Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Star Trek » Starships & Technology » Star Trek Fact Files

Author Topic: Star Trek Fact Files
Foofer
Ex-Member

- posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Does anyone know what the total amount of issues there are for the Star Trek Fact Files?

My newsagent first told me 90, then it shot up to 192 then I see a website saying they are up to issue 228. I can't afford to keep collecting a never ending series of issues.

I also intend to sell my star trek fact files. I have already collected 187 issues.

------------------
CHEESE :)

IP: Logged
Lee
I'm a spy now. Spies are cool.
Member # 393

- posted      Profile for Lee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
God only knows. In the UK it's been running for four years. . . makes me glad I never even considered collecting them. Anytime I start to regret all the great stuff I might have missed,I just look at some of the Phaser scans people have done for me - The actual text and labels are so inane (although the diags ARE good for themost part).

------------------
Phasers

Masao
doesn't like you either
Member # 232

- posted      Profile for Masao     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I see that in the magazine too. For example, they'll say that something about the Constellation being different from most starfleet ships in having four nacelles rather than only two. Are we that stupid? Of course, they include only on screen information, so they often have very little to work with. They almost never speculate. Writing inane drivel is actually quite hard.

------------------
When you're in the Sol system, come visit the Starfleet Museum

Sol System
two dollar pistol
Member # 30

- posted      Profile for Sol System     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The magazine is a mixed bag for the same reasons. However, I think the quality of most of the diagrams makes up for the sillyness of the callouts. Plus there are some interesting behind the scenes articles. I've quit buying it regularly, but that wasn't due to any percieved lack of quality on my part.

------------------
OH NO< THE OLD MAN WALKS HIS GREEN DOG THAT SHOTS PINBALLS!~!!!
--
Jeff K
Read three (three!) chapters of "Dirk Tungsten in...The Disappearing Planet" and nothing at all will happen.

AndrewR
Resident Nut-cache
Member # 44

- posted      Profile for AndrewR     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I bought the first 5 or so releases and realised that these Fact Files could theoretically go on forever. Each issue could have any stupid little detail. And With a new series... I worked out it'd be over 1000 bucks - but it's probably more now. I've got enough to worry about, getting the bloody videos!

------------------
Homer: I'm gonna miss Springfield. This town's been awfully good to us.
Bart: No, it hasn't, Dad. That's why we're leaving.
Homer: Oh, yeah. [pokes his head out the window] So long, Stinktown!

[This message has been edited by AndrewR (edited May 19, 2001).]

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps