Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Star Trek » Starships & Technology » Warbird (Page 1)

This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4   
Author Topic: Warbird
HALON
Ex-Member

- posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
since im new here and dont know as much as you all do,im not gonna say much..but personally i think the warbird is a sexy ship and i was wondering if you all knew where i can find a book with pics and specs on all of the star trek ships..if you do please let me know..email me if ya could.
thanks again.

IP: Logged
Sol System
two dollar pistol
Member # 30

- posted      Profile for Sol System     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Rather than e-mail, what if we talk about it here? That is rather the point of the place, after all.

Your request does not have any easy answer. The Romuland Warbird does not feature prominently in any tech book, aside from a brief mention at the back of the DS9 Technical Manual. I suppose you could pick that up. If it's just pictures you want, I'm sure there are several people here with a list of websites for you to check out.

Welcome to Flare.

Harry
Stormwind City Guard
Member # 265

- posted      Profile for Harry     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ooohh, nudie pics of a Warbird!!

--------------------
Titan Fleet Yards | Memory Alpha

Hobbes
 Homicidal Psycho Jungle Cat 
Member # 138

- posted      Profile for Hobbes     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Sweet! Look it that warbird strip her hull.

--------------------
I'm slightly annoyed at Hobbes' rather rude decision to be much more attractive than me though. That's just rude. - PsyLiam, Oct 27, 2005.

The359
The bitch is back
Member # 37

- posted      Profile for The359     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
oh...look at the nacelles on that bird....*drool*

--------------------
"Lotta people go through life doing things badly. Racing's important to men who do it well. When you're racing, it's life. Anything that happens before or after is just waiting."

-Steve McQueen as Michael Delaney, LeMans

The Red Admiral
Admiral on Deck....
Member # 602

- posted      Profile for The Red Admiral     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Whooooooa, that bird has one damn fine quantum singularity.....

--------------------
"To the Enterprise and the Stargazer. Old girlfriends we'll never meet again." - Scotty

Trekmania -My Comprehensive Trek Resource

The ASDB

Davok
Member # 143

- posted      Profile for Davok     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yeah, I'm pretty sure most singularities are attractive..
TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

- posted      Profile for TSN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Bet you'd like to get in her event horizon, eh?
Sol System
two dollar pistol
Member # 30

- posted      Profile for Sol System     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Jonathem Lethem wrote a novel called "As She Crawled Across The Table" that features a scientist who falls in love with a sentient black hole named Lack.
Harry
Stormwind City Guard
Member # 265

- posted      Profile for Harry     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
A sentient black hole?

This proves that even Bush *can* be intelligent.

--------------------
Titan Fleet Yards | Memory Alpha

Malnurtured Snay
Blogger
Member # 411

- posted      Profile for Malnurtured Snay     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Sentient black holes? I know lots. Kerry, Susan, Amy ... er, ah, um ... nevermind.

--------------------
www.malnurturedsnay.net

HALON
Ex-Member

Hmmm,well does anybody have any pics or links to some? on the ds9 manual, how much info does it give on the warbird?
Oh yeah thanks for tryin to help me out..

Ryan McReynolds
Minor Deity
Member # 28

- posted      Profile for Ryan McReynolds     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The DS9 Tech Manual gives all of the stats on the warbird... but you should be aware that the starship listing in the book is somewhat questionable in terms of accuracy. Rick Sternbach, author of the book, has confirmed as much. For what its worth, here's what it says...

D'DERIDEX-CLASS WARBIRD

PRODUCTION BASE: Unknown; Romulan Star Empire
TYPE: Heavy Cruiser
ACCOMMODATION: 1500 plus officers, crew, and troops
POWER PLANT: One artificial singularity-drive warp core feeding two nacelles; two impulse systems.
DIMENSIONS: Length, 1,041.65 meters; beam, 772.43 meters; height, 285.47 meters.
MASS: 4,320,000 metric tonnes (est.).
PERFORMANCE: Warp 9.6 (observed).
ARMAMENT: Six ship-mounted disruptors; two photon torpedo launchers.

-=Ryan McReynolds=-

HALON
Ex-Member

Hey thanks Ryan that helps me out alot..you really didnt have to go through the trouble...but thanks alot though now i just gotta work on pics and i have a question for everyone who wants to reply..
How does the warbird hold up against federation ships? ie... galaxy,nebula,and soveriegn class ships..

Sol System
two dollar pistol
Member # 30

Lack is male, by the way, at least in as much as a black hole can be said to have a gender. And it wasn't self-aware originally. That was the English department's fault.

It's a curious sort of book.

This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps