Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums
Topic Closed  Topic Closed
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Star Trek » Starships & Technology » Hermes/Saladin/Ptolemy (Page 6)

This topic comprises 11 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11   
Author Topic: Hermes/Saladin/Ptolemy
Fabrux
Epic Member
Member # 71

- posted      Profile for Fabrux     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Monkey Man: I like them too.

--------------------
I haul cardboard and cardboard accessories

TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

- posted      Profile for TSN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I would guess the Curry's nacelles were Miranda, not C-II. The pylons look like Miranda ones, and we already know they were using one for the Centaur...
Reverend
Based on a true story...
Member # 335

- posted      Profile for Reverend     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I agree.
& I'd really like to see some decient photos of the miniatures, since we still don't know how the curry's primary & secondary hulls connect.
Now that I think about it, I was watching "A Time to stand" the other day & there were two curry-types. Can anyone get a screen cap? it was on the far left of the screen, I'm fairly certain it was a sideview.

--------------------
Dark Knight Adventures & Batman Beyond:Stripped - DeviantArt Gallery
================================
...what we demand is a total absence of solid facts!

MIB
Ex-Member

- posted            Edit/Delete Post 
Actually Monkey, if I had to chosse between a Yeager and a holoship, I'd choose the holoship. However build the Yeager model obviously does not a have much preception when it comes to the size of different ships.
IP: Logged
MinutiaeMan
Living the Geeky Dream
Member # 444

- posted      Profile for MinutiaeMan     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I'd take the Holoship too. At least it's a well-thought-out design with a logical purpose and layout.

(Though I must say that the tri-nacelle Excelsior kitbash -- aka the Medusa -- is starting to grow on me.)

--------------------
“Those people who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do.” — Isaac Asimov
Star Trek Minutiae | Memory Alpha

Aban Rune
Former ascended being
Member # 226

- posted      Profile for Aban Rune     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I like all the new ships seen in DS9 too. The discussion was simply about how the models were contructed.

I do not, however, like the other ones in the Tech Manual. The Medusa has not grown on me even one tiny little bit since I first saw it

--------------------
"Nu ani anqueatas"

Aban's Illustration
The Official Website of Shannon McRandle

MIB
Ex-Member

- posted            Edit/Delete Post 
I say we have MinutiaeMan commited for starting to like the Medusa. All in favor???
IP: Logged
Aban Rune
Former ascended being
Member # 226

- posted      Profile for Aban Rune     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
*raises hand*

--------------------
"Nu ani anqueatas"

Aban's Illustration
The Official Website of Shannon McRandle

Reverend
Based on a true story...
Member # 335

- posted      Profile for Reverend     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Aye

--------------------
Dark Knight Adventures & Batman Beyond:Stripped - DeviantArt Gallery
================================
...what we demand is a total absence of solid facts!

Fabrux
Epic Member
Member # 71

- posted      Profile for Fabrux     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Nay.

--------------------
I haul cardboard and cardboard accessories

The Mighty Monkey of Mim
SUPPOSED TO HAVE ICE POWERS!!
Member # 646

- posted      Profile for The Mighty Monkey of Mim     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
NAY!!! BLASPHEMORS!!!

The tri-nacelled excelsior is cool!

--------------------
The flaws we find most objectionable in others are often those we recognize in ourselves.

MinutiaeMan
Living the Geeky Dream
Member # 444

- posted      Profile for MinutiaeMan     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by MIB:
I say we have MinutiaeMan commited for starting to like the Medusa. All in favor???

Thanks, but I've already been committed once...

[ July 03, 2001: Message edited by: MinutiaeMan ]

--------------------
“Those people who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do.” — Isaac Asimov
Star Trek Minutiae | Memory Alpha

Vanguard
Member # 1780

- posted      Profile for Vanguard     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by targetemployee:
The USS Enterprise is close to a million tons. ("Mudd's Women")

Scott's line was not meant to be taken literally. It was a hyperbolic statement meant to explain his frustration at the situation they were in, not be proof of the Enterprise's overall mass.

Next you'll tell me that Riker really DID serve aboard the USS Lollipop.

HopefulNebula
Member # 1933

- posted      Profile for HopefulNebula     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by Vanguard:
Next you'll tell me that Riker really DID serve aboard the USS Lollipop.

What? It's a good ship.

--------------------
"Don't fight forces; use them."
--R. Buckminster Fuller

http://hopefulnebula.dreamwidth.org/

Vanguard
Member # 1780

- posted      Profile for Vanguard     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Sorry, it's pet peeve of mine about the Canonistas. Every line of dialog in every show MUST be taken literally, along with every graphic, every display, ever set piece, even if the material was never intended as such.

--------------------
www.pixelsagas.com
www.jaynz.info - The Record of Star Fleet

This topic comprises 11 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11   

Open Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps