Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Star Trek » Starships & Technology » Second last ep of Voyager... $$ (Page 1)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: Second last ep of Voyager... $$
AndrewR
Resident Nut-cache
Member # 44

- posted      Profile for AndrewR     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
OK, if anyone has read the info about that episode, where the Voyager stumbles across a Fed science ship that was also pulled into the Delta Quadrant, what class of ship do you think it will be?

Oberth!?!

hmmmm

Andrew

------------------
With the first link, a chain is forged. The first speech censured, the first thought forbidden, the first freedom denied, chains us all
irrevocably." Capt. Jean-Luc Picard - The Drumhead

Krenim
Unholy Triangle Fella
Member # 22

- posted      Profile for Krenim     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
According to TrekToday, it will be Nova-class.

------------------
Ah... Now I enter these hallowed halls a conqueror... Yes...

-Megatron, "The Agenda, Part Three"

Sidewinder
Member # 50

- posted      Profile for Sidewinder     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Does anyone have a pic of a Nova? I've never seen one.

------------------
I can't remember my old signature file.

Aethelwer
Frank G
Member # 36

- posted      Profile for Aethelwer     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
No one else has, either.

------------------
http://frankg.dgne.com/
Wildrider: "These guys better have some energon for us!"
Dead End: "Or what?"
Wildrider: "Or...I'll think of something!"

AndrewR
Resident Nut-cache
Member # 44

- posted      Profile for AndrewR     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Imagine spending 75 years in an Oberth!

------------------
With the first link, a chain is forged. The first speech censured, the first thought forbidden, the first freedom denied, chains us all

Tachy
Ex-Member

- posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
My, are they finally getting somewhere, at Paramount ?

------------------
-- *GLARE* --

IP: Logged
Federation Shipmaster
Kai Tak Pilot
Member # 15

- posted      Profile for Federation Shipmaster     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
*sighs*
There is a non-canon Nova class. If you look in the back of the TNG Technical Manual, you will find that there are four proposed designs. The one with the circular hull and the fins from the nacelles is what it looks like. There are some meshes of it on the net somewhere.

Warped1701
Back from Vacation
Member # 40

- posted      Profile for Warped1701     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
But those were just proposed designs. With luck, the ship will be designed differently than the Nova's in the back of the TNGTM.

------------------
Risk is our business! That's what this starship is all about....that's why we're aboard her!"

Sidewinder
Member # 50

- posted      Profile for Sidewinder     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It will probably be some really old crappy design. *tear* After all it is really old if it is in the Delta.

------------------
There's a lady who knows, all that glitters is gold...and she's buying a stairway to heaven.

The_Tom
recently silent
Member # 38

- posted      Profile for The_Tom     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
INCOMING MONKEY WRENCH!

*ducks*

From http://www.weyoun.freeserve.co.uk/voy524.html

quote:
The Equinox was not pulled in by the Caretaker. In fact, Captain Ransom asks Janeway who the Caretaker is.

Start your engines. Lets hear some other explanations...

------------------
"Breen. Try saying it. Bre-een. Rolls nicely off the tongue, doesn't it?"

AndrewR
Resident Nut-cache
Member # 44

well, if you notice also they have met the Kazon, i rekon they were pulled through by the caretaker, but didn't meet him...

------------------

deadcujo
Spectator
Member # 13

- posted      Profile for deadcujo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Perhaps they were just excess garbage that got got pulled in...like the Maquis ship.

------------------
The morbid dog known as shaun lyle...

Sol System
two dollar pistol
Member # 30

- posted      Profile for Sol System     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I don't follow. The Maquis ship (Call it the Zola, if you'd like ) was grabbed on its own merits, before Voyager even got there.

------------------
"I'll be the sky above the Ganges
I'll be the vast and stormy sea.
I'll be the lights that guide you inward.
I'll be the visions you will see."
--
R.E.M.

Elim Garak
Plain and simple
Member # 14

- posted      Profile for Elim Garak     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yes, but they never really planned on talking with the Caretaker, did they?

I think I must agree with AndrewR as far as the explanation. They probably were pulled by Mr. Banjo, but never met him.

------------------
"Audaces fortuna juvat."
"Fortune favours the bold."

Montgomery
Reigning Supreme
Member # 23

- posted      Profile for Montgomery     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Whatever happened to wormholes? As a science ship, isn't it possible they were investigating some subspace gloopiness somewhere, saw a wormhole, and in the coarse of their scientific endeavours got washed away to the delta Quad?

------------------
"...And Monty fans may like to know about these special books, available from all good bookshops..."

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps