Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Star Trek » Starships & Technology » Enterprise Baby Pool #2: First Pictures (Page 2)

This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   
Author Topic: Enterprise Baby Pool #2: First Pictures
Aethelwer
Frank G
Member # 36

- posted      Profile for Aethelwer     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
September 26.
akb1979
Just loves those smilies!
Member # 557

- posted      Profile for akb1979     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Oh I see, it was a joke! Sorry, I had my brain pushed into "Serious" gear. Vampire, sucks blood - get it, got it - poor joke, but still funny.

I really need to work on my sense of humour.

--------------------
If you cant convince them, confuse them.

The Red Admiral
Admiral on Deck....
Member # 602

- posted      Profile for The Red Admiral     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hmmm. August 10th I reckon

--------------------
"To the Enterprise and the Stargazer. Old girlfriends we'll never meet again." - Scotty

Trekmania -My Comprehensive Trek Resource

The ASDB

The_Tom
recently silent
Member # 38

- posted      Profile for The_Tom     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
An actual picture: Aug 21... but rough sketches or a cutaway on a control panel might appear earlier.

--------------------
"I was surprised by the matter-of-factness of Kafka's narration, and the subtle humor present as a result." (Sizer 2005)

Lee
I'm a spy now. Spies are cool.
Member # 393

- posted      Profile for Lee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well, I never thought that last post would be so subject to misapprehension. Glad to know there were loads of people to explain it to Loseychops. 8)

And as for my .sig, you gotta remember my Dad is Scottish. Such blatantly American slang sounded hilarious coming from him. He's becoming seriously clued-in as it is, he even knew what happened in the Buffy finale! It was a bizarre conversation anyway, I used the term "stud muffin" then had to explain it to my Mum (unsuccessfully; what IS the definition of a stud muffin?).

--------------------
Never mind the Phlox - Here's the Phase Pistols

TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

- posted      Profile for TSN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Erm... I think it's basically just a physically attractive guy, isn't it? I don't know. Honestly, I don't usually call people that. Actually, I don't really ever call people that... *L*
Lee
Member # 393

- posted      Profile for Lee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yes, but you're a very boring person. I can't recall the exact context the term was used in, either describing someone ironically or being sarcastic about their own self-image.

--------------------

Treknophyle
Member # 509

- posted      Profile for Treknophyle     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
August 14.

There are now books devoted to the collection of (or creation of) obscure words to describe obscure concepts.

We need to invent one for the concept of beginning a thread on one topic "When will the first images of Enterprise be released?" and ending on another "My dad says Angel is a stud muffin".

'Non-sequitor' does not cover it. It has to be web-oriented, high-tech, and capable of crossing the planet is a few hours.

--------------------
'One man's theology is another man's belly laugh.' - Lazarus Long

TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

- posted      Profile for TSN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Terms for obscure concepts?
Lee
Member # 393

Oh, get pegged!

--------------------

PsyLiam
Hungry for you
Member # 73

- posted      Profile for PsyLiam     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
"And as for my .sig, you gotta remember my Dad is Scottish."

I'm sorry Lee. You have my sympathy

--------------------
Yes, you're despicable, and... and picable... and... and you're definitely, definitely despicable. How a person can get so despicable in one lifetime is beyond me. It isn't as though I haven't met a lot of people. Goodness knows it isn't that. It isn't just that... it isn't... it's... it's despicable.

The_Tom
recently silent
Member # 38

- posted      Profile for The_Tom     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It would appear Bernd is set to be our big winner, with his guess of July 9th right-on-the-nose of the release of a new TV Guide with a pull-out poster of the Enterprise in it. (One would guess this'll be a fairly detailed pic of the CGI model rather than a sketch, but no promises.) Now, this actual issue is dated for July 14th with a street date of the previous Monday (the 9th), but that might mean a few copies could be scanned earlier, possibly this weekend. *shrugs* I guess we'll have to wait and see.

But barring it appearing tomorrow, I think Bernd has it in the bag. Congrats, Bernd. Now let's hope he likes it... *ducks*

--------------------
"I was surprised by the matter-of-factness of Kafka's narration, and the subtle humor present as a result." (Sizer 2005)

Bernd
Guy from Old Europe
Member # 6

- posted      Profile for Bernd     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Actually I missed the correct date by one day (but I would have preferred if it had never been released).

--------------------
Bernd Schneider

The Red Admiral
Admiral on Deck....
Member # 602

- posted      Profile for The Red Admiral     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
LOL. I'd preferred it if they'd never even conceived of this damn series. It's gunna give me ulcers.

--------------------
"To the Enterprise and the Stargazer. Old girlfriends we'll never meet again." - Scotty

Trekmania -My Comprehensive Trek Resource

The ASDB

Mark Nguyen
I'm a daddy now!
Member # 469

- posted      Profile for Mark Nguyen     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Dr. Hunter guessed the date of the logo pic, which was the first real pic to hit the net, official or not.

Mark

--------------------
"This is my timey-wimey detector. Goes ding when there's stuff." - Doctor Who
The 404s - Improv Comedy | Mark's Starship Bridge Designs | Anime Alberta

This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps