Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Star Trek » Starships & Technology » Deneva-Class (Page 2)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: Deneva-Class
The Red Admiral
Admiral on Deck....
Member # 602

- posted      Profile for The Red Admiral     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The Deneva class ship in 'Legacy' is under scrutiny as we speak, I'll post the best screencap results as I can when they're ready.

Again, my point was to emphasize my doubts that the Merchantman was Deneva, (ie Starfleet), but I'll try and bring to light any similarity it may have with the Archos.

--------------------
"To the Enterprise and the Stargazer. Old girlfriends we'll never meet again." - Scotty

Trekmania -My Comprehensive Trek Resource

The ASDB

The Red Admiral
Admiral on Deck....
Member # 602

- posted      Profile for The Red Admiral     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Damn it, I'm really sorry, but the video quality I have of this episode just isn't good enough to get a good screen capture, virtually no useful detail can be seen at all. I need to get hold of a better quality recording of this ep. I'll have to hunt around for it. Again, sorry.

Any other screencap requests, lol!

[ July 04, 2001: Message edited by: The Red Admiral ]

--------------------
"To the Enterprise and the Stargazer. Old girlfriends we'll never meet again." - Scotty

The ASDB

Starship Freak
Member # 293

- posted      Profile for Starship Freak     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Actually Red admiral, I would still like to see the screencaps you�ve got, if that�s ok? I don�t care too much about the details, one can always get better later, but for now, any screencap will do.

--------------------
"The Starships of the Federation are the physical, tangible manifestations of Humanity´s stubborn insistence that life does indeed mean something."
Spock to Leonard McCoy in "Final Frontier"

colin
Member # 217

- posted      Profile for colin         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The Arcos, is she identified as a starship in the episode? The reason that I ask is that there are two basic categories of Federation ships:
1.) Starships. Identified with a USS and carrying either NCC- or NX- or NCV- as part of the registry. These ships are associated with Starfleet.
2.) Spaceships. Identified with a SS or no SS. Registries carry a three letter alpha system (ex. NAR-). These ships are not associated with Starfleet.

If the Arcos is not identified as a starship, then she is a non-Starfleet ship and her class may not be Deneva.

Dukhat
Hater of Stock Footage
Member # 341

- posted      Profile for Dukhat     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I don't remember what they said in the episode, but in the Encyclopedia, it is listed under the starships list as "U.S.S. Arcos" and given the class designation of Deneva. The unseen U.S.S. LaSalle starship is also of this class. IIRC, the crew wore uniforms similar to the crews of the Raman & the Norkova, which were both classified as Federation ships.

Red Admiral: A year ago I would have said, "screencaps of Wolf 359!", but that's been pretty much covered. How about some caps of the surplus depot from Unification Pt. I?

--------------------
"A film made in 2008 isn't going to look like a TV series from 1966 if it wants to make any money. As long as the characters act the same way, and the spirit of the story remains the same then it's "real" Star Trek. Everything else is window dressing." -StCoop

Aban Rune
Former ascended being
Member # 226

- posted      Profile for Aban Rune     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yes, IIRC, the crew of the Arcos wore the grey uniforms with the dark grey shoulder stripe like the scientists in "Who Watches the Watchers"

It's obvious that these uniforms are made to resemble standard starfleet uni's due to the way that shoulder stripe lays, but I don't know whwther they are actually Starfleet uniforms or something "Federation Science" uniforms. The scientists in "WWTW" seemed to be Starfleet scientists. They were bound by the Prime Directive.

--------------------
"Nu ani anqueatas"

Aban's Illustration
The Official Website of Shannon McRandle

AndrewR
Resident Nut-cache
Member # 44

- posted      Profile for AndrewR     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Red Admiral. Re Screen-caps - I was wondering if you could do some screen caps of the opening sequence in the DS9 episode "A Time To Stand" - there are several ships there, we've been wondering about, there are just NO good screen captures on the net of these ships.

1. The opening fleet
2. As many as you can of the Centaur.

Thankyou

Andrew

--------------------
"Bears. Beets. Battlestar Galactica." - Jim Halpert. (The Office)

I'm LIZZING! - Liz Lemon (30 Rock)

Aban Rune
Former ascended being
Member # 226

- posted      Profile for Aban Rune     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
There's a few at www.shiporama.org

--------------------
"Nu ani anqueatas"

Aban's Illustration
The Official Website of Shannon McRandle

Starship Freak
Member # 293

- posted      Profile for Starship Freak     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Dukhat: Well, I have a page on my site dedicated to the junkyard Qualor II surplus depot Z-15 seen in "Unification" with my own screencaps:
http://w1.314.telia.com/~u31412332/misc/qualor.htm

Andrew R: I have a few screencaps of that fleet:
http://w1.314.telia.com/~u31412332/new/flotta.htm
http://w1.314.telia.com/~u31412332/new/fedskepp.htm (see Tug)
http://w1.314.telia.com/~u31412330/star/attack.htm
http://w1.314.telia.com/~u31412332/scifi/star3.htm

--------------------
"The Starships of the Federation are the physical, tangible manifestations of Humanity´s stubborn insistence that life does indeed mean something."
Spock to Leonard McCoy in "Final Frontier"

AndrewR
Resident Nut-cache
Member # 44

- posted      Profile for AndrewR     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thanks for the links all, but I would really like to see Red Emperor's captures from that episode... the shiporama (Pedro's) captures for that episode are quite - dodgey at best. And FrankG doesn't seem to have this episode at his disposal...

So RE... if you would be so helpful...

it'd be GREAT!

if you can't, don't worry.

Thanks

Andrew (And I'm sure others who'll appreciate the following A Time To Stand Ship debate...)

PLUS, I'm sure that 'tug' is not Federation as per the fact-files/magazine... I mean it looks SO Klingon...

Andrew

--------------------
"Bears. Beets. Battlestar Galactica." - Jim Halpert. (The Office)

I'm LIZZING! - Liz Lemon (30 Rock)

The Red Admiral
Admiral on Deck....
Member # 602

...everybody- I've been a complete and utter asshole. After the first attempt to get any useful screencaps of the Archos, I inteded to return to recapture some as per pln'a'sovs request. But I then had to go out (This was Wednesday night), so I set a tape in my VCR to tape something. The one snag being, I forgot to reinsert a blank tape hence replacing the tape containing 'Legacy', and 3 others TNG episodes. And guess what, the whole the damn episode was taped over!!!

On this discovery, I spent the next half hour banging my head against the wall. So, I'm very sorry, there'll be no Archos caps for now, but that episode will rerun soon.

Qualor II and 'A Time to Stand' I can manage. I remove the erasure tabs first though, lol.

--------------------

The ASDB

The Red Admiral
Admiral on Deck....
Member # 602

I've added the screencap analysis in a new thread, as it doesn't relate to this Denava Class thread.

http://flare.solareclipse.net/cgi2/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic&f=6&t=001273

--------------------

The ASDB

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps