Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums
Topic Closed  Topic Closed
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Community » Other Television Shows » "Oh, boy!" (Page 1)

This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   
Author Topic: "Oh, boy!"
colin
Member # 217

- posted      Profile for colin         Edit/Delete Post 
Me bad.

Anyway, the topic. Source: TrekToday

Berman & Braga speak continuity

Nice to see a mention to one of our favorite topics, the Eugenics Wars.

[ July 19, 2001: Message edited by: targetemployee ]

Siegfried
Fullmetal Pompatus
Member # 29

- posted      Profile for Siegfried     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Um, the picture is nothing more than a box with a cute little red "X" in it. You might wanna check the address.
colin
Member # 217

- posted      Profile for colin         Edit/Delete Post 
It's fixed. Fun readings.
Aban Rune
Former ascended being
Member # 226

- posted      Profile for Aban Rune     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Actually, wasn't it in TMP that the "new" Klingon look premiered? Does he not even know that?

sigh

anyway...I think they could probably do a really cool TOS Klingon...or a blending of the TOS version and the TNG version...Something that allows for a bit of suspension of disbelief.

--------------------
"Nu ani anqueatas"

Aban's Illustration
The Official Website of Shannon McRandle

PsyLiam
Hungry for you
Member # 73

- posted      Profile for PsyLiam     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
And what would that look like, considering the TOS Klingons were men with red paint on and beards, and TNG Klingons are men with red paint on, beards, and Cornish pasties on their heads?

--------------------
Yes, you're despicable, and... and picable... and... and you're definitely, definitely despicable. How a person can get so despicable in one lifetime is beyond me. It isn't as though I haven't met a lot of people. Goodness knows it isn't that. It isn't just that... it isn't... it's... it's despicable.

PsyLiam
Hungry for you
Member # 73

- posted      Profile for PsyLiam     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
And before we all pick on poor B & B, the reporter isn't completely blameless either.

"Berman's first experience with fan feedback occured after an early TNG episode showed a phaser beam appearing out of a photon torpedo tube."

Glad to see that season 5 is considered "early".

--------------------
Yes, you're despicable, and... and picable... and... and you're definitely, definitely despicable. How a person can get so despicable in one lifetime is beyond me. It isn't as though I haven't met a lot of people. Goodness knows it isn't that. It isn't just that... it isn't... it's... it's despicable.

Mikey T
Driven
Member # 144

- posted      Profile for Mikey T     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Okay now people, let's not panick until we see the pilot episode. Then we shall decide on the correct course of action. Just stockpile lots of episodes of the other Trek series in case of an emergency.
Aban Rune
Former ascended being
Member # 226

- posted      Profile for Aban Rune     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
What I mean by a combination of the two, Psy, is something more along the lines of some of the Klingons in Trek 6. Some smaller ridges. Uniforms and hair styles that harken back to TOS, but use a bit more style.

I wouldn't say make them just like TOS, but I wouldn't say make them look just like TNG either.

I think a nice blend is in order.

[ July 19, 2001: Message edited by: Aban Rune ]

--------------------
"Nu ani anqueatas"

Aban's Illustration
The Official Website of Shannon McRandle

The Mighty Monkey of Mim
SUPPOSED TO HAVE ICE POWERS!!
Member # 646

- posted      Profile for The Mighty Monkey of Mim     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
That would rock if they showed us the two different types of Klingons, and explained it all the way Okuda does, by saying that there are more than one race, just like here on Earth. It makes sense, it wouldn't complicate things any more than they already have been, an it would placate us 'hard-core' fans.

But then again, this is the Killer B's we're talking about here...

--------------------
The flaws we find most objectionable in others are often those we recognize in ourselves.

Mark Nguyen
I'm a daddy now!
Member # 469

- posted      Profile for Mark Nguyen     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Um... Kang, Koloth, and Kor?

Mark

--------------------
"This is my timey-wimey detector. Goes ding when there's stuff." - Doctor Who
The 404s - Improv Comedy | Mark's Starship Bridge Designs | Anime Alberta

OnToMars
Now on to the making of films!
Member # 621

- posted      Profile for OnToMars     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Just stockpile lots of episodes of the other Trek series in case of an emergency.

Lets see...

Charlie X...check
Spock's Brain...check
Coming of Age...check
Shades of Grey...check
Parallax...check
Threshold...check
Cathexis...check
Elogium...check
Parturition...check
Resistance...check
Innocence...check
The Chute...check
Sacred Groun...check
Nemesis...check
The Fight...check
The...I think I've made my point.

[ July 19, 2001: Message edited by: Stingray ]

--------------------
If God didn't want us to fly, he wouldn't have given us Bernoulli's Principle.

The Mighty Monkey of Mim
Member # 646

- posted      Profile for The Mighty Monkey of Mim     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Mark: Haven't you ever heard of cosmetic surgery?

--------------------
The flaws we find most objectionable in others are often those we recognize in ourselves.

TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

- posted      Profile for TSN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
"'We're too busy really to sit down and read all of the Internet mail that comes in on all of this stuff.' Berman added, 'If we did that, we'd have to hire other people to do the television series.'"

Erm... How about hiring other people to read the mail? Duh...

"'...starting I think with "Star Trek II," which took place really at the same time as Capt. Kirk, they were using makeup very similar to Worf.'"

It was TMP.

"Braga added, 'It was "Star Trek III."'"

It was TMP.

"Berman's first experience with fan feedback occured after an early TNG episode showed a phaser beam appearing out of a photon torpedo tube. ...'I didn't know the difference. I had no idea which was which.'"

Can we please get someone who can work on the show for years and years and actually come away knowing something about it?!

PsyLiam
Hungry for you
Member # 73

To be fair, he says he didn't know the difference. I bet he does now.

And again, is it necessary for the Executive Producer to know that sort of stuff? Is it necessary for the Exec Producer of NYPD Blue to know the difference between a 218 and a 420 situation? Is it necessary for the Exec Producer of ER to know which are bacterial diseases, and which are viral?

--------------------

The Mighty Monkey of Mim
Member # 646

Psyliam, Good Sir, are you actually DEFENDING Berman and Bragga???

I'm wounded.

--------------------

This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   

Open Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps