Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Star Trek » Starships & Technology » Galor class questions

Author Topic: Galor class questions
Michael Dracon
aka: NightWing or Altair
Member # 4

- posted      Profile for Michael Dracon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
1: Where are the impuls engines and warp nacelles on the Cardassian Galor (and Keldon) class ships??

2: What are the 4 'lights' on the front of the 'wings'??

------------------
"What you leave behind is not as important as how you've lived."

- Jean Luc Picard, 'Star Trek: Generations'

AndrewR
Resident Nut-cache
Member # 44

- posted      Profile for AndrewR     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Those orange lights ARE the warp engines - they are of the embedded variety... who knows what problems that has on the Cardassians inside.

------------------
The house is falling down, 'cause of my loose tounge.

Brown_supahero
Member # 83

- posted      Profile for Brown_supahero     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Engines do not necessarily be in the form of nacells. I agree with the engines being embeded into the ships super structure. Not all ships have to have plasma vents (the lit up part of the engine) look at the original Enterprise. It was just a cylinder

------------------
"Execute"
Captain Styles
USS Excelsior (ST III)
Hey I'm sick of "Engage"

Trinculo
Ex-Member

- posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Warp engines-
"Chain of Command, Part 1"
An okudagram from this episode shows the location of the warp engines. The warp engines are embedded within the wings, at the extreme edge of the wings.

Impulse engines-
"The Wounded"
These are in the tail of the ship. During the battle between the Enterprise and the Trager, the damage suffered by the Trager was said to be confined to the shields and impulse engines.

IP: Logged
Bernd
Guy from Old Europe
Member # 6

- posted      Profile for Bernd     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Having removed the labeling of the scanned Fact Files schematics, I will have look it up there again (although I remeber they confused something). Anyway, there are two attachments to the aft end of the wings which closely resemble Federation impulse engines.

------------------
I'm a doctor, not a bricklayer. (McCoy in "Devil in the Dark")
www.uni-siegen.de/~ihe/bs/startrek/

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps