Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Star Trek » Starships & Technology » status of the borg after endgame?

Author Topic: status of the borg after endgame?
TheF0rce
Member # 533

- posted      Profile for TheF0rce     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
so whats the status of the borg after "Endgame"...???

mind you I only ask this question after it has come to my attention that after watching Endgame----those who saw it are divided into two camps...[not talking about the hate or love Voyager camps]

one group interpreted that the borg are dead---[not the philosophical sense that the voyager writers have butchered then]...that they have truly met their demise.

the other camp think the borg are in a slightly worse position but they are in 90%functioning order for most of the collective.

what does everyone else here thinks?:
The status of the queen?

The status of the collective when the queen is dead and one of their major centers destroyed?

The status of borg transwarp network?

these three simple questions seem to have an amazing number of different interpretations
--each side i've read and heard have their good supporting facts as to why the collective have been destroyed or have survived.

[ May 27, 2001: Message edited by: TheF0rce ]

Tech Sergeant Chen
Member # 350

- posted      Profile for Tech Sergeant Chen         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
To paraphrase Spock, she's been dead before. This exact queen, in fact. It's Alice Krige, the same queen who died in First Contact. The Borg survived that, they'll survive this.

They will rebuild their transwarp network. It's just a matter of time. Whether the entire network was destroyed or just that one hub is unclear.

--------------------
Never give up. Never surrender.

Spike
Pathetic Vampire
Member # 322

- posted      Profile for Spike     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I think they're dead. Genocide-Kathy killed them all.

[ May 27, 2001: Message edited by: Spike ]

--------------------
"Never give up. And never, under any circumstances, no matter what - never face the facts." - Ruth Gordon

Siegfried
Fullmetal Pompatus
Member # 29

- posted      Profile for Siegfried     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I think the Borg are alive and kicking, but they're aren't in all that great of shape. Species 8472 took a lot out of the Borg. I don't think they've fully recovered from that deal. I think they've been dealt another blow, and they are really reeling.

One of their six transwarp hubs was taken out. This was also probably their newest hub since it had an exit point incredibly close to Earth. Voyager probably only took out that hub and it's conduits but not the entire system. It also probably took out all of the Borg vessels that were inside the conduits and in the vicinity of that hub.

The Queen isn't dead. There will be another built. She's survived Best of Both Worlds, First Contact, Dark Frontier, and Unimatrix 0. This is her most serious defeat, but she will be back eventually.

In all, I guess about a sixth of the Borg culture may have been taken out (going by six hubs with one sixth of the Borg fleet operating near one). I devastating blow to say the least if that's the case.

--------------------
The philosopher's stone. Those who possess it are no longer bound by the laws of equivalent exchange in alchemy. They gain without sacrifice and create without equal exchange. We searched for it, and we found it.

Sol System
two dollar pistol
Member # 30

- posted      Profile for Sol System     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It also depends on what happens next. We've likely got seven years of Enterprise coming up. No Borg there. (And even if those who think Braga is the whore of Babylon are right, they wouldn't be the Borg from after "Endgame." And it seems unlikely that the Borg will appear in another TNG film. (Though not, I suppose, impossible.) So we won't even get a chance to find out what happened to them for a long time, I think.
Spike
Pathetic Vampire
Member # 322

- posted      Profile for Spike     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It won't surprise me, if Braga finds a way to let the Borg appear in Enterprise (maybe they're traveling back in time to destroy the Enterprise or something else).

[ May 28, 2001: Message edited by: Spike ]

--------------------
"Never give up. And never, under any circumstances, no matter what - never face the facts." - Ruth Gordon

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps