Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Star Trek » Starships & Technology » TAS Ships (Page 1)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: TAS Ships
The Mighty Monkey of Mim
SUPPOSED TO HAVE ICE POWERS!!
Member # 646

- posted      Profile for The Mighty Monkey of Mim     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Pleeeaaase! Can anybody provide names and registries for ships seen or mentioned in The Animated Series. I heard there was some stuff in the Concordance,(which I don't have) but I wish some kind soul who has the episodes could get this info.

Much appreciated!

Masao
doesn't like you either
Member # 232

- posted      Profile for Masao     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Try here: http://www.geocities.com/Area51/Stargate/3751/Tech.html

--------------------
When you're in the Sol system, come visit the Starfleet Museum

The Mighty Monkey of Mim
Member # 646

- posted      Profile for The Mighty Monkey of Mim     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
That seems to be just about the best (and only) site specifically on TAS. However, I was hoping someone might have more specifics, perhaps from the concordance, or somewhere else.

Some examples: 1.) What were the registries of the two cargo drones from "More Tribbles, More Troubles?" 2.) Were there any new Constitution-class starships seen? What was that thing about a dreadnought? 3.) What other ships were mentioned? Wasn't there an S.S. Ariel or some-such?

But, thanks for the link Masao.

Masao
doesn't like you either
Member # 232

- posted      Profile for Masao     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I have both editions of the concordance, but they're at the office. I'll check on Monday.

A page at the site I referred to before shows a schematic of one drone ship with a registry of NCC-G1465, but the registry of the other ship in screen caps is unclear. I've never heard of a dreadnought in TAS.

--------------------

The Mighty Monkey of Mim
Member # 646

There is a pic at The Guardian of Forever from TAS that says 'dreadnought' as a caption. But the ship looks like a connie.
Starship Freak
Member # 293

- posted      Profile for Starship Freak     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yes, the dreadnought on my page looks like a constitution-class. In the dialogue of the episode it is said that the balloon (yes, that is what it is) looks like a dreadnought. It also says that class was never built, because starfleet didn´t need that kind of firepower. This design contradicts Franz Joseph, and if the radiochatter does mention a dreadnought, even canon evidence. Tas is semicanon at best, even if I would like to consider it canon

ps - this is my favourite Tas-page: http://www.mainengineering.hispeed.com/tas_main.html - ds

--------------------
"The Starships of the Federation are the physical, tangible manifestations of Humanity´s stubborn insistence that life does indeed mean something."
Spock to Leonard McCoy in "Final Frontier"

J
Member # 608

- posted      Profile for J     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Depending on one's exact timeline... Starfleet can not need a dreadnought type vessel in mid-2260's and then needed one in 2271 [thus the Federation Class] but this does indicate that the Federation Class was relatively new by that time [in other words, the ship we heard in TMP was on flight trials--- and thus another reason why a Heavy Cruise was sent in place of a Dreadnought to counter V'Ger].

--------------------
Later, J
_ _ _ _ _ ___ _ _ _ _ _
The Last Person to post in the late Voyager Forum. Bashing both Voyager, Enterprise, and "The Bun" in one glorious post.

me@webj.cjb.net
http://webj.cjb.net

The Mighty Monkey of Mim
Member # 646

Wait a sec. A BALLOON???

Daniel
Member # 453

- posted      Profile for Daniel     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
You never saw/read the episode "Practical Joker"? The Enterprise comptuer goes nuts, and in an attempt to get revenge on some enemy commander creates an aluminum foil balloon version of Starfleet's unbuilt dreadnought.

--------------------
"A celibate clergy is an especially good idea because it tends to suppress any hereditary propensity toward fanaticism."

-Eleanor Arroway, "Contact" by Carl Sagan

Masao
doesn't like you either
Member # 232

The Concordance only lists USS Potemkin, SS Huron, and SS Ariel. It also mentions a balloon replica of Enterprise 20 times normal size. I must have missed this episode, but it sounds... interresting.

--------------------

The Mighty Monkey of Mim
Member # 646

No, Dan. I can't say that I have.

Thanks again Masao!

So now my big question is:
(drumroll)
What was the registry of the other cargo drone besides the NCC-G1465?

Any takers?

The Mighty Monkey of Mim
Member # 646

Oh, yeah. Almost forgot:

P.S.
Does the Ariel have a reg?

Masao
doesn't like you either
Member # 232

That link I gave earlier has a screen cap of the robot ships, but it's too small to see the reg. I have a set of robot ship blueprints at home, I'll check to see if they give the reg. The Corcordance says SS Ariel is a small scientific exploratory ship with six crew members. No reg is given. I don't remember seeing a picture of her, so I'm not sure she was ever shown on screen.

--------------------

J
Member # 608

- posted      Profile for J     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Daniel:
You never saw/read the episode "Practical Joker"? The Enterprise comptuer goes nuts, and in an attempt to get revenge on some enemy commander creates an aluminum foil balloon version of Starfleet's unbuilt dreadnought.

Actually... I must admit two things. I have just recently finished watching all the episodes of TOS, I haven't seen them within recent memory [the last time was sometime in the 80's when I was no more than 6 years old, usually less]. As for TAS, I haven't seen a single one.

As for what you mention... I envisioned TAS as being at the very end of the five year mission... It takes time to build a starship [it's not like we can replicate them ]. I want to keep TMP at 2271... dunno why, even when I totally ignore the dates fromt he chrono when it comes to TOS and the other TOS movies. So, giving at least one or two years between "We don't need dreadnoughts" and "We're building a dreadnought" and then at least five years between that and 2271, I'll be happy. --- We just can't allow the dreadnought in TMP to be usable because the Enterprise was the only ship available [and a Dreadnought is a lot more powerful than a Cruiser].

--------------------
Later, J
_ _ _ _ _ ___ _ _ _ _ _
The Last Person to post in the late Voyager Forum. Bashing both Voyager, Enterprise, and "The Bun" in one glorious post.

me@webj.cjb.net
http://webj.cjb.net

The Mighty Monkey of Mim
Member # 646

Okay. So now we have:

1. U.S.S. Enterprise NCC-1701, Constitution-class
2. U.S.S. Potemkin, NCC-1657, Constitution-class
3. S.S. Bonaventure, NCC-S2100, Bonaventure-class
4. S.S. Huron
5. S.S. Ariel
6. NCC-G1465
7. NCC-(still waiting to see)
ANYBODY WHO HAS EPS OF TAS:
PLEASE FIND OUT WHAT THIS IS!!!
(IT'S THE OTHER CARGO DRONE BESIDES THE ONE ABOVE)

Anyone have any other TAS ships to add? (I am, of course, discounting ships for which there is no known name or registry, such as Cyrano Jones' scout and such.)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2008 Solareclipse Network.