info on the ships and technology istself is fine, but warn us before you spoil plots
The Mighty Monkey of Mim
SUPPOSED TO HAVE ICE POWERS!!
Member # 646

- posted      Profile for The Mighty Monkey of Mim     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hobbes and TSN are right. If you don't want things "spoiled" as you call it, then don't come into the forum that's all about the things you don't want spoiled.

--------------------
The flaws we find most objectionable in others are often those we recognize in ourselves.

Hobbes
Member # 138

All I'm saying is that pics of a set, with nothing happening, is hardly a spolier.

--------------------

TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

- posted      Profile for TSN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
But what if someone doesn't want to even be spoiled about how the ship looks? Are they just screwed?

Besides, anything about the ship should really be in the Starships Forum, anyway.

The_Tom
recently silent
Member # 38

- posted      Profile for The_Tom     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Since I was the one who put the infernal '$' sign in that thread's topic, I'll clarify.

As far as the Enterprise forum is concerned, I think it's perfectly fair to have a relatively liberal spoiler policy. There's a reasonably common-sense expectation that if you're gonna go there you're gonna get spoiled. Since the show hasn't aired yet, everybody's in the same position in terms of how much they've seen. Once plot summaries for episodes deeper into the season start emerging from the woodwork, then spoilers should be required for plot info. Details of the ship, set, etc. shouldn't need 'em.

On the other hand, by simply visiting the Starships forum, one isn't signing their life away in terms of not being spoiled. I'm sure there are people out there who don't want to see anything Ent-related until they see the premiere on TV. So isn't it the safe option to demarcate threads that contain Enterprise content as such?

--------------------
"I was surprised by the matter-of-factness of Kafka's narration, and the subtle humor present as a result." (Sizer 2005)

Treknophyle
Member # 509

- posted      Profile for Treknophyle     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
How do you figure? If I didn't want to know other people's opinions (and therefore see the evidence they are based upon [photos]), I wouldn't be here.

Demarking spoilers for plot twists makes sense - because it prevents people in "time-retarded" parts of the world from getting information prior to their own episode air dates. But data about the ship's interiors/exteriors is available to the entire globe simultaneously at this point. Spoiler warnings for that doesn't make sense. If you don't want to see it, fair enough. But here is a spoiler warning:
$$
ANY/ALL TREK BBS SITES MAY CONTAIN SPOILER IMAGES ABOUT THE NEW SEASON.

There. I've saved them.

--------------------
'One man's theology is another man's belly laugh.' - Lazarus Long

PsyLiam
Hungry for you
Member # 73

- posted      Profile for PsyLiam     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
"Time-retarded"?

Don't let Lee here you say that...

--------------------
Yes, you're despicable, and... and picable... and... and you're definitely, definitely despicable. How a person can get so despicable in one lifetime is beyond me. It isn't as though I haven't met a lot of people. Goodness knows it isn't that. It isn't just that... it isn't... it's... it's despicable.

TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

Well, technically speaking, time passes more slowly at higher altitudes. So Switzerland, Nepal, et al. could be considered "time-retarded" in comparison to, say, the Netherlands...

:-)

The_Tom
recently silent
Member # 38

- posted      Profile for The_Tom     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I suspect I may be the most time-retarded member here then. Can anyone beat 3400 ft above sea level?

--------------------
"I was surprised by the matter-of-factness of Kafka's narration, and the subtle humor present as a result." (Sizer 2005)

Lee
I'm a spy now. Spies are cool.
Member # 393

- posted      Profile for Lee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Sorry, Tom, could you speak a bit faster? Your voice is really low and slurry. 8)

--------------------
Never mind the Phlox - Here's the Phase Pistols

PsyLiam
Hungry for you
Member # 73

- posted      Profile for PsyLiam     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
It's turned into the "White Hole" episode of Red Dwarf...

--------------------
Yes, you're despicable, and... and picable... and... and you're definitely, definitely despicable. How a person can get so despicable in one lifetime is beyond me. It isn't as though I haven't met a lot of people. Goodness knows it isn't that. It isn't just that... it isn't... it's... it's despicable.

Topic Closed  Topic Closed
Open Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps