Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Star Trek » Starships & Technology » USS Zandura (Page 3)

This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   
Author Topic: USS Zandura
Bernd
Guy from Old Europe
Member # 6

- posted      Profile for Bernd     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I wonder how the lower nacelle pair is attached to the engineering hull (or is it still the saucer?). I think the ship would look very massive from the front. Nevertheless, it's still a well-balanced design. It looks like the nacelles are slanted like that:

/ \
\ /

so they wouldn't be too large for the ship. In any case I would have prefered this ship any time over the ugly Steamrunner.

------------------
"Species 5618, human. Warp-capable, origin grid 325, physiology inefficient, below average cranium capacity, minimum redundant systems, limited regenerative abilities."
Ex Astris Scientia

MIB
Ex-Member

- posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Nimrod: That line was from the Movie. Gerome said it.

------------------
"We have to get drunk immediately."----Gattaca

IP: Logged
Timo
Member # 245

- posted      Profile for Timo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
How does any part of the ship separate for atmospheric flight, for that matter? The only obvious seams are between the nacelles and their ramscoops. A ship consisting of the forward hull *and* the ramscoops wouldn't be very aerodynamic... And reattaching the ship to four free-floating nacelle aft ends would be a chore. Perhaps there were several versions of Zandura, and this one did not have the atmospherics yet / any more.

I agree that this looks like an Akira stablemate - somewhat newer than the angular Steamrunner and Sabre, somewhat closer to the Galaxy smoothness and roundness. If used, it would probably have been rendered in Akiraish white instead of Steamrunnerish dark grey.

Timo Saloniemi

MinutiaeMan
Living the Geeky Dream
Member # 444

- posted      Profile for MinutiaeMan     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Huh.

It takes a little getting used to, but I like it.

But it doesn't look seperable. Someone mentioned the seams between the nacelles and the ramscoops -- but the ramscoops are the only connect point for the nacelles -- they're not attached to the secondary hull. If you look at the top view, it seems that there's a kind of "valley" between the command section (bridge ridgeline) and the nacelles.

------------------
You know, you really should keep a personal log. Why bore others needlessly?
The Gigantic Collection of Star Trek Minutiae

This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2008 Solareclipse Network.