Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Star Trek » Starships & Technology » Dedication Plaques

Author Topic: Dedication Plaques
Sirmaniac
Ex-Member

- posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I hope this is a proper place for this post.

Does anyone out there have any dedication plaque pictures, information, and other tidbits others might not have heard of? To try to make a quick list (I'm going to miss a few I've seen/heard before, so let's get cracking; at least one source for each is mentioned):

*U.S.S. Enterprise (we've seen it all--Encyclopedia)

*U.S.S. Enterprise-A (all--Encyclopedia)

*U.S.S. Enterprise-B (all--Encyclopedia)

U.S.S. Enterprise-C (none? (Assumed--. . . to boldy go where no one has gone before . . .)

*U.S.S. Enterprise-D (all--TNG Technical Manual)

*U.S.S. Enterprise-E (all--Encyclopedia)

*U.S.S. Defiant NX-74205 (all--Encyclopedia)

*U.S.S. Voyager (all--Encyclopedia)

*U.S.S. Brattain (all--Encyclopedia)

*U.S.S. Sutherland (all--Encyclopedia)

*U.S.S. Phoenix (all--The Continuing Voyages)

*U.S.S. Excelsior (all--Encyclopedia)

*U.S.S. Pasteur (all--special program for TNG; some early inaccuracies)

U.S.S. Stargazer (Quote: "To bring light into the darkness"--Encyclopedia)

U.S.S. Hathaway (Construction base: Copernicus Shipyards, Luna--Yoyodyne Propulsion Systems--Encyclopedia)

U.S.S. Tsiolkovsky (Quote: "The Earth is the cradle of the mind, but one connot remain in the cradle forever"--Encyclopedia)

U.S.S. Yamato (Quote: I have sworn eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man--Encyclopedia)

U.S.S. Odyssey (Quote: (Something like) It's purpose still a mystery (I don't have the Encylopedia II with me, and I can't recall the 2001 quote)

U.S.S. Prometheus NX-59650 (Quote: "All the world is a stage and all the people actors. They have their entrances and exits"--Star Trek Communicator Magazine--sorry, might not be an exact quote; I'm not up on Shakespeare)

* Picture available

All of the ships above have plaques that have been made. Those with incomplete information include as much information as I have heard or seen. If anymore plaques have been made, but I didn't list them here, please fill them in if you can (with pictures if possible), if any more information is known to fill in the incomplete plaques, please help. I know the Tsiolkovsky dedication plauque was written with cyrillic figures, and a copy resides in a museum in Russia (God, talk about your places I want tourist pictures right now.) I'm not sure if I haven't seen Enterprise-B's plaque, and I think we saw the Raven's plaque, but I'm not sure.

Thanks.

IP: Logged
TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

- posted      Profile for TSN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I believe the quote is "All the world's a stage, and all the men and women merely players. They have their exits and their entrances, and one man in his time plays many parts..." I don't know how much of it was on the plaque. And I may have a word or two wrong...

------------------
"Look into any eyes you find by you; you can see clear to another day..."
-The Grateful Dead, "Box of Rain"

bryce
Anointed Class of 2003
Member # 42

- posted      Profile for bryce     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Some one related to these boards has a website dedicatedto this, but I can't remember who.

------------------
Wheeelersburg Correctional Facility
Inmate #05301999

TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

- posted      Profile for TSN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
*wonders if bryce said "dedicated" on purpose* *grin*

------------------
"Look into any eyes you find by you; you can see clear to another day..."
-The Grateful Dead, "Box of Rain"

WAYNE_UK
Ex-Member

The USS Furious - "Who Dares Wins"
wait, cant you remember that episode, thats casue there wasnt one, its from startrek defender at
http://members.tripod.co.uk/defender/Defender1/index.htm
its an online series

------------------
Anyone noticed how the best thing about startrek is the english blokes?

Federation Shipmaster
Kai Tak Pilot
Member # 15

- posted      Profile for Federation Shipmaster     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The Enterprise-A had a different plaque in ST4.
Galen
Member # 72

- posted      Profile for Galen     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
We saw the Raven's plaque. It merely says Raven and has a picture of a bird in fligt IIRC.

------------------
How many people does it take Admiral before it becomes wrong?

Lindsly
Ex-Member

In the episode "Second Sight", a dedication plate can be seen for the USS Prometheus(NCC-71201)on the back wall of the bridge.
Sirmaniac
Ex-Member

Someone somewhere was able to give the Construction Base for the Tsiolkovsky. Does anyone here know?
Federation Shipmaster
Kai Tak Pilot
Member # 15

- posted      Profile for Federation Shipmaster     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I think it might have been Yoyodyne.
Brown_supahero
Member # 83

- posted      Profile for Brown_supahero     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Tsiolkovsky plaque was written in Russian, wasn't it?
Aethelwer
Frank G
Member # 36

- posted      Profile for Aethelwer     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The name was, at least. I have an image somewhere...

------------------
http://frankg.dgne.com/
Motormaster: "Megatron's in trouble!"
Dead End: "Who cares?"
Wildrider: "It looks like Starscream's defeated him!"
Dead End: "So?"

Lindsly
Ex-Member

The answer I believe to the question-Where was the USS Tsiolkovsky built?-is the Baikonur Cosmodrome in central Russia.
BTW, the USS Valiant had a plaque as well.

CaptSershek
Ex-Member

The dedication plaques would help me not only for the wonderful and witty quotes but for launch dates of the starships shown to give a continuty, like, for example, the 2 Prometheus' and so forth as well as the other bridges we have seen so far.

------------------
Remember when we used to be explorers? - Capt. Jean-Luc Picard - Star Trek Insurrection

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps