Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums
Topic Closed  Topic Closed
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Star Trek » Starships & Technology » copyright stuff (Page 2)

This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   
Author Topic: copyright stuff
TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

- posted      Profile for TSN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Well, the Akira thing, put shortly, was the latest war between the Vorlon and Tachy, which resulted in Vorlon's being fired as an admin/mod. That's all I'm gonna say.

And I think this whole thing has gone a bit far. I think, and correct me if I'm wrong, that Tachy's original complaint was just about the wording of the rules, which seems to suggest that no copyrighted material can be posted at all. Obviously, that was not the intent of the rule.

------------------
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."
-Albert Einstein

AndrewR
Resident Nut-cache
Member # 44

- posted      Profile for AndrewR     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
ahhhhhh okies thanks - I think i ran into something that i shouldn't have - but its not gonna stop me posting (self inspiration ;o))

also, excuse the ;o) - i'm used to doing ';o)'s

thanks

Landru, errrr Andrew

------------------
With the first link, a chain is forged. The first speech censured, the first thought forbidden, the first freedom denied, chains us all
irrevocably." Capt. Jean-Luc Picard - The Drumhead

Cargile
Nobody Special
Member # 45

- posted      Profile for Cargile     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
No, I was asking a straight forward question. The answer being that you were being funny. Cool. The rest of my opinions was seperated from that query by a single space to indicate change of topic.

------------------
. . .I don't believe in God, I just believe in me.
--John Lennon

Tachy
Ex-Member

- posted            Edit/Delete Post 
*sees the replies counter & also sees all the answers that are drifting & drifting from the initial subject*

------------------
-- *GLARE* --

IP: Logged
Tachy
Ex-Member

maybe the thread should be locked before i start harmin people.

------------------
-- *GLARE* --

Cargile
Nobody Special
Member # 45

- posted      Profile for Cargile     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
hehe

who are you harming?

------------------
. . .I don't believe in God, I just believe in me.
--John Lennon

Curry Monster
Somewhere in Australia
Member # 12

- posted      Profile for Curry Monster     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Or, conversely you could just keep your mouth shut =).

------------------
I drink therefore I am.

-Descartes

AndrewR
Resident Nut-cache
Member # 44

- posted      Profile for AndrewR     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
okies, Carlile - I thought you were having a go at me...

and as above, for what i've already said.

Don't touch - Willy
hmmmm good advice.

Andrew

------------------
With the first link, a chain is forged. The first speech censured, the first thought forbidden, the first freedom denied, chains us all

Tachy
Ex-Member

That one's for ya, Cargile

------------------
-- *GLARE* --

Federation Shipmaster
Kai Tak Pilot
Member # 15

- posted      Profile for Federation Shipmaster     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Ummm...it doesn't say U.S.S. Thunderchild on the saucer.
Aethelwer
Frank G
Member # 36

- posted      Profile for Aethelwer     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
And such a tragedy that is, Shipmaster, yup.

------------------
http://frankg.dgne.com/
Wildrider: "These guys better have some energon for us!"
Dead End: "Or what?"
Wildrider: "Or...I'll think of something!"

AndrewR
Resident Nut-cache
Member # 44

OK, is that pic of the Akira, the same stuff that was being discussed over at TNO forums?

It doesn't seem as refined...

whats with the bussard collectors!?!

------------------

Baloo
Curmudgeon-in-Chief
Member # 5

- posted      Profile for Baloo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
They look like they're about to explode!

DUCK!

------------------
The hyperhamster is alive and well.

TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

- posted      Profile for TSN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
*shoots at the duck* Damn. Missed... :-)

Anyway, to answer the question, Tachy has a tendency to get a bit... excessive... when it comes to Bussards and nacelle grills... *L*

------------------
"Look into any eyes you find by you; you can see clear to another day..."
-The Grateful Dead, "Box of Rain"

Katana
Ex-Member

*disengage lurking field*

It all comes down to what you like and dislike, and of course which side of the whole thing you are on.

Both meshes and textures are very good ... some of the best ever, I have seen both in extreem detail, and they are amazing. The new version has the advantage of some mesh corrections that make it a more accurate mesh, but more importantly Pedro's textures are more subtile than Vorlons. That is not to say that Vorlon's textures are not good, in fact I was blown away by them when I first saw them, but his are higher contrast which at first glance may make his look more detailed. but on the new version, the textures are always a surprise ... especially when you zoom in on the ship.

I have never seen the set of textures that Vorlon did (he never shared them with the group), but I did get to see many high-res renderings of them and in no way can Pedro's textures be called less refined, if anything they are more complex.

And now for the qualifying statment .... IMHO.

------------------
Engage lurking field.

This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   

Open Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps