Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Star Trek » Starships & Technology » Drawing the NCC-1701

Author Topic: Drawing the NCC-1701
Fleet Captain
Ex-Member

- posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hello all
I'm new here to the forum and I have a question I hope
you can answer.
I'm working on drawing various Starships and wanted to
draw up a good version of the NCC-1701 (movie version)
for reference as a starting point. I'm wondering what
book or website has the most accurate picture to work
from.
I've got several books to work from, and I think that
either the exterior diagrams from "Mr. Scott's Guide..." or "Ships of the Star Fleet" have the best drawings, but I'm not entirely sure.

Any help would be appreciated.

------------------

IP: Logged
AndrewR
Resident Nut-cache
Member # 44

- posted      Profile for AndrewR     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Did you want Diagrams or pictures... for nice pictures try "The Art of Star Trek" or for a nice cover picture try "Star Trek: A History In Pictures" One of the two alternate covers was a new pic with the NCC-1701 refit/A.

------------------
Homer: I'm gonna miss Springfield. This town's been awfully good to us.
Bart: No, it hasn't, Dad. That's why we're leaving.
Homer: Oh, yeah. [pokes his head out the window] So long, Stinktown!

MIB
Ex-Member

ahhhhh. A newbie. Before you can become one of us, you have to go through certian tests (some of them painful) to see if you are worthy of a fine forum establishment such as this! MUHAHAHAHAHA!!

------------------
"I don't mind being called a liar when I'm lying, or am about to lie, or have just finished lying, but NOT WHEN I'M TELLING THE TRUTH!------Homer Simpson.

[This message has been edited by MIB (edited May 22, 2001).]

Treknophyle
Member # 509

- posted      Profile for Treknophyle     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Welcome.

Try Bernd's Ex Astris Scientia

Cool site - plenty od schematics.

------------------
Faster than light - no left or right.

MIB
Ex-Member

Yes. Ex Astris Scientia is the BEST starship website to have ever existed with the exception of Utopia Planitia 1 and 2. (Both sites were kick ass!!) Speaking of which, What ever happened to UP3? I e-mailed them once or twice before offering my help, but I never got a reply from the creators telling me what I can do.

------------------
"I don't mind being called a liar when I'm lying, or am about to lie, or have just finished lying, but NOT WHEN I'M TELLING THE TRUTH!-----Homer Simpson.

akb1979
Just loves those smilies!
Member # 557

- posted      Profile for akb1979     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Try: http://www.shipschematics.net/

Unfortunately the site is experiencing bandwidth problems - whatever that means - but if you put a search through Yahoo! "ship schematics" or "starship schematics" or something close to these, you should get LOADS of sites to chose from.

Or, these might be of interest to you; http://flareupload.hypermart.net/files/heavycruiser_constttn_up2.jpg
And http://flareupload.hypermart.net/files/heavycruiser_enterprise.jpg

Both are from the site mentioned above.

[This message has been edited by akb1979 (edited May 22, 2001).]

Nim
The Aardvark asked for a dagger
Member # 205

- posted      Profile for Nim     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
MIB: How's your boots? Good and comfy? What? A bit tight? I see...
Guys, what should we do?

------------------
"Babies haven't any hair;
old men's heads are just as bare;
between the cradle and the grave
lies a haircut and a shave."

Samuel Hoffenstein

MIB
Ex-Member

ummmmm ok. Is this supposed to be a hint of some kind? Assume I'm an ideot. Just tell me what you're hinting at.

------------------
"I don't mind being called a liar when I'm lying, or am about to lie, or have just finished lying, but NOT WHEN I'M TELLING THE TRUTH!-----Homer Simpson.

Fleet Captain
Ex-Member

I have seen most of those websites before, and while useful, they don't have quite what I'm looking for.
I have several books with schematics (such as Mr Scott's Guide to the Enterprise; Ships of the Star Fleet; And Jackill's.)

What I'm wondering is, are any of the schematics better (or more accurate) than any of the others. I believe that the Jackill's aren't quite as accurate
(in addition to the smaller picture size)

Thanks

Zor Prime
Ex-Member

I assume the most accurate would be the Motion Picture blueprints.
Drawn by Andrew Probert (?)
The ones in Scott's Guide are the exact same ones I think (except for the cross section).

Treknophyle
Member # 509

- posted      Profile for Treknophyle     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Without tooting my own horn - try Starfleet Prototype. The drawings are vector-based (more accurate than hand-drawn) - and I think I included the Enterprise-A.

------------------
Faster than light - no left or right.

MrNeutron
Member # 524

- posted      Profile for MrNeutron     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Slightly off-topic...in the past I've seen people post images in their messages, but I can't seem to see a function for doing that here. Can anyone clue me in?

Thanks!

akb1979
Just loves those smilies!
Member # 557

- posted      Profile for akb1979     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Sadly the website mentioned in my previous message has now closed.

mrneutron: I think (more senior members please correct me if I am wrong) that you need to wait until you've made 50 messages in order to add an image into the message - I could be wrong, seeing as how I am fairly new to all of this.

To add links of pictures use the info below, kindly given to me by another (more senior) member of this forum. You know who you are - thanks!
http://flareupload.hypermart.net/psupload.htm
You can upload your pic here. Just search for you pic on your hard drive and click the button to upload.
The pic should be in this directory then. http://flareupload.hypermart.net/files/
Once you've uploaded, it'll tell you the link to it. You can copy that link and paste it in your message like I told you before.

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps