Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Star Trek » Starships & Technology » NEW (Old) Starship?!!!

Author Topic: NEW (Old) Starship?!!!
Montgomery
Reigning Supreme
Member # 23

- posted      Profile for Montgomery     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Way back when, right back to the dawn of TNG.
In "The Naked Now", wind your video to the precession of images that flash infront of Data just as Riker realises he's looking for the history of the Enterprise.

Alongside images of Klingon ships, a parrot and an Excelsior there is a fleeting glimpse of a very odd ship. Two nacelles, but long flat and thin. Almost like it was some kind of Federation freighter.

My guess is it's a "unofficial" design that was made in the 80s, but it's presence MAKES it canon. Anybody got a picture, or other ideas?
I'd like to try and integrate this class into the fleet somewhere.

------------------
"...And Monty fans may like to know about these special books, available from all good bookshops..."

Aethelwer
Frank G
Member # 36

- posted      Profile for Aethelwer     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
That would be this ship. I think it's supposed to be an alien one, actually.

------------------
http://frankg.dgne.com/
Grimlock: "You are creator?"
Primacron: "Unfortunately...yes."

Sidewinder
Member # 50

- posted      Profile for Sidewinder     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Sort of looks similar to a Negh'Var, but changed around.

------------------
There's a lady who knows, all that glitters is gold...and she's buying a stairway to heaven.

Galen
Member # 72

- posted      Profile for Galen     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Isn't that the ship that someone once identified (I think it was IdentityCrisis) as a FASA created Orion vessel?

------------------
How many people does it take Admiral before it becomes wrong?

Aethelwer
Frank G
Member # 36

- posted      Profile for Aethelwer     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yes, it was something like that.

------------------
http://frankg.dgne.com/
Grimlock: "You are creator?"
Primacron: "Unfortunately...yes."

First of Two
Better than you
Member # 16

- posted      Profile for First of Two     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
If I'm not mistaken (and I'm not), that ship is FASA's "Orion Blockade Runner," and was even made into a pewter miniature. I remember seeing it among other miniatures in ads in the old Star Trek :TNG magazines.

------------------
*I only SEEM Normal*

Captain Stark
Member # 70

- posted      Profile for Captain Stark     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yes that is the Orion ship from FASA. It is one of their commons ships (the other being the Lightning Class Blocade Runner). I don't have my books here at work but I believe it is called the Wanderer Class Blockade Runner. I believe one theory is that this was the class that attacked the Enterprise durring the episode Journey to Babel.

Between this and the Star Trek IV Alien discussion I'm going to have to pull out my old FASA books.

Here is another FASA tidbit for you. In the TNG episode Contagion, Data is agian looking through various files and images. One of the images that comes up is the FASA designed Lotus Class Freighter that was posted by FASA to be the same class as the Kobayashi Maru.

I know there are other FASA tidbits in different episodes but I don't have them all listed.

------------------
-=/\=-
Captain Stark
http://members.aol.com/captaincks/readyroom.html

"The man on the top walks a lonly path. The chain of command is often a noose." Dr. Leonard McCoy --Obsession

Captain Stark
Member # 70

- posted      Profile for Captain Stark     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Looking again at the above posted image the top image is upside down. This is one of the Okudagrams I would love to get my hands on because I'd love to read the description posted at the very top of the display.

------------------
-=/\=-
Captain Stark
http://members.aol.com/captaincks/readyroom.html

"The man on the top walks a lonly path. The chain of command is often a noose." Dr. Leonard McCoy --Obsession

deadcujo
Spectator
Member # 13

- posted      Profile for deadcujo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It sure is ugly

------------------
The morbid dog known as shaun lyle...

TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

- posted      Profile for TSN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
*remembers pointing out that Orion ship a long time ago* Of course, no-one ever mentioned that it was an Orion ship then... :-)

------------------
"Look into any eyes you find by you; you can see clear to another day..."
-The Grateful Dead, "Box of Rain"

Identity Crisis
Defender of the Non-Canon
Member # 67

- posted      Profile for Identity Crisis     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yup, it is an Orion 'Wanderer' class Blockade Runner from FASA.

Oh, and it was made into a lead (well, lead alloy actually) miniature, not a pewter one. This was back before the stupid ban on lead miniatures.

------------------
-->Identity Crisis<--

Montgomery
Reigning Supreme
Member # 23

- posted      Profile for Montgomery     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Interesting.....
*wonders if they painted it green?*

------------------
"...And Monty fans may like to know about these special books, available from all good bookshops..."

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps