Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Star Trek » Starships & Technology » Star Trek Voyager/Game refrences. (Page 1)

This topic comprises 6 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6   
Author Topic: Star Trek Voyager/Game refrences.
Wes
Over 20 years here? Holy cow.
Member # 212

- posted      Profile for Wes     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
As anyone noticed these?

1) Unimatrix Zero pt II - The free-Borg occupied Sphere sat in a greenish-yellow Metaphasic-like Nebula. The Klingon in charge of the sphere states that they are regenerating and will be ready for the attack. Metaphasic Nebula is what is used to rush repair rates in Star Trek Armada.

-- OK that was a bit of a strech. But this one is a bit better --

2) Lineage - Paris and Torres are in thier quarters complaining about all the free (unwanted) advice they are getting about thier new child. Tom mentions that Chell said something... Chell is the Bolian introduced in Elite Force.

-- That one is pretty close to a full refrence, by what I saw, how close Paramount and the Voyager cast/crew were durret the development of Elite Force and the advertizing between Voyager (the show) and that game, I wonder if we will see a couple or subtle, or even better, a couple distinct refrences to the events and characters from Star Trek games --

------------------
Wes Button[email protected]
TechFX GraphicsThe United Federation UplinkAxisIRC
------------------
Janeway: "Dimissed"
Neelix: [stands there dumbfounded] "b..but.."
Janeway: "That's Starfleet for get out"

Wes
Over 20 years here? Holy cow.
Member # 212

- posted      Profile for Wes     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I realize this shouldnt really be here, oter then the fact that I mention a Borg Sphere. But anyway....

------------------
Wes Button[email protected]
TechFX GraphicsThe United Federation Uplink
------------------
Janeway: "Dimissed"
Neelix: [stands there dumbfounded] "b..but.."
Janeway: "That's Starfleet for get out"

Fabrux
Epic Member
Member # 71

- posted      Profile for Fabrux     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Actually, Chell was in "Learning Curve", IIRC.

------------------
Chickety china, the chinese chicken, you have?

TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

- posted      Profile for TSN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
"Paris and Torres are in thier quarters complaining about all the free (unwanted) advice they are getting about thier new child."

Erm... Did I miss that one?

------------------
My new year's resolution is the same as last year's: 1024x768.

Fabrux
Epic Member
Member # 71

- posted      Profile for Fabrux     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It's from the newest ep, I think. I missed it myself.

------------------
Chickety china, the chinese chicken, you have?

PsyLiam
Hungry for you
Member # 73

- posted      Profile for PsyLiam     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
HnnnnnnnnnnngggggggSPOILER WARNINGhnnnnnnnnnnggggg.

See, THIS is the type of spoiler that annoys me. Not that it's told without any warning, it's the fact that it's not even necessary. How hard would it have been to say "In lineage, Paris mentions that Chell said something to him"? Hmm?

------------------
"And Mojo was hurt and I would have kissed his little boo boo but then I realized he was a BAD monkey so I KICKED HIM IN HIS FACE!"
-Bubbles

Lee
I'm a spy now. Spies are cool.
Member # 393

- posted      Profile for Lee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Tough. That ep, was, like, totally a whole week ago. And mah Daddy says them thar varmints that don't live in the land of the free ain't worth botherin' yerselves about.

------------------
"Businesses used to be like Christianity; if you were faithful and obedient, you could obtain bliss in the afterlife of retirement. Now it's more of a reincarnation model. If the worker learns enough in his current job, he can progress to a higher level of employment elsewhere."

- Dogbert

Hobbes
 Homicidal Psycho Jungle Cat 
Member # 138

- posted      Profile for Hobbes     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Goddamn college basketball pre-empted Voyager again, and I forgot about it on Saturday!!!

And they're right, Chell isn't from Elite Force, but was already around.

------------------
"Great Idea!!" - DARKSTAR
Federation Starship Datalink: Brand new look, fresh minty scent, same great taste!

[This message has been edited by Hobbes (edited January 28, 2001).]

Aban Rune
Former ascended being
Member # 226

- posted      Profile for Aban Rune     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
He was also in this season's ep that dealt with the Maquis. Talkative as ever.

------------------
"You don't tug on Superman's cape.
You don't spit into the wind.
You don't pull the mask off the ole' Lone Ranger
And you don't mess around with Jim."
Aban's Illustration www.alanfore.com

TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

- posted      Profile for TSN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yes, after I posted my confusion early Saturday morning, I discovered that that was the episode set to air on Saturday night, i.e. the current episode.

------------------
My new year's resolution is the same as last year's: 1024x768.

PsyLiam
Hungry for you
Member # 73

- posted      Profile for PsyLiam     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Which EVERYONE should have seen by now. Why wouldn't you have seen it? It was on TV. Unless you non-American places have different TV, or something weird like that.

------------------
"And Mojo was hurt and I would have kissed his little boo boo but then I realized he was a BAD monkey so I KICKED HIM IN HIS FACE!"
-Bubbles

Aban Rune
Former ascended being
Member # 226

- posted      Profile for Aban Rune     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
What the hell was that for? No one posted any spoilers.

------------------
"You don't tug on Superman's cape.
You don't spit into the wind.
You don't pull the mask off the ole' Lone Ranger
And you don't mess around with Jim."
Aban's Illustration www.alanfore.com

Nim
The Aardvark asked for a dagger
Member # 205

- posted      Profile for Nim     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The swedish TV network has just aired "The Gift", ok? The imported tapes from London, which I pay 25$ for btw, are currently on "The Haunting Of Deck Twelve"/"Unimatrix, Pt I", as goes for the rest of Europe. Have a care. It was the same with the leaked

$$$$$$$$$$

destruction of the Delta Flyer. Some may regard it unimportant, but please, let us decide for ourselves...

------------------
Here lies a toppled god,
His fall was not a small one.
We did but build his pedestal,
A narrow and a tall one.

-Tleilaxu Epigram

Lee
I'm a spy now. Spies are cool.
Member # 393

- posted      Profile for Lee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
1) Unimatrix Zero pt II - The free-Borg occupied Sphere sat in a greenish-yellow Metaphasic-like Nebula. The Klingon in charge of the sphere states that they are regenerating and will be ready for the attack. Metaphasic Nebula is what is used to rush repair rates in Star Trek Armada.

Many people outside the land of the free haven't seen "Unimatrix Zero Part II." In fact, "Equinox Part II" hasn't been shown on the BBC yet! So references to 'Free Borg' and them attacking other Borg are definite spoilers.

quote:
2) Lineage - Paris and Torres are in thier quarters complaining about all the free (unwanted) advice they are getting about thier new child. Tom mentions that Chell said something... Chell is the Bolian introduced in Elite Force.

The mere fact that Torres & Paris are having a child is a major spoiler. And, given that people in America who have sex when they're not married die instant horrible deaths, it's not that much of a deductive stretch for anyone who didn't suffer your High School system to conclude they must be married - another spoiler.

------------------
"Businesses used to be like Christianity; if you were faithful and obedient, you could obtain bliss in the afterlife of retirement. Now it's more of a reincarnation model. If the worker learns enough in his current job, he can progress to a higher level of employment elsewhere."

- Dogbert

Starbuck
"Replicate some marmalade, Commander - helm control is toast!"
Member # 153

- posted      Profile for Starbuck     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Don't Paris and Torres get married in "Course: Oblivion!"? I'm sure THAT's been on in England...

------------------
"Replicate some marmalade, Commander - helm control is toast!"

This topic comprises 6 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps