Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums
Topic Closed  Topic Closed
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Community » Other Television Shows » Transporter Psychosis

Author Topic: Transporter Psychosis
The Talented Mr. Gurgeh
Member # 318

- posted      Profile for The Talented Mr. Gurgeh     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I was thinking about that TNG episode where Barkley thinks he has transporter psychosis, and I remember him asking the computer to give details on it. However, I couldn't recall what date was given for the last known case.

I just wanted to know if this date lies within the time-frame of Enterprise. Can anyone help?

--------------------
"Out of doubt, out of dark to the day's rising
I came singing in the sun, sword unsheathing.
To hope's end I rode and to heart's breaking:
Now for wrath, now for ruin and a red nightfall!"

The Battle of the Pelennor Fields.

Lee
I'm a spy now. Spies are cool.
Member # 393

- posted      Profile for Lee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I think it was 2209, or thereabouts. It's actually in an old Enterprise Forum thread, I think, where we discussed whether they should have transporters or not.

--------------------
Never mind the Phlox - Here's the Phase Pistols

Treknophyle
Member # 509

- posted      Profile for Treknophyle     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
So if this show starts in 2151 - wew should certainly have some crazy times.

--------------------
'One man's theology is another man's belly laugh.' - Lazarus Long

Ryan McReynolds
Minor Deity
Member # 28

- posted      Profile for Ryan McReynolds     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Well, it's established that the transporter is generally cargo-only and they'll use shuttlecrafts most of the time... so hopefully there won't be too many Archer-splitting glitches. And re: Transporter Psychosis... I think it's likely such a thing happened in perhaps one in a million transports, so there's no problem with it not being discovered until 2209. If transporters didn't gain real popularity until after that time, it may be that there hadn't been a million transports to catch even one case of psychosis!

--------------------
Enterprise: An Online Companion

"Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away." --Phillip K. Dick

Open Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps