Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums
Topic Closed  Topic Closed
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Community » Other Television Shows » 'Enterprise' Klingons... (pilot episode $$$)

Author Topic: 'Enterprise' Klingons... (pilot episode $$$)
Michael Dracon
aka: NightWing or Altair
Member # 4

- posted      Profile for Michael Dracon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
From Section31.com (please consider this a rumor, it is not yet officially confirmed!):

"Just a bit more for you and your readers on the new series' first episode. Klingon ship crash lands on earth and "we" try to help them get home... Something doesn't go as planned and the feud begins.... Oh yeah, and the Klingons WILL have bumpy heads. (Reasoning is that if Gene Roddenberry had had the $'s they would have started out with bumpy heads..)"

------------------
"I don't poke my head into business world too much. All I care about is making the show. And naked stuff."

- Joss Whedon, creator of Buffy the Vampire Slayer

The Talented Mr. Gurgeh
Member # 318

- posted      Profile for The Talented Mr. Gurgeh     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
In the TNG ep First Contact Picard mentions this incident with the Klingons. This is set soon after the First Contact movie then? I'm actually beginning to like the sound of this new series, I like the whole first contact idea.

------------------
"If you love wealth more than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, depart from us in peace. We ask not your counsel nor your arms. Crouch down and lick the hand that feeds you. May your chains rest lightly upon you and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen"
Samuel Adams

Harry
Stormwind City Guard
Member # 265

- posted      Profile for Harry     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
ALLRIGHT! YOU'VE WON!

I'll accept the whole bumpy head theory. Let all Klingons have bumpy heads and let us all forget what Worf said in DS9!!!!

Hab SoSlI' Quch!

(Although the smooth looks of Kang and co did have something...)

--------------------
Titan Fleet Yards | Memory Alpha

J
Member # 608

- posted      Profile for J     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
They can't use Klingons in the 22nd century! TOS "Day of the Dove" Bones said that the *Federation* didn't meet the Klingons until 2218, 100 years after the setting that Enterprise is supposed to occur in.

--------------------
Later, J
_ _ _ _ _ ___ _ _ _ _ _
The Last Person to post in the late Voyager Forum. Bashing both Voyager, Enterprise, and "The Bun" in one glorious post.

[email protected]
http://webj.cjb.net

Aethelwer
Frank G
Member # 36

- posted      Profile for Aethelwer     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
TOS had some issues with dates anyway, like Kirk placing the series in the 2100s ("Space Seed" and others).
Michael Dracon
aka: NightWing or Altair
Member # 4

- posted      Profile for Michael Dracon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Yeah, sometimes I think of TOS as being non-canon

--------------------
"And they had other stuff (...) like pictures of the Vulcan woman on Enterprise."
"OOOOhhh! Uhm, I mean: Nerds!"

- Willow and Xander, Buffy the Vampire Slayer

Harry
Stormwind City Guard
Member # 265

- posted      Profile for Harry     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
AARRGGHH!!
BLASPHEMY!!!

As for the Cling-ons: Bones said *hostilities* went back to 2118.
Could be interpreted in different ways.

--------------------
Titan Fleet Yards | Memory Alpha

J
Member # 608

- posted      Profile for J     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Bones said that when first contact was made in 2218 that they didn't turn out well. Later in one of the movies, Spock said that hostilities broke out after this period.

The two dates go together. And you must accept some time period for TOS. I accept 2260's, and the rest I chalk up to bad records [as of Spock from "Balance of Terror"] or misinformation [as of Kirk's Corbomite Device(s) and tactics].

--------------------
Later, J
_ _ _ _ _ ___ _ _ _ _ _
The Last Person to post in the late Voyager Forum. Bashing both Voyager, Enterprise, and "The Bun" in one glorious post.

[email protected]
http://webj.cjb.net

The_Tom
recently silent
Member # 38

- posted      Profile for The_Tom     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Bones said that when first contact was made in 2218 that they didn't turn out well

Can someone please just check the friggin' episode for the exact line? It seems like everyone remembers differently.

Spock's line in TUC was "nearly 90 years of unremitting hostility" or something to that effect. Which means hostilty began sometime after 2203, but almost certainly earlier than 2218.

And Spock's a better historian than Bones. Wasn't there a "dammit Jim, I'm a doctor, not a historian" at some point in TOS, anyway?

[ May 28, 2001: Message edited by: The_Tom ]

--------------------
"I was surprised by the matter-of-factness of Kafka's narration, and the subtle humor present as a result." (Sizer 2005)

Eclipse
Member # 472

- posted      Profile for Eclipse     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Actually, the "Doctor �Historian" line was Bashir's.
MIB
Ex-Member

- posted            Edit/Delete Post 
[QUOTE]Yeah, sometimes I think of TOS as being non-canon[END QUOTE]

You too huh? I do that ALOT! Sometimes, I really don't know who's worse in continuity. TOS or Voyager. Although, TOS never did have an episode called Threshold.

Actually. I just make believe that that entire episode was just a f**ked up dream Tom Paris had, and that Threshold never showed him waking up before the episode ended.

IP: Logged
Wes
Over 20 years here? Holy cow.
Member # 212

- posted      Profile for Wes     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
From a comic I once read: Klingons used to remove the part of the spine that wrapped around the skull to become more "pleasing" with thier appearance. Klingons are ashamed that they were so sensitive about this after they stopped removing them, so they dont talk about it much. Perhaps there was a point in time before they removed them when they didnt? I bet they will come up with a creative way of explaining this in Enterprise.
The_Tom
recently silent
Member # 38

- posted      Profile for The_Tom     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I bet they won't

--------------------
"I was surprised by the matter-of-factness of Kafka's narration, and the subtle humor present as a result." (Sizer 2005)

Open Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps