Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums
Topic Closed  Topic Closed
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Star Trek » Starships & Technology » Hermes/Saladin/Ptolemy (Page 7)

This topic comprises 11 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11   
Author Topic: Hermes/Saladin/Ptolemy
Vanguard
Member # 1780

- posted      Profile for Vanguard     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
And, jeeze.. was THIS an old thread to bring back.

Sorry guys, I was looking for some info and this popped up in the browser. I should have paid more attention.

--------------------
www.pixelsagas.com
www.jaynz.info - The Record of Star Fleet

Sean
First Tenor
Member # 2010

- posted      Profile for Sean     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
*Waits for the necro post image to be posted...*

Well, untill the new movie comes out, there will probably be a shortage of tech threads, and trek threads in general.

--------------------
"Kosh, I'd like to introduce you to our Resident schmuck and his side kick Kick Me."-Ritten

"Fighting for peace is like screwing for virginity".
-George Carlin

Josh
Member # 1884

- posted      Profile for Josh     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
 -
Daniel Butler
I'm a Singapore where is my boat
Member # 1689

- posted      Profile for Daniel Butler     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 

True Resurrection: The thread may be dead for up to one year per caster level and suffers no loss of level or Constitution from being revived. Not even true resurrection can raise a thread which was locked by a mod.

Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

- posted      Profile for Jason Abbadon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
That is so version 3.5

--------------------
Justice inclines her scales so that wisdom comes at the price of suffering.
-Aeschylus, Agamemnon

Daniel Butler
Member # 1689

- posted      Profile for Daniel Butler     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
My handbook and DM's guide are still version 3 B)
Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

- posted      Profile for Jason Abbadon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
My room-mate bitches constantly that they're destroyed the game with this new version- everyone is calling it "Roll-Playing"- referring to the lack of any needed role-playng, as long as the dice/stats are kind.

--------------------
-Aeschylus, Agamemnon

Daniel Butler
Member # 1689

I think people should just play whatever version they want to play regardless of what's current. I mean, there are people who still play 2nd ed.
Shik
Starship database: completed; History of Starfleet: done; website: probably never
Member # 343

- posted      Profile for Shik     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by Daniel Butler:

Nigga, PLEEEAZE!! Not only do I still have my 2nd Edition shit. but I inherited my dad's 1st edition old-school hotness. AND dice.

--------------------
"The French have a saying: 'mise en place'—keep everything in its fucking place!"

Shik
Starship database: completed; History of Starfleet: done; website: probably never
Member # 343

- posted      Profile for Shik     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:

Nigga, PLEEEAZE!! Not only do I still have my 2nd Edition shit. but I inherited my dad's 1st edition old-school hotness. AND dice.

--------------------
"The French have a saying: 'mise en place'—keep everything in its fucking place!"

Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

quote:
I think people should just play whatever version they want to play regardless of what's current. I mean, there are people who still play 2nd ed.

Dont make me get all THACO on your ass!

--------------------
-Aeschylus, Agamemnon

Guardian 2000
Member # 743

- posted      Profile for Guardian 2000     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by Vanguard:
Scott's line was not meant to be taken literally. It was a hyperbolic statement meant to explain his frustration at the situation they were in, not be proof of the Enterprise's overall mass.

Next you'll tell me that Riker really DID serve aboard the USS Lollipop.

quote:
More from Vanguard:
Sorry, it's pet peeve of mine about the Canonistas. Every line of dialog in every show MUST be taken literally, along with every graphic, every display, ever set piece, even if the material was never intended as such.

"Almost a million gross tons of vessel, depending on a hunk of crystal the size of my fist."

You can whine and name-call and straw man all you like, but the above statement does not follow the usual patterns for hyperbole.

--------------------
. . . ceterum censeo Carthaginem esse delendam.

G2k's ST v. SW Tech Assessment

Vanguard
Member # 1780

- posted      Profile for Vanguard     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
It's Scotty, dammit, he's always hyperbolic.

--------------------
www.pixelsagas.com
www.jaynz.info - The Record of Star Fleet

HerbShrump
Member # 1230

- posted      Profile for HerbShrump     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
If McCoy had said that line, I could easily see him being hyperbolic.

McCoy: "Almost a million gross tons of vessel, depending on a hunk of crystal the size of my fist.'

Scotty: "Doctor McCoy, the Enterprise is a wee more than a million gross tons..."

McCoy: "Whatever! Dammnit Scotty, I'm a doctor, not an engineer!"

Mars Needs Women
Sexy Funmobile
Member # 1505

- posted      Profile for Mars Needs Women     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
First he claims that the Bonaventure is first starship with warp drive and now he claims the Enterprise is a million tons. How did he become Chief Engineer? And where's my GURPS rule book?
  This topic comprises 11 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11   

Open Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps