Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Star Trek » Starships & Technology » Flash Back Klingon Ship Answer! (D7)

Author Topic: Flash Back Klingon Ship Answer! (D7)
[email protected]
Ex-Member

- posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
If anybody will look at Voyager's Flash Back episode there is a shot of Kang's ship just before Rand reports that they're being hailed, that shot of Kang's ship shows the disruptors on the bottom of the nacelle.

JDW

------------------

IP: Logged
Hobbes
 Homicidal Psycho Jungle Cat 
Member # 138

- posted      Profile for Hobbes     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I saw "Flash back" last night. My question is why the uncomfortable bunks with no sheets and everyone sleeps in their uniforms.

------------------
"Let me ask you something, Mr. Garibaldi, a purely philosophical question. On a scale of 1 to 10, how stupid do you think I am anyway?" - Bester
Federation Starship Datalink: Brand new look, fresh minty scent, same great taste!

AndrewR
Resident Nut-cache
Member # 44

- posted      Profile for AndrewR     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The possibility of immediate hostilities!?!

What about the people in bunks that were shown in ST:IV they were thrown out of their bunks when the ship got hit with fire... I'm sure they were in PJs?

------------------
Homer: I'm gonna miss Springfield. This town's been awfully good to us.
Bart: No, it hasn't, Dad. That's why we're leaving.
Homer: Oh, yeah. [pokes his head out the window] So long, Stinktown!

Nim
The Aardvark asked for a dagger
Member # 205

- posted      Profile for Nim     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I only remember that redhead girl in TUC who had her face buried in the pillow. That was nice. And jammies too!

------------------
Don't kill me, I'm charming!

Timo
Member # 245

- posted      Profile for Timo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The quarters in "Flashback" seemed much like a "ready room" style arrangement to me, instead of permanent quarters - but how "ready" could they be, if the corridor outside had a label showing these *bridge* officers were on deck *seven*?

It was still typical in TNG "Lower Decks" for four junior officers to bunk together in the same quarters, even if those were a bit more luxurious than in "Flashback". So in that respect, there's no problem with the Voyager episode.

Then again, Valtane was NOT a junior officer in the movie, but a commander of some sort, and apparently the chief science officer. Probably this Dmitri guy Tuvok saw die was the less successful twin brother of Cmdr Boris Valtane, Excelsior CSO. The real Cmdr Valtane was still alive at the end of the movie - or then his crewmates did a good job at holding his body upright for the final "group photo" of Sulu and crew (when the two ships part and Kirk steers his vessel to that suicide run into the Khitomer sun...).

Timo Saloniemi

Aban Rune
Former ascended being
Member # 226

- posted      Profile for Aban Rune     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
See, "Flashback" never establishes that Valtane wasn't saved, though. True, the virus sensed his impending death and moved on, and he may have even died there on the floor, but who's to say they didn't revive him? I would submit that it could be the same guy...

------------------
"The sons of the Prophet were valiant and bold,
And quite unacustomed to fear.
But, of all, the most reckless, or so I am told,
Was Abdulah Boul Boul Ameer."
Aban's Illustration www.alanfore.com

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps