Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Star Trek » Starships & Technology » Favorite Ship (Page 1)

This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   
Author Topic: Favorite Ship
Fabrux
Epic Member
Member # 71

- posted      Profile for Fabrux     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hey everyone. I just decided that I would post this thread so everyone could name their favorite ship and talk about it. I would have to think long and hard to name my favorite ship, but once I think of it, I will post it here.

------------------
"Please state the nature of the medical emergency."
-LMH

Federation Shipmaster
Kai Tak Pilot
Member # 15

- posted      Profile for Federation Shipmaster     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
9. Akyazi/Akula/Arbiter
8. Norway
7. Nebula
6. Reliant
5. Centaur
4. Enterprise
3. Defiant
2. Excelsior
1. Akira

RW
Member # 27

- posted      Profile for RW     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 

Nothing beats the grace of the excelsior.

WAYNE_UK
Ex-Member

- posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
the Akira is the best best, its a geezers ship, though the steamrunner is also good.

------------------
Anyone noticed how the best thing about startrek is the english blokes?

IP: Logged
Fabrux
Epic Member
Member # 71

- posted      Profile for Fabrux     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well, I guess I've made my descision.....my favorite ship is........U.S.S. Bellerephon NCC-74750

Next in line is my own creation, the U.S.S. Lake Charles NCC-77222
I admit, it's not all that good, but I like it......I hope some other people out there like it, too. PLease fell free to make a 3d model of it if you like, just let me know...I'd like to see it in 3d

------------------
EMH Mk2: "They must still think there's Romulans on board!"
EMH: "They're right!!"

[This message was edited by Fabrux on March 20, 1999.]

Aethelwer
Frank G
Member # 36

- posted      Profile for Aethelwer     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
My favorite is the Yorkshire-class, because we've never seen it.

Aside from that, my favorite would probably be any of the FC ships. Pick one.

(You know, ILM designed the Excelsior too. They should do more Trek ships.)

------------------
http://frankg.dgne.com/
Dead End: "If we surrender our energon we're doomed."
Breakdown: "And if we don't we're doomed too."
Dead End: "Face it. We're doomed."

First of Two
Better than you
Member # 16

- posted      Profile for First of Two     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
My favorite ship is the as-yet-unposted INVICTUS, follwed by a few of Cargile's, RW's, and Baloo's ships, and the Sentinel, followed by the Prometheus.

------------------
*I only SEEM Normal*

Sidewinder
Member # 50

- posted      Profile for Sidewinder     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Defiant all the way. Love her power and bad ass attitude.

------------------
There's a lady who knows, all that glitters is gold...and she's buying a stairway to heaven.

Elim Garak
Plain and simple
Member # 14

- posted      Profile for Elim Garak     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Sabre-class ships!

------------------
"Audaces fortuna juvat."
"Fortune favours the bold."

Baloo
Curmudgeon-in-Chief
Member # 5

- posted      Profile for Baloo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
First of Two: Which ones of Cargile's RW's and Baloo's ships?

My personal faves are (not all Trek, BTW):

1. The Original USS Enterprise. This ship was the first space craft to break away from the "rocket-or-a-flying-saucer" paradigm prevalent in television or the movies. Just looking at it you could immediately tell this wasn't just another rocket-powered airplane.

2. The C-57D from "Forbidden Planet". This was the first really well-thought-out spaceship in movie history (except for some of the rockets).

And

3. The Darkstar, from the movie of the same name. It looked cool and the inhabitants were quite amusing while they lived. Especially Sergeant Pinback.

--Baloo

------------------
    Carpe Canem!

The First One
A lovely little thinker, but a bugger when he's pissed
Member # 35

- posted      Profile for The First One         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
*bought Dark Star on video recently*

Gotta be the Akira and the Steamrunner. Some genuinely NEW concepts there. . . not variations on the original Enterprise (another favourite) or the Miranda. . .

Lindsly
Ex-Member

- posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The starship I like best is the USS Enterprise from the original series. This ship had a classy elegance which I feel is currently lacking in some of the newer starships. And, for the record, I despise most of the designs for the kit-bashed starships-Challenger Class, Cheyenne Class, Freedom Class, Niagara Class, etc.. Most of these designs are very hideous.
IP: Logged
AndrewR
Resident Nut-cache
Member # 44

- posted      Profile for AndrewR     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
OK, I have been in love with the Ambassador class, for quite a while now, it just has all the right elements, but maybe it also stems from my hope to see it on screen again...

but if not equal or above it or below it is the Constitution refit - that is one beautiful ship...

Andrew

------------------
With the first link, a chain is forged. The first speech censured, the first thought forbidden, the first freedom denied, chains us all
irrevocably." Capt. Jean-Luc Picard - The Drumhead

TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

- posted      Profile for TSN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Excelsior. Old-style, not refit.

------------------
"You're a looney."
-Graham Chapman, Monty Python and the Holy Grail

deadcujo
Spectator
Member # 13

- posted      Profile for deadcujo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Prometheus is my favorite...it just looks so neat.
Second would be the Ambassador ships.

------------------
The Unknown Vulcan

This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps